The Official Hire Van Gundy Thread

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Real Knick fans knew when both Walsh & D'Antoni accepted this job that A) No GM or Coach could ever win during the 1st two years due to the cap hell rosters of the horrible Thomas era. MDA & Walsh were both forced to scrap roster(s) & turn over entire team(s). Not one NY fan expected anything better than a 6th seed @ best heading into this season. MDA had us in great position to strike for the 5th seed & maybe even the 4th seed heading into the break... Then the trade happened, the roster got depleated on MDA (yet again) & we've yet to have the practice time to gel. Any true Knicks fan knew for the past 3 years that we wouldn't & couldn't become serious contenders until improving the team this offseason. MDA accepted this job knowing we're in rebuilding mode for 3 full years.

QVG doesn't deserve to coach this Knicks team...ever. The little quitter SEEN rebuilding mode was right around the corner, quit & left our franchise & us fans in the dark for 10+ years. How quickly you all forget. Simply pathetic

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Seriously man, why don't you actually try to debate points that people make instead of just recycling the same old material over and over and over in every post and every thread, its so boring to debate with someone who doesn't even try to respond to the points being made...

Because he is giving the historical facts as to why the state of the Knicks is what it is. This should be shouted from the mountain tops!!!! The plan ALL ALONG was to spend 2-3 years dumping salaries and getting to the point where the can rebuild. The STAT ad Melo pieces are the first step. You guys want now and MDA and Walsh want 5 years of high level basketball. If now was the goal they could of Kept Randolph and made just 1 or 2 moves to solidify that roster...

smokes

Huge Member
Because he is giving the historical facts as to why the state of the Knicks is what it is. This should be shouted from the mountain tops!!!! The plan ALL ALONG was to spend 2-3 years dumping salaries and getting to the point where the can rebuild. The STAT ad Melo pieces are the first step. You guys want now and MDA and Walsh want 5 years of high level basketball. If now was the goal they could of Kept Randolph and made just 1 or 2 moves to solidify that roster...

No one is expecting instant success from replacing MDA, we want him gone because we don't believe in his ability to bring NYK to the promised land.

I'm not even gonna debate about Knicksqueens posts the fact you think his posts are good puts you in a minority of 1 on this forum... It's one thing debating with you because you make good points and you respond to people's points. Just spouting the history of MDA on repeat does not a quality post make.

Riley/JVG always had top 5 D's & failed to win us a ring.

So yeah, I'm willing to give MDA a fair chance to see if he can turn a playoff team into a serious contender (without the roster(s) & situation(s) he's been forced to deal with for 3 years.

This is not the finished product or final roster that Walsh will send onto the court as serious Eastern Conf Contenders next year.

We're on the verge of gaining the much needed playoff experience to become contenders next season.

I'm willing to give MDA his 1st offseason (this year) to turn a playoff team into a serious contender with the help of Walsh. Something they've waited 3 years to do.

Sad how your talking about a coach "not leading us to the promise land"; when a coach hasn't led us to the promise land since 72, which means, unless "Phil" is coach; you wouldn't be thankful until coach x, y or z actually "led us to the promise land".

We're still in rebuilding mode, & that won't chance until the offseason. Blame I.Thomas for NY's 2-3 years of losin.

Lets not talk about anyone "spouting MDA's history on repeat" either.

I'm not the one who says he'll "never lead us to the promise land".

And why does one say such a thing? Oh yeah, thats right... Because you base his history of defensive struggles of PHX as a way to "claim" that A) He'll never lead the Knicks to a top 10 defense & B) repeat on repeat mode that he'll "never win us a ring" all because he never did with PHX.

Still wanna talk about spouting the history of another coach on repeat? JFYI: Way before I joined this site, NYKnick fans were spouting his PHX history on repeat for years before I even joined. Just so you know; ya know.

Me? I simply make it known that the ONLY reason why MDA is our coach, is because Walsh loved the type of success that PHX enjoyed under Walsh during the extremely tough years of the Western Conf. Thats the truth. I also judge MDA on his situation here with the Knicks where not only MDA, but no other NBA coach had a chance to win during the 1st two years. Grow up.

smokes

Huge Member
Lets not talk about anyone "spouting MDA's history on repeat" either.

I'm not the one who says he'll "never lead us to the promise land".

And why does one say such a thing? Oh yeah, thats right... Because you base his history of defensive struggles of PHX as a way to "claim" that A) He'll never lead the Knicks to a top 10 defense & B) repeat on repeat mode that he'll "never win us a ring" all because he never did with PHX.

Still wanna talk about spouting the history of another coach on repeat? JFYI: Way before I joined this site, NYKnick fans were spouting his PHX history on repeat for years before I even joined. Just so you know; ya know.

Me? I simply make it known that the ONLY reason why MDA is our coach, is because Walsh loved the type of success that PHX enjoyed under Walsh during the extremely tough years of the Western Conf. Thats the truth. I also judge MDA on his situation here with the Knicks where not only MDA, but no other NBA coach had a chance to win during the 1st two years. Grow up.

You should try using the quote function instead of making your own. "Never reach the promised land" and "I don't believe he has what it takes" are 2 very different things.

Point is KnicksFan half of your posts on this forum say exactly the same thing as another one, like literally may as well be a copy paste.

I appreciate that you actually tried to counter what I said yet instead of actually replying to me you are replying to imaginary things these "MDA haters" have said and not actually what I said.

If you actually read my posts you'd realise I have said over and over and over I know MDA is a successful, talented coach I just don't like him as a fit for NY. What is that based on? His history and record with PHX and NY of not having great defensive teams. I have no hate for MDA and have no qualms about his coaching of the team from 2008-10 (apart from his lack of fundamental knowledge about fouling down the stretch). I also appreciate he has had some success with us this year, it's not been all bad under MDA.

I know the rebuilding process is not complete and part of that rebuilding IMO should include bringing in a coach who can get us playing top 15 defense.

Do you remember MDA saying he wanted the Knicks to be a top 10 defensive team this year? And we are what like 28th? Bottom line MDA does not get the job done on the defensive end, not this year, not last year, not any of his years in PHX. If he changes, great. If not, I hope we make a change, coach-wise.

I'll try my hardest but when posting from a cell phone @ times, the forumn set-up only allows a certain ammount of letters (or maybe it's just my cell phone) but yeah I run out of space to say what I need to say with one post (sometimes) lol sorry Rady but I'll try to improve & cram everything into one post if able to.

Again ppl dont have a proplem with pringles offense i personally think its the best in the biz but most ppl just want balance didnt say the knicks have to be a defensive juggernaut; they t have to be two extremes either but just meet in the middle where championships can be won If MDA can put his ego aside and get the assistant coach who would instill defensive toughness fine i doubt that he does i would rather have a coach that has balance on both ends of the court

knicksin60

Starter
It should of been the chant to start the season. It should be the norm now. What ever happened to Knicks Fan From Queens? That guy was a moron as proven by his posts above.

He was really a troll from another forum who was banned for spamming the board with ridiculous threads.