New York Giants Talk

Great performance by the Giants.

I think Green Bay was rusty after weeks of no competition (the Kansas City game was basically the last competitive game they've played in before yesterday).

They dropped passes they normally catch, fumbled the football when they normally don't, looked fazed when they normally don't.

But still, it was the Giants' swagger and pressure that contributed to that more than anything else, although the rustyness was a big negative factor imo!

Eli is playing great for months now, the trio of receivers is on top of their game, we don't need to talk about the defense......they've been massive this season.

As funny as it might sound, I think San Fran is the harder game for the Giants, now they're no longer underdogs after beating the reigning champs on their home turf and San Fran has a much better defense than Green Bay.

Even if the the Giants beat the Niners, who stops Gronkowski?
And what about the Giants running game? Apart from the epic **** up by the Green Bay defense seconds before halftime, when Bradshaw had a good run and the late touchdown by Jacobs, the Giants running game was underwhelming again.

Pretending both make it to the Super Bowl, I think New England are too strong for the G-Men. But I hope the Ravens make it anyway, can't see it though with Joe Flacco, but a Ravens - Giants Super Bowl would be a dream come true!

Refs definitely tried to wreck us in this game. Glad we overcame it. Eli continues to prove he is an Elite QB. So glad we got San Fran next instead of the Saints. We match up much better with the 9ers. 2 down... 2 more to go LEGO!

fender0577

Rotation player
Refs definitely tried to wreck us in this game. Glad we overcame it. Eli continues to prove he is an Elite QB. So glad we got San Fran next instead of the Saints. We match up much better with the 9ers. 2 down... 2 more to go LEGO!

Your 100% correct, they killed use in that 1st meeting with the packers, but that's history, i'm loving our chances to get to and win the whole **cking thing.This is a beautiful time to be a Giants fan at least.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gametime!

Time to expose these fools.

Doesn't look like they will be able to legitimately score on us. Hopefully, refs and weather don't create bullshit and flukes.

Time to take care of business.

LeFlume

All Star
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl here we come...:peace:

Tom Brady, BB, Wes Welker. Paul Pierce. David Ortiz. Red Sox Nation....F YOU ALL...We're gonna kick your ass..

I hate New England, absolutely hate them!

I was ****ing sad when the Ravens missed that 31 yard field goal....I mean 31 yards!!!!! Should be able to get it on target in the NFL.

The Patriots are lucky bastards, the didn't deserve the win yesterday.

I hope the G-Men get the W in February!

The secondary needs to be in top condition to handle those ****ing tight ends Hernandez and Gronkowski....I hope JPP can get a sack on Brady.

Eli has the ability to pick this New England defense apart, they're pretty bad against the pass.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I was ****ing sad when the Ravens missed that 31 yard field goal....I mean 31 yards!!!!! Should be able to get it on target in the NFL.
Despite being from Baltimore, the Ravens are what NFL teams should be -- tough on defense. The Patriots got a few lucky calls their way, Harbaugh was being a bit meek to start, but in the end, their efficient running game kept the Patriots in the game despite Brady getting shut down by Reed and Lewis.

While I hope the G-Men continue their streak of improbable wins (seriously -- over GB and SF who I saw were the West-Coast version of a healthy G-Men team), I think this is where the Cinderella story ends. A chunk of Giants are injured, recovering, or just plain beat up after SF. The Pats are healthy. They are big. They have the ability to run THROUGH the Giants if Brady doesn't opt to put the ball in the air. Now, if the Giants were fully HEALTHY, they'd curb-stomp the Pats. They aren't.

Eli... I don't care if he has 4th quarter magic. I hate "4th quarter magic". This is why I like, but don't respect, "Tebow Time." I wanna see at least 45 minutes of ass-kicking because these are the worst defenses in league EVER. If Big Blue doesn't run up the score, you know by hook or by crook Belichick and Brady will. If we are looking forward for a crazy-Tyree catch or a Plaxico Burress power-through, then the Giants are as good as done.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Eli will have a FIELD DAY on that weak Pats d.. mark my words

+1

I don't wanna sound overly confident...but barring an implosion of turnovers and bullshit, I don't see how we don't score almost at will the entire game vs the Pats.

Plus, Brady can say he guarantees better play, but he has still been playing like shit recently, his best target is going to be playing injured, and no team has been able to contend with the Giants' pass rush and ability to create turnovers since we've been healthy on D.

I don't expect to run over the Pats, but I see us controlling this game and closing out these Bostonian punks en route to another championship for Eli and Coughlin, off the scalps of Brady and Belichick, once again.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I don't wanna sound overly confident...but barring an implosion of turnovers and bullshit, I don't see how we don't score almost at will the entire game vs the Pats.

Scoring isn't what I'm worried about, it's the being out-scored part. Neither team looks that great on defense this year anyway. (Brady's best target is going to be injured? He has a *best* target on that team?)

I'd wager a rep-point that -- win or lose -- the Pats will be leading at the end of at least two quarters. They should have lost that Raven's game, but didn't. Even at their crappiest, they managed a win; that's something to to be wary about. I don't wanna get to comfortable in Indy just yet.

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOO Baby!

It's GIANTS- Time!

We're comin for ya Tom Terrific!

Pass Rush, Pass Rush watcha gonna do? watcha gonna do when we come for you?

Pass Rush, Pass Rush watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when we come for you?

:crossfingers:

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Well.

Damn.

DAY-um.

I thought the G-men started too aggressively, didn't start the 4th quick enough, didn't rush Brady enough... and then they eat away at eeat away eat away eat away, just swallow Brady up like chum, and then stop that 4th & 16. Nice use of a challenge flag.

I expected this to be more one-sided (one way or another), but MAN this was a nail-biter all the way through! Congrats to Cruz, Coughlin, Fewell, Gilbride, and the entire organization to FIGHT through injuries and WIN against an arguably superior force (which makes the G-Men look just a little more superior).

th3realicon

Rotation player
258Gj.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Scoring isn't what I'm worried about, it's the being out-scored part. Neither team looks that great on defense this year anyway. (Brady's best target is going to be injured? He has a *best* target on that team?)

I'd wager a rep-point that -- win or lose -- the Pats will be leading at the end of at least two quarters. They should have lost that Raven's game, but didn't. Even at their crappiest, they managed a win; that's something to to be wary about. I don't wanna get to comfortable in Indy just yet.

Hah, srry dude, missed this post. I'd have def wagered ya :beer:

iSaYughh

Starter
Glorious day. Rangers smoke the Flyers, and then the Giants perform what can only be described as a sublime, epic, historic, legacy-defining, legacy-altering, cataclysmic victory of clenched-jaw, ball-to-the-wall proportions.

Had to rock out to this SB in Canada, but still repped Big Blue hard :smoking:

The zebras ****ing us with their stripes early, altering momentum and points before the half.

Brady smoking us to start the 3rd.

The giant D SHUTTING DOWN the Pats for the REST of the ENTIRE half.

The muffed game-sealing catches of Wes Welker.

Super Mario's Mushroom catch.

Bradshaw's TD tumble.

Sacking Brady.

The Hail Mary That Wasn't.

Too good for words. Can't wait to listen to the FAN and ESPN NY tomorrow. :peace:

Told Ya'll, the G-Men brought it to them.

Who else could have held New England to just 17 points in a decicive game? Only the Giants.

The offense played very well again, especially Eli and the fabolous 3 (Cruz, Nicks, Manningham), but the defense deserves a LOT of credit too, they played their hearts out!

Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul - I love you guys! (No homo)

They deserve $100 million way more than Stoudemire and Anthony imo.
Sorry, couldn't deny myself :thumbsup:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL, it was the first football game I've ever watched, great game as for an NFL noob, however commercials and clock stops were killing me, still can't figure out how is that possible that a 4 x 15 minutes game takes around 3.5 hour...