Knicks @ Bobcats 3-26-11: Who Cares

la2ny

Starter
Knicks @ Bobcats
Hope we win, aint looking good though.:boohoo:

See you guys next game thread because I really can't even deal with any basketball related things on the Enet right now :barf:

STAT1

Starter
Guys <noscript> </noscript>if we lose this <noscript> </noscript>Mike D'Antoni is guaranteed to be fired,I'm sure of it.

He won't be fired with only 10 more games left in the season. Dolan will give him the playoffs to right this ship if they get embarassed in the 1st round then you might see him get the axe but I doubt very much he's going anywhere before the postseason begins. If Dolan fires him I certainly won't be shedding any tears though, that's for sure.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Let him coach till this season ends, firing him and hiring new coach would be senseless right now, offseason is a proper time to make some changes.

This will be MDA's 1st offseason to improve a playoff team into a serious contender...

Yes, he messed up bad with young guys like AR & that career bust until now in Darko: but after watching MDA try DIFFERENT players @ C in Turiaf, Amare, a project rookie from Russia, JJ, Shawne & Shelden... There is no way ANYONE can tell me that MDA wouldn't welcome not a "project", but an NBA PROVEN Starting C such as M.Gasol, Nene, Dalembert or Jordan. Thats like saying this man "want's to lose". He's started 6-7 different C's this year; he's trying.

Plus; if Walsh passed up on a TRUE C', "just to make MDA happy" what does that say about our GM?

I'm giving NY time to gain PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE, a Draft to improve our bench depth, Free Agency to upgrade the NBA's worst 5 hole + an Offseaon of TC, Practice(s), time to GEL & an ENTIRE Preseason to get ready. If we're not AT LEAST 7 gms above .500 after 20 gms next year? I'll turn anti MDA too; but not before giving him an offseason to improve his 1st playoff team with NY.

With all that said... I just wanna see this team head into the playoffs with a winning record above .500.

A win tonight (won't be easy) take us back to 1 game below .500 where anything is possible. Falling 3 games below .500 wouldn't be good for this coach, these players, this team or even us fans.

The mid-season trade depleated this playoff team & it's more than obvious we need an offseason to gain team chemistry, trust & understanding of this team & surrounding players.

It's not easy on MDA either. Not after losing 3 starters in Felton (His PG he worked with since day 1 of the offseason), Gallo, Mozgov (We still sucked on D & he only averaged 2 & 3 per) + an explosive 6th man in Chandler. It hasn't been easy on MDA either. Yeah... We landed Melo but Billups has been rusty & trash since the injury.

This "coach" didn't get worse because of this trade, the TEAM got worse because of a mid-season trade that gutted the roster. I'm glad we landed Melo... But unless a light switch goes off during the playoffs..

skisloper

Starter
A win tonight and we are right back on track.

Lets hope anthony carter plays again based on his energy last night.

Please replace shawnee williams with Bill Walker.
Williams is hurt and Bill Walker had a huge presence in the Heat game.

PLEASE do not have douglas start over fields as he did in the 2nd half. If Billups is not playing up to par then let douglas play point as he did when Billups was hurt. Do not sit fields......

I agree.

I like the potential of Shawne Williams but if both Shawne Williams & Billups aren't 100%? I'd much rather see more of Bill Walker & Toney Douglas.

I'd like to see Billups come off the bench during the next 2-4 games as our 6th man with Douglas getting most of the playing time as our starting PG.

That would not only allow Billups to recover/learn more about our offense, but also give the Knicks a veteran leader as our PG when resting TD as well as some other starters.

I'd also like to see Fields shoot less & become more of an aggressive slasher to the rim like he did time & time again before the Melo trade.

A win tonight and we are right back on track.

Lets hope anthony carter plays again based on his energy last night.

Please replace shawnee williams with Bill Walker.
Williams is hurt and Bill Walker had a huge presence in the Heat game.

PLEASE do not have douglas start over fields as he did in the 2nd half. If Billups is not playing up to par then let douglas play point as he did when Billups was hurt. Do not sit fields......

If you replace Williams with Walker who guards the C position? Williams doing it is a stretch at best. Whats funny is they annouced last night that Williams was playing with a broken or sprained finger on his shooting hand. He shouldnt be playing at all.

As far as Douglas starting the 2nd quarter I actually give MOA a :thumbsup:. Jennings was killing us. TD shut him down in the third.

petescud

Starter
Before the trade didn't we beat them 2x....lets see what happens as they are minus my boy Wallace who got traded to Portland

At this point it's almost irrelevant whether we win or lose...we won't chatch Philly anymore and the Bobcats/Bucks probably won't catch us anymore.

We're in for a losing season (again) and 7th or 8th seed with a 0-4 sweep or 1-4 1st round exit against Miami, Boston or Chicago.

That's the reality in New York.

(Hell this feels like the Isiah days all over again).

100 million dollars for STAT was always destined to haunt us.

And now we've added a second big contract with Melo's.

I hope we won't pick up Billups' option for next year or else we're in cap hell once again with a mediocre team and a wrong combination of star players.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Yea this could be consider a landmark of some sort. We havent loss to this team this year. Losing today would be totally unacceptable...
We haven't lost to the Pistons either, but the Knicks with this coach and these guys is a team where amazing happens. Every game, even against all those piss teams, is like a lottery, hey, you never know.

KingCharles34

All Star
Maybe landry fields will actually do something tonight

Its hard to win with a shooting guard that has been as irrelevant and non existent as fields has been

Averages for Last 5 games:

7.6pts
40.5 FG%
31.3 3 PT%
25.6mpg

Shake my fukkin head @ Fields (And Billups b*tch ass)

What kind of a supporting cast is this?

I dont even wanna see another post about Anthony Randolph :mad:

smokes

Huge Member
Maybe landry fields will actually do something tonight

Its hard to win with a shooting guard that has been as irrelevant and non existent as fields has been

Averages for Last 5 games:

7.6pts
40.5 FG%
31.3 3 PT%
25.6mpg

Shake my fukkin head @ Fields (And Billups b*tch ass)

What kind of a supporting cast is this?

I dont even wanna see another post about Anthony Randolph :mad:

Why don't you ask MDA why Fields has been benched the entire 4th quarter of all these close games? Best rebounding guard in the league sitting on the bench while we let the other team +5 rebound us in the 4th. Love it.

Yeah Fields was playing well last night then Mike benches him for a long stretch in that 3rd quarter.. why I do not know and will not try to understand..

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Yeah Fields was playing well last night then Mike benches him for a long stretch in that 3rd quarter.. why I do not know and will not try to understand..

It's not hard to understand. MDA is a horrible coach when it comes to player rotation. He has no sense in his head for anything but his offensive system and it bites us in the a$$ time and time again...

Landry has proven his worth this year... I have no faith that this coach will try to expand this kid's game, as the kid has shown the potential of doing. I say fire MDA now. Let Herb Williams run the show for a while and bring in a new coach next year.

The worst possible thing we could do is allow MDA help influence free agency pick ups in the post season.