D'Antoni Post Game - Magic @ Knicks: The Man Is A Bafoon

smokes

Huge Member
Going back to your original post, it's actually kinda funny because. Yeah Amare is not a good post player at least not traditionally back to the basket kinda thing.

However Melo is probably the best post-up SF in the league. And Billups has the size in his body to post up any PG in this league really... Maybe not Deron.

Ability in the post is there, but dude, letting these guys do half court sets is obviously a huge strain for MDA... You can't ask him to let someone post up, are you trying to give the man a heart attack?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
D'Antoni should have been fired for letting Duhon start longer than four months.

It's funny to think about. Marbury caused some trouble, but Duhon starting over him?LOL

You don't sit guys out because you didn't like him arguing with an opposing player in pre-season.

Duhon isn't even a better assist guy than Nate.

jpz17

Starter
Mike D'Antoni is a great coach and his lineups and matchups have just reiterated that with me. Amazing coach, unbelievably knowledgeable, unlike most posters on this board.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Prove that you're more knowledgeable than the rest of the board.

Mike D'Antoni is a great coach and his lineups and matchups have just reiterated that with me. Amazing coach, unbelievably knowledgeable, unlike most posters on this board.

Again, JPZ, you come in with a 20 words or less bitter comment and don't back up your opinion.

And you dis the whole board?

You instill nothing, but are so passionate. Come on, be specific. Amazing coach, unbelievably knowledgeable? Please expound.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Going back to your original post, it's actually kinda funny because. Yeah Amare is not a good post player at least not traditionally back to the basket kinda thing.

However Melo is probably the best post-up SF in the league. And Billups has the size in his body to post up any PG in this league really... Maybe not Deron.

Ability in the post is there, but dude, letting these guys do half court sets is obviously a huge strain for MDA... You can't ask him to let someone post up, are you trying to give the man a heart attack?

:teeth:

Yes! I am!

I actually made a thread about initiating a post offence now that we have Melo and Billups.

Might as well piss in the wind really.

STAT1

Starter

Just curious what about MDA's lineups & matchups have reiterated his coaching brilliance to you? Did you think it was a brilliant move to have Shawne Williams guarding Dwight Howard down the stretch of last night's game? Do think by sitting his best rebounders like Anthony Randolph before the trade & Shelden Williams now that he is making a decision that's in the best interests of this current Knicks team when our weakness all year long has been rebounding? Do you believe he makes the correct adjustments over the course of most games when we're getting beaten in the paint & dominated on the boards by playing a small lineup? Instead of posting some all inclusive commentary on the knowledge level of the other posters on the forums like that, why not back up your comment with some logical reasons for why you think MDA's a brilliant coach?

KingofNy

Starter
I watched it on ESPN because I knew Van Gundy was commentating.

It's so funny to hear him, it makes me wish he was our coach. HOLD PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE. YELL AT THEM TO GET BACK ON D.

Van Gundy had SO MUCH to say that could improve the Knicks, it just showed me how much I'd love to have him come coach. Hold every player accountable is what needs to be the motto of this team.

I was laughing at the same thing too... He called out Stat for his lack of hustle in transition and then called out Dumbtoni for not getting on his players for their lack of movement and poor spacing. Also, did you see Dumbtoni's interview? He said the same old excuses he always uses every game we suck.. "We are missing our shots and the other team is shooting well... We need to start hitting our shots." That quote alone makes me cringe considering we were 6-10 from 3 at that point in the game. The guy wouldn't know a bad D if it smacked him in the face.

Antoni is hands down the WORST coach we've EVER had IMO...seriously. No matter how many stars we get he'll still make excuses and we'll continue to lose unless we shoot 60% from the field. The guy is garbage and needs to pack his bags... and if it takes us losing every game the rest of the season/playoffs to do it, then it is what it is...I hate that guy and he's ruining NY basketball.

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter

You obviously know $hit about basketball or coaching for that matter.

Dumbtoni sits Melo for the first half of the 4th quarter EVERY SINGLE GAME and people wonder why we blow almost every game.

Dumbtoni has no clue when to rotate his players... When Fields or Douglas is on fire he pulls him and sits him forever and replaces them with the coldest player on the bench.

Dumbtoni has NO IDEA how to run a half-court offense...NOT AT ALL. His half court offense consists of a few high screen and rolls, isolation, or the backdoor screen kickout for a corner three. That's it. If were not running and gunning there's no off-ball movement, no post up game, and last but not least, no drives to the basket.

I could go for days... But go ahead and keep living in your fantasy world. We were barely .500 before the trade and now are below that after the trade. The guy just can't coach.

Anyone who outcasts and then forces the release of good defenders/scorers like an Anthony Randolph or Corey Brewer just to pick up garbage players like JJ and Brown just blows my mind. JJ is a BIG reason our team is losing. Opposing defenses just take whoever would normally cover him and double our true scorers. But I guess that's not Dumbtoni's fault either. LOL You have no clue man.