Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: You all are angry @ the wrong man; instead? Try running Walsh out of town.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Good luck on that one; because it's not about to happen. Walsh is an excellent GM.

You all hate on MDA 24/7, but forget the main & only reason why MDA coaches NY; because of Walsh.

So instead of trying to run MDA out of town; you all should "try" & run Walsh out of town. He's the only one responsible for MDA being here.

The fact of the matter is this: Walsh loved the success that PHX enjoyed under MDA & wants him as Knicks head coach. It's as simple as that.

Walsh is not about to "fire the coach" who knew NY would lose for 2 full seasons, during a time where NY has finially started to win during the 3rd year (as expected).

In less than 3 years; Walsh, MDA & Amare have this franchise relevant once again. We've drafted & developed real talents such as Gallo, Douglas, Mozgov & Fields. Chandler & Felton both blew up in NY under MDA. Landed 2 of the NBA's top 10 STARS in Amare & Melo; & the Knicks are headed to the playoffs for the 1st time since 04.

The Walsh & MDA era has just begun; so deal with it.
    Felton was good before O'antoni.. and he will be good after...the others for the exception of chandler were all aquired under Oantoni tenure.. so i would hope he can develop players.. doesnt mean he can coach a team effectively.

chandler showed alot before he O'antoni got there.. and im assuming with maturity and more reps..like most players.. he got better

your assuming that these players would not have been good under another coach.. you can do that..

what we do know is that players that have failed under o'antoni has gone on to play better elsewhere..

what does that tell u??

Fire this prick ASAP

Good luck on that one; because it's not about to happen. Walsh is an excellent GM.

You all hate on MDA 24/7, but forget the main & only reason why MDA coaches NY; because of Walsh.

So instead of trying to run MDA out of town; you all should "try" & run Walsh out of town. He's the only one responsible for MDA being here.

The fact of the matter is this: Walsh loved the success that PHX enjoyed under MDA & wants him as Knicks head coach. It's as simple as that.

Walsh is not about to "fire the coach" who knew NY would lose for 2 full seasons, during a time where NY has finially started to win during the 3rd year (as expected).

In less than 3 years; Walsh, MDA & Amare have this franchise relevant once again. We've drafted & developed real talents such as Gallo, Douglas, Mozgov & Fields. Chandler & Felton both blew up in NY under MDA. Landed 2 of the NBA's top 10 STARS in Amare & Melo; & the Knicks are headed to the playoffs for the 1st time since 04.

The Walsh & MDA era has just begun; so deal with it.
    This thread is a joke, I'm really starting to wonder if your Mike D'antoni.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

SMH @ that so called fan who doesn't consider NY as being relevant for the 1st time since the Ewing era died; all because we're "1 game below .500" after a mid-season trade DEPLEATED our team that was headed to the playoffs for the 1st time in 6 years.

Now I've seen it all. Go back & enjoy that era of I.Thomas. Or better yet; Go jump on the wagon when the Russian brings the Nets to Brooklyn.

NY isn't relevant for the 1st time in over 10 years? Right.

We all know 04 was was the last time NY made the playoffs, but only a long time fan remembers the last time we won a playoff gm.

-We landed two of the NBA's top 10 Stars in Melo & Amare + a veteran leader & star in his own right in Billups.

-We landed & drafted the STEAL of the draft in Fields. The best overall Knick rookie since god known when.

-Douglas is turning into a top 5 STEAL from last years draft class. Douglas + Fields = Home Grown Talents.

-Fighting for the playoffs.

Sorry if none of this has been "relevant enough" for you. Greedy ass lol

Wrong.

You guys are the only types of "what have you done for me lately" or "love you when your up & kick you when your down" types of "fans".

Walsh & MDA both understood NY had no chance to win during their 1st two years in NY. Fans like YOU "expected" to win. Ughh!

If Walsh was a what have you done for me lately POS type of GM... MDA would have been gone a long time ago. Fact.

As I stated: Your beef is with the wrong man. You need to "try & run" Walsh out of town. As long as Walsh is in NY; MDA will be here for AT LEAST 3-4 years; because the Knicks are on the verge of winning for years to come under both Walsh & MDA.

We'll become a true contender come next year after we UPGRADE this current roster.

But the fact of the matter is this; he's not about to fire a good coach before giving that coach a chance to upgrade a playoff team into a serious contender during this up coming offseason.

The Knicks aren't a "team" right now; we're a team trying to learn how to play as a & become a better team.
    Did I expect to win in years one and two under MDA? No.

Did I expect to win, in those years, when we went into the 4th with a 7-10 point lead? Yes.

Did I wonder why early shots were still going up and there seemed to be more of an emphasis on offense as opposed to defense late in the game with a lead? Yes.

Did I also buy into the excuse that because our roster was trash, we were losing? Yes.

Are the New York Knicks currently going into the 4th with a lead, or a fighting chance and squandering it away with poor shot selection for a closely contested game in the 4th? Yes.

Are the 2010-2011 Knicks closing out games with the same philosophy and gameplan that the 2008-09 & 2009-10 Knicks did? Yes.

Is it working? No.

Does it take two functional braincells to see that our philosophy isn't conducive to closing out close games on a game-to-game basis? No, it takes one.

Am I sick and tired of people regurgitating the same superficial bull****, that has no meaning whatsoever....ignoring the more in depth stuff that they can't seem to follow...just to make sure everyone knows exactly how much they support MDA? Aaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely.

KnicksFanFromMDA'sCrib1985, you do understand that there are several things within a single game that lead to a win or a lose right? Those same philosophical flaws and tactical deficiencies that led to our losing games that we should have won in 2008 and 2009, are still present in 2010 and 2011. That. Is. A. Problem.

The only way it's acceptable is if MDA has some sort of learning disability. And I'm not gonna talk trash about folks with that ailment...that's low, but I will say this....he shouldn't be the head coach of a professional basketball team if he's not adequate for the job. Now...if you're saying that he doesn't have a learning disability and he's just a stubborn *******....well then he can get the **** out.

This has nothing to do with Phoenix, it has nothing to do with his previous 60+ wins seasons, it has nothing to do with how he's viewed around the league, it doesn't even have anything to do with his mustache. He's just not the right guy for this job.

And if you have a rebuttal to this post with more superficial bull****...someone needs to slap the hell outta you and bring you back to reality. It's getting to the point where you're kind of delusional.

And please...stop "shaking your head" at everything and starting every post with what you're sorry about.

You can't tell people what they're thinking because....you don't know what they're thinking...hell...I don't even know if you understand what you're thinking.

And no one gives a **** is you're "sorry" or not, so apology accepted for all instances in the future where you're gonna feel the need to say sorry. You can stop saying it now.

Veteran

-We landed two of the NBA's top 10 Stars in Melo & Amare + a veteran leader & star in his own right in Billups.

thanks, to Dolan and probably Walsh, I'm almost positive the coach had very little to do with it.

-We landed & drafted the STEAL of the draft in Fields. The best overall Knick rookie since god known when.

Yeah, thanks to Walsh...Coach would have probably drafted another family member.

-Douglas is turning into a top 5 STEAL from last years draft class. Douglas + Fields = Home Grown Talents.

Just imagine how better he'll be if he was under a different coach, what you see him do on defense is his own raw talent....

After all this, he still finds a way to lose. SMH

It's all good thou, I know his days are numbered because he can't adjust to his players. There's no way in hell Dolan is going to be paying this much moola to a roster (with 2 young allstars on it) and settle for this kind of performance. If other teams can aquire new people and get them clicking how come D'antoni can't? I'm sure much of the reasons have been stated.
    If he is not going to adjust then he needs to get out of town. His services are no longer required, I'm positive we can find another coach to get this team winning again.

SMH @ that so called fan who doesn't consider NY as being relevant for the 1st time since the Ewing era died; all because we're "1 game below .500" after a mid-season trade DEPLEATED our team that was headed to the playoffs for the 1st time in 6 years.

Now I've seen it all. Go back & enjoy that era of I.Thomas. Or better yet; Go jump on the wagon when the Russian brings the Nets to Brooklyn.

NY isn't relevant for the 1st time in over 10 years? Right.

We all know 04 was was the last time NY made the playoffs, but only a long time fan remembers the last time we won a playoff gm.

-Fighting for the playoffs.

Sorry if none of this has been "relevant enough" for you. Greedy ass lol
    Sup Dantoni

WOW. I know he didnt... nah just WOW...

Mike, while you're here on the forums maybe you can answer some questions for us to stem the tide of hatred!

1) Why don't you play Fields or Turiaf in crunch time?
    2) Why do you take Melo out of the game when he's on fire?
    3) Why don't you ever take a timeout and make a set play when the game is on the line?

Jesus, another thread?

I'm actually really surprised Donnie even came to manage NY. It makes so sense to me really. Donnie is renown for his patience and instincts while building teams. Remember the Pacers that he basically built from nothing?

Then he comes to NY and works for his alter ego essentially, James Dolan who just throws money at things and expects it to happen NOW!

Walsh has obviously had to forego his patience on several occasions most notably being the trade for Tracy McGrady and now the trade for Melo. Under any other circumstances I am sure Donnie would have drawn these out and got better deals for us but working under Dolan and also in NY where the fans demand immediate satisfaction (and rarely get any) forces him to compromise.

Two months ago there were reports Donnie was on his way out and MDA was staying, so there's no point saying MDA will be here as long as Walsh is here. Hopefully Walsh is with us at least a few more years to see this rebuilding work he put into action pay off.

And while I appreciate MDA for coming here, spending 2 years tanking his coaching stats and at least trying in his own way to bring some kind of success and excitement back to the Knicks, but bottom line is it's not working, and I am certain there are coaches out there who can do a much better job with this team. Step aside Mike.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

No matter what you say; Walsh is the man responsible for MDA being in NY. Accept it.

No matter how often you all bash MDA with each & every post of each & every thread; it still doesn't change the fact that Walsh & D'Antoni will both find ways to upgrade this team during the offseason. MDA will be our head coach next year. Deal with it.

You all act as if this is the "finished product". Wrong as wrong could be.

With all that said; I know I'm about to get attacked, bashed & made fun of for believing in this team under MDA, but I seen some improvements during our last two games against Boston & Orlando & just have a good feeling we're about to storm into the playoffs.

I predict we're on the verge of our 1st Knicks 10 game win streak since god known when (before dropping our final game against Boston).

vs Bucks: W
    @ Charlotte: W
    vs Magic: W (Minor upset)
    vs Nets: W
    vs Cavs: W (About time)
    vs Raptors: W
    @ 76ers: W
    @ NJ: W
    @ Pacers: W
    @ CHI: W. 3rd W vs CHI

It all starts tonight vs the Bucks.

No matter what you say; Walsh is the man responsible for MDA being in NY. Accept it.

No matter how often you all bash MDA with each & every post of each & every thread; it still doesn't change the fact that Walsh & D'Antoni will both find ways to upgrade this team during the offseason. MDA will be our head coach next year. Deal with it.

With all that said; I know I'm about to get attacked, bashed & made fun of for believing in this team under MDA, but I seen some improvements during our last two games against Boston & Orlando & just have a good feeling we're about to storm into the playoffs.

I predict we're on the verge of our 1st Knicks 10 game win streak since god known when (before dropping our final game against Boston).

See this is the problem you don't debate points just call everyone MDA haters and move on :P

Also predicting a 10 game win streak doesn't help your credibility. Hey I love the optimism and pray that you're right but yeah, you know that

^^ more superficial bull****.

Dude's whole demeanor reminds me of a little ass kid. "Well....I don't care what you say...I'm right...you poo-poo head."

Your prediction of MDA being our coach next year and this supposed 10 game winning streak are both right until they're wrong...anyone can do it. They're just words, backed up by no tangible evidence and they mean about as much as the dirt on the bottom of my kicks.

Watch, I predict that the Lakers will win the chip this summer....let me know if I win the prize in June.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

true....walsh got O'antoni with the hope of getting guys from tema USA as free agents...if that got us those players... then i can accept that.. if walsh still supports O'antoni.. then he needs to go to....he has to at least look like he supports the coach.. but walsh has been on record saying that he rather have a more convential lineup/system