I don't think Melo is getting the ball enough down the stetch

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo is a lot better than Gallinari yet it seems like he's being used the same way. Gallinari was inconsistent, but the games in the 4th quarter in which I thought and said, "Give it to Gallo", he made a basket. When Gallo has a good game, you get ready to give him the ball. Melo goes on for some long stretches without getting the ball. What gives? Is it because he attacks inside the paint and doesn't settle for threes? Who knows.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think he has the potential to be a great 4th qtr playmaker. Melo is the most talented player on this team. I love STAT, heart and soul of this team (if he played great D this team would go places), but Melo is just more talented. Melo should look to get his teammates involved early, more so get STAT going fast. Once STAT gets a bucket or two to go in, he starts to roll.

Once STAT got it going Melo should just be there to support but he should still be aggressive.

Maintain good ball movement, make a pass then move away a look to get the ball back and be ready when it comes back to shoot. Establish good rhythm.

His iso game should be used when we're stuck offensively. Give him the ball and everyone get the hell out the way.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Blumatic;169758[B said:
]I think he has the potential to be a great 4th qtr playmaker. Melo is the most talented player on this team.[/b] I love STAT, heart and soul of this team (if he played great D this team would go places), but Melo is just more talented. Melo should look to get his teammates involved early, more so get STAT going fast. Once STAT gets a bucket or two to go in, he starts to roll.

Once STAT got it going Melo should just be there to support but he should still be aggressive.

Maintain good ball movement, make a pass then move away a look to get the ball back and be ready when it comes back to shoot. Establish good rhythm.

His iso game should be used when we're stuck offensively. Give him the ball and everyone get the hell out the way.
I just wish they would just let Melo attack the basket from the beginning of the game to the end. As a matter of fact I really wish the whole team had that attitude instead of settling for mid range jump shots and shooting 3's like they are going out of style.

I know they are going by MDA's system, but until they start going inside to outside with the ball instead of outside to inside, this will never be a championship team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I just wish they would just let Melo attack the basket from the beginning of the game to the end. As a matter of fact I really wish the whole team had that attitude instead of settling for mid range jump shots and shooting 3's like they are going out of style.

I know they are going by MDA's system, but until they start going inside to outside with the ball instead of outside to inside, this will never be a championship team.
Remember early on in the season when we switched to more of an attacking style and were winning games?

We have too many players able to attack the basket to not do it.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Remember early on in the season when we switched to more of an attacking style and were winning games?

We have too many players able to attack the basket to not do it.
Bingo!!!! And you are dead on about earlier in the season when we attacked the basket more, it equaled winning.

Maybe Charlie Sheen should tell MDA Duh Winning!!!

with the way 4th qtr offense has been going, i dont see why they dont just dump the ball to melo on the wing and let him work it, maybe even a little shake'n'bake mid range jumper like paul pierce does for the celts

KingofNy

Starter
The OP is right... Dumbtoni sits Melo for at least 6 minutes to start the 4th quarter EVERY SINGLE GAME. The guy just sucks as a coach, he needs to find a new nitch... maybe an offensive assistant...maybe.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
The OP is right... Dumbtoni sits Melo for at least 6 minutes to start the 4th quarter EVERY SINGLE GAME. The guy just sucks as a coach, he needs to find a new nitch... maybe an offensive assistant...maybe.

Its starting to frustrate me that anthony isnt seeing 10+ mins every 4th quarter. Having arguably your best scorer on the bench for half the 4th quarter in close games makes absolutely no sense to me. We need a coach who can utilize his talents better and actually wants to coach some D.

Everyone in the league knows how Mello plays, but this coach of ours wants to make him into something he's not. You just got to let these guys play their game. Design some plays for them that uses their strengths, and stop telling them to move the ball around until they find their spots, thats just basic playground basket ball he's talking, it's no secret plan nor is it coaching.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I agree with the OP. The offense should be going through Melo; especially in the 4th. Melo has always been a good passer & he showed this in the game vs ORL. If he gets doubled he'll find the open man & that'll get us easy looks to get the offense going.