View Poll Results: What would be our best scenario?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks make playoffs and lose in 1st round and Dantoni gets a second chance

5 29.41%
  • Knicks miss playoffs and Dantoni is for sure gone

12 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would still be glad if the knicks missed the playoffs!

Lightbulb I would still be glad if the knicks missed the playoffs!

Think about it, if we make the playoffs and still get swept, MDA may still get a chance to coach the team and get a chance for one more season, but if we miss the playoffs he will 100% get fired, so what would be the better option? so basically if we miss the playoffs that is the quickest way really to get rid of MDA.

I want him gone ASAP....too many ass-holic moves this season

Playoffs or no playoffs this year we need to cut our losses and move on from him. He seems like a likeable guy in to the media but as a coach he's nothing to write home about.

Get him outta here by any means necessary. Its not like we dont have reasons for wanting hm gone:

His defensive acumen is low at best
    Didnt play Hill who's now in Houstons rotation
    Didnt play Darko who is now in Minnys rotation
    Didnt play Randolph who is BEASTING
    Didnt give Brewer a look at all
    Totally inflexible in relation to using players strengths
    His offense doesnt work unless he has the perfect roster which will never happen
    Plays players out of position in order to gain an offensive advantage, foregoing defense

These are just a few that I was able to come up with off the top of my head.

And your right about the size factor thing with him, people forget that it wasnt amare playing center for the suns but shawn marion who was the most versatile player in the nba who could play 4 positions,he tries to squeeze every drop of offense but has no answers for when our D stinks.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Root against the success of the team, players & fans; just because of your own personal hatred for MDA? Why waste your time watching? Come back next year if you root for failure this year.

You'd be "glad" if we miss out? When we haven't made the dance in 6 years? Some fan you are. Now I've seen it all. Your a quitter.

Playoffs or no playoffs: If Dolan & Walsh bring Mike back next year, when MDA is so horrible... That means NY has a horrid franchise to begin with. Don't blame "the coach".

Your the same type of fan who pulled for the 99 Knicks (who later advanced to the Finals) to miss the playoffs; all because JVG failed to lead that team to the playoffs with anything better than an 8th seed, inside a weak eastern conf, with a loaded team in Ewing, LJ, Sprewell, Houston, Childs / Ward, Camby, Kurt Thomas & even Herb & Dudley...

Coach or no coach; die hard Knick fans miss the playoffs. Cant wait to see Billups, Amare, Melo, TD & Fields play their HEARTS out.

Ever heard of PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE? Pathetic.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Root against the success of the team, players & fans; just because of your own personal hatred for MDA? Why waste your time watching? Come back next year if you root for failure this year.

You'd be "glad" if we miss out? When we haven't made the dance in 6 years? Some fan you are. Now I've seen it all. Your a quitter.

Playoffs or no playoffs: If Dolan & Walsh bring Mike back next year, when MDA is so horrible... That means NY has a horrid franchise to begin with. Don't blame "the coach".

Your the same type of fan who pulled for the 99 Knicks (who later advanced to the Finals) to miss the playoffs; all because JVG failed to lead that team to the playoffs with anything better than an 8th seed, inside a weak eastern conf, with a loaded team in Ewing, LJ, Sprewell, Houston, Childs / Ward, Camby, Kurt Thomas & even Herb & Dudley...

Coach or no coach; die hard Knick fans miss the playoffs. Cant wait to see Billups, Amare, Melo, TD & Fields play their HEARTS out.

Ever heard of PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE? Pathetic.
    Dude your anti hate for dantonia is more sickening then anyone on here hating on the man. This isnt a personal thing with dantoni, because as a person he seems alright to me. The fact is this team shows no heart, lack of defense, and a lack of coaching right now. Its only a normal thing in professional sports that the first head to be chopped is that of the coach/mgr. Obviously something isnt clicking with this team. They are ill prepared everynight, and again they are playing with next to no emotion. Its time for a change. Its time to get a coach in here who can utilize both the talents of melo/amare, but at the same time find the right rotation to make this team a force. Yes, I know our lack of a true big is killing us right now, but so is dantonis constant shuffling through the rotation. And I still would love to know why melo is sitting the first half of every 4th quarter when we havent been able to score. The guy needs to go. Bottomline.

Any team with Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire that doesnt make the playoffs is ****in pathetic. We're already pathetic, lets not reach a new low

As long as Amare's no defense playin soft ass keeps co-signing Antoni then i dont think it would make a difference if the Knicks did miss the playoffs this year. Antoni will be back next year one way or another

We're not going past the first round in the playoffs anyway, so what difference does it make.

The sooner he's fired the sooner we can start making progress.

Banned

lol its sad that losing is really whats best for our team right now lol

nah wishing failure on a team isnt good spirit you guys gotta support a team for the bad stretches man the celtics were bad this decade and eventually they got a chip, now its our turn.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Get him outta here by any means necessary. Its not like we dont have reasons for wanting hm gone:

His defensive acumen is low at best
    Didnt play Hill who's now in Houstons rotation
    Didnt play Darko who is now in Minnys rotation
    Didnt play Randolph who is BEASTING
    Didnt give Brewer a look at all
    Totally inflexible in relation to using players strengths
    His offense doesnt work unless he has the perfect roster which will never happen
    Plays players out of position in order to gain an offensive advantage, foregoing defense

These are just a few that I was able to come up with off the top of my head.
    Spot on!
    Here's another couple to add to your list:

He sits out his best/hottest players for at least half of EVERY 4th quarter

He consistently runs a 2-3 zone regardless of what the offense throws at him
    resulting in uncontested three's and wide open drives to the basket.

Jared Jeffries and Derrick Brown...Enough said.

He burns out our players with his <8 man rotations and only plays the other guys after the crowd chants their name in blowout games and then they show him that they can hit the 3.

He only runs three plays out of a half-court offense: Isolation, High Screen and Roll, and the Flex II (drive then kickout to corner 3).

He constantly lets the opposing team score 15+ points on us before calling a timeout to stop their run.

He never holds our guys accountable for their lack of defense and rebounding.

He has no basketball smarts to counter the strategic moves of opposing coaches. (Example: Indiana destroyed our 2-3 zone with an "overload" offense and then 2 days later we came back and didn't change one thing about our defense and they whooped us again with the overload offense.) Pretty much every team in the league has been overloading our zone and destroying us from the perimeter. Below is a video*** and you will see how easy it is for team's to score on us. Stop the clip at 35 seconds in and you'll see all the spots in blue where opposing teams kill us.

He makes excuses after every loss that make absolutely no sense. If he doesn't see that there is a problem with his offense/defense, how the hell is he supposed to fix it? Also, is he smart enough to fix it? Probably not.

I can go on all day. Please feel free to add to our already long list.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mfZzmPDbrd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by KingofNy; Mar 26, 2011 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Any team with Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire that doesnt make the playoffs is ****in pathetic. We're already pathetic, lets not reach a new low

As long as Amare's no defense playin soft ass keeps co-signing Antoni then i dont think it would make a difference if the Knicks did miss the playoffs this year. Antoni will be back next year one way or another

I bet you he won't be if we miss the playoffs. IMO that's probably our only chance to rid ourselves of that fool and save ourselves the burden of losing during the SHORT period of time where we actually HAVE superstars. No one's going to want to pay 50% more for their tickets to go watch superstars lose. And...If we keep Dumbtoni we'll be a one and done team next year as well...Mark my words.

I'm still trying to figure out where every1 got the idea that if we missed the playoffs this year D'antoni is automatically gone.

Either way I hope to make the playoffs and learn from it. Then get ready for next season.

I think a lot of New Yorkers (or wherever you're from) got so excited about Melo coming over that they forgot that this team is what most teams look like in training camp and preseason. Those games were ugly and sloppy as hell. But that's what preseason is for.

Look at it this way. It's like this season went on as usual but there was no New York Knicks team till after the all star break. These guys are starting from square one while other teams are in full playoff push.

From the moment we got Melo I wasn't expecting an overnight success and neither was anyone who knows how the NBA works. It's not like your little experiences playing in High School or College ball. I'm sure if some of us sat in on a practice or film session our heads would be spinning. It takes time. It's almost like cramming for a final.

Now to D'antoni... Do I believe he can win a ring? I'm just not sure but I know that he has been given a lot shots that most coaches don't have to deal with... like changing of an entire roster halfway through the season. But if we get off to a rough start next season and we see these same bad habits then we can start marching with pitch forks and burning torches to MSG.

I also want to say that this team will be better defensively next year then this one just for the fact that all the players will be more familiar with each other. If you've played on a basketball team before then you know how your teammates play and can almost guess before it happens when they will be beat or who doesn't need help. A lot of time when we see other teams get wide open shots its cause of confusion on switching which happens because of teammates reading each other wrong.

I dont know if I made any sense but if you skipped all of that then just take this away. Patience.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I'm still trying to figure out where every1 got the idea that if we missed the playoffs this year D'antoni is automatically gone.

Either way I hope to make the playoffs and learn from it. Then get ready for next season.

I think a lot of New Yorkers (or wherever you're from) got so excited about Melo coming over that they forgot that this team is what most teams look like in training camp and preseason. Those games were ugly and sloppy as hell. But that's what preseason is for.

Look at it this way. It's like this season went on as usual but there was no New York Knicks team till after the all star break. These guys are starting from square one while other teams are in full playoff push.

From the moment we got Melo I wasn't expecting an overnight success and neither was anyone who knows how the NBA works. It's not like your little experiences playing in High School or College ball. I'm sure if some of us sat in on a practice or film session our heads would be spinning. It takes time. It's almost like cramming for a final.

Now to D'antoni... Do I believe he can win a ring? I'm just not sure but I know that he has been given a lot shots that most coaches don't have to deal with... like changing of an entire roster halfway through the season. But if we get off to a rough start next season and we see these same bad habits then we can start marching with pitch forks and burning torches to MSG.

I also want to say that this team will be better defensively next year then this one just for the fact that all the players will be more familiar with each other. If you've played on a basketball team before then you know how your teammates play and can almost guess before it happens when they will be beat or who doesn't need help. A lot of time when we see other teams get wide open shots its cause of confusion on switching which happens because of teammates reading each other wrong.

I dont know if I made any sense but if you skipped all of that then just take this away. Patience.
    You made alot of sense. Good post.