DFDH MUST read, IS all THE NEGATIVE, REALLY a positive ?

I remember sitting in my high school guidance counselors office when I was around 15 years old, and I saw this poster by micheal jordan, listing all of the times that he failed, missed winning shots, turned the ball over, lost games etc.
and he concluded that all of the failure was why he succeeds.

You have stubborn stars, veterans used to winning, and used to playing and winning and coaching their own way

I wonder if all of the losses is similar to breaking in a wild horse, you have to break habits, and fall of the saddle a bunch of times before you finally take a second to breathe, step back and say to yourself "I HAVE TO CHANGE"

you know dantoni knows he has to change

you know amare knows he has to change

you know melo knows he has to change

you know the role players on this team have to eventually realize there role is to play defense and do the dirty work

and you know billups has to realize he cant shoot three pointers 3 seconds into the shot clock from 28 feet out.

As veterans, professionals, and competitive winners , we have the make up of a team that has been to the finals, conference finals, won finals mvps, won olympic gold medals, coached olympic teams , won coach of the year awards, and are obviously frustrated by what has been going on.

I recognize the flaws in their habits, but I also recognize that sometimes it takes bumps and scars to learn what it takes to heal.

I firmly believe tonight is the start of that healing process, I dont know why I just feel it

lend me your opinions, rip my thread if you want to, but Its something i feel.

:gony:

LETS GO KNICKS For godsakes

Im rooting for a turn around.

Great thread man. No need to rip anything about it. Nothing about it to rip.

I'm not sure if we get on track tonight or not, but like I've been saying around here...

You must learn to lose as a team; before you know how to win as one.

What doesn't kill you; usually only makes you stronger in life. Thats how powerful the human mind can be.

Sometimes you never know what you have in a boxer until he goes down for the 1st time (Tyson). Does he stay down? or does he have that type of heart & fight to get up before the 10 count like Rocky? Champion.

In my eyes: D'Antoni is a very good coach. Melo & Amare are both great NBA players. Once these 3 get on the same page this team will be 10x tougher because of these hard times & thats why you consider it a learning curve.

Every new team goes & fights against the hump; just to get over that learning curve. Then it's usually success from there.

This Knicks team is not a "team", we're nothing more than a team thats trying to learn how to become a better team.

la2ny

Starter
Were going to have to wait another night, but I just have this feeling if we can get this one win to end this streak and get the monkey off everyones back, we will look like a whole different team. Right now it is becoming mental to them.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I agree. All of the losing and the associated growing pains is ultimately benefiting the team, as they figure what ISN'T working am. I firmly believe they'll start to solve the riddle on how to win together very soon. There's just too much talent on the team for us to keep losing like this.

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree. All of the losing and the associated growing pains is ultimately benefiting the team, as they figure what ISN'T working am. I firmly believe they'll start to solve the riddle on how to win together very soon. There's just too much talent on the team for us to keep losing like this.

Our pt differential has actually stayed the same, too, even improved...so....

On top of the obvious superior array of premium talent,

We clearly are spitting the bit big time in cohesion, closing out games, basic stuff. Easy stuff.

Important stuff.

Fixable stuff