We don't use our talents correctly!

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
At 6'8 230, Melo is one of the most prolific offensive talents in the league and I feel he could be used in more ways than what he is.

The way I see it, we should have Melo at the point forward like Lebron in cle, or mcgrady in Orl, or bird did in Bos, or Magic in LA. (yea magic was the starting point but he was the size of a forward)

We can have a combo of TD, billups, fields, and mason in the game with STAT n Melo, but just let Melo bring the ball down and start the offense.

Once he swings the ball out the DT, we put the defense at a disadvantage because we have 3 point shooters who can swing to the open man, knock down shots, and STAT has the paint to himself to go to work when he gets it.

If we need a bucket down the stretch then we iso Melo on the wing where he likes it.

STAT maybe the heart and soul of this team, but to win we have to take advantage of Melo more to get oppertunities at easy and wide on buckets for the TEAM.

We dnt have to post Amare up, but get him closer to the bucket, and let him handle the ball less. The farther away from the basket he is, the more he shoots the jumper.

Dont get me wrong he can hit that 15-18 footer, but he is too athletic to settle for that shot. Make him get closer to the block and dominate downlow, he automatically attacks when he is around the cup.

It would be nice to see our team go at the opposing team, its rare they're bigs are in foul trouble because all we do is shoot the damn ball.

Im not blaming the coach, I would just rather see us USE our stars to make the team better as well as winners.

smokes

Huge Member
Word been saying exactly the same thing about Melo since I saw him in the Orlando game although he doesn't even have to bring the ball up, anyone can bring it up just get it into his hands quickly and let him run the plays more of the time.

If Melo and Billups share the decision making 50/50 or 60/40 thats 2 guys that are quality decision makers running our offense.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Word been saying exactly the same thing about Melo since I saw him in the Orlando game although he doesn't even have to bring the ball up, anyone can bring it up just get it into his hands quickly and let him run the plays more of the time.

If Melo and Billups share the decision making 50/50 or 60/40 thats 2 guys that are quality decision makers running our offense.

Your right, he doesnt have to bring it down, just run it through him.

Its also kinda hard when he sits the WHOLE 4th and comes in at 5 minutes expected to still be warm and loose. SMH

Amare has NOOOO hands or awareness. His awareness on 2k11 should be a 50. Defensive awareness anyway...

la2ny

Starter
Your right, he doesnt have to bring it down, just run it through him.

Its also kinda hard when he sits the WHOLE 4th and comes in at 5 minutes expected to still be warm and loose. SMH

Amare has NOOOO hands or awareness. His awareness on 2k11 should be a 50. Defensive awareness anyway...
50!?!?!?!? are you freking kidding me???? That shits a 2! He let Jennings just walk in for a layup l8 in the 4th it was so pitful and Dumbtoni said nOTHING! just stood there with his arms crossed. If that was pOP or Phil his ass woulda got a timeout called, chewed him out, and subbed in someone else

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont know if anyone else been watching our 4th quarter disasters,
but we dont have any dynamic change on offense or defense in the
4th quarter of our last five games. Alot of teams wait untill the 4th qtr.
to run all their 3-ball shooting design plays to open the lane for slashers
& postup. We do not change up our offense or defense from the first qtr.
to last qtr..

We have two of the leagues top scorers and we havnt design one play
for them since the Melo trade (What happen to the pick n roll with Amare?).
I havnt seen any "Screening/Picking" design plays for a catch & shoot
or slash to the basket for Amare/Melo/and Fields.
All I been seeing is "one on one and man on man" school park plays
during all 4 quarters from the Knicks. I thought after playing Boston then
Orlando two teams with team-coordination on both sides of the court it
would rub off on us having Amare/Melo/Billups.

Why was Shelden Williams used in the 3rd & 4th quarter? he have not been
getting steady playingtime since joining the team, Sheldon's playingtime should
be in the "2nd-Quarter" untill he get up to speed with his new teammates. Mason Jr.
and Jefferies should not be in the 2nd-half rotation either untill they come-up to
speed with their teammates.

We are suppose to be meshing a 2nd-half rotation with players:
Billups/Fields/Douglas/Carter/Shawn/Carmelo/Amare/and Turiaf.
While giving first-half playingtime to Sheldon, Balkman, Jefferies,
and Walker every other game so our "starters" know these players
best talents and how to use them for a win in the postseason games.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:
I'm sorry to mention, we have a POOR-POOR headcoach with
no-strategic coaching mind to build a 9+ man rotation, b/c
5 of those players have to be defensively-coached to make
STOPS...
:thumbsup:

50!?!?!?!? are you freking kidding me???? That shits a 2! He let Jennings just walk in for a layup l8 in the 4th it was so pitful and Dumbtoni said nOTHING! just stood there with his arms crossed. If that was pOP or Phil his ass woulda got a timeout called, chewed him out, and subbed in someone else
D'antoni runs a system that he helped to pioneer. He in NOT a head coach. Coaches teach, mentor, develop, and motivate players. They also mold to skill set they are given.

DWalsh has done all he can as a GM. We get solid players and he doghouses them with his short rotation.

I think this latest trade is a revelation. Its exposed his inability to do more than run a system, but coach. You can coach effort, its called motivation. When players don't buy in to your system, find another way to sell it. Having 2 superstars and losing to the likes of Indiana, Milwaukee, and Cleveland multiple times, is about coaching.

I hope Dolan and DWalsh see it as we have. I might expect a dip after the trade, but the team looks absolutely lost. During the game, they turn to their coach for leadership, and he looks lost too.