Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Giants Talk

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    I don't wanna sound overly confident...but barring an implosion of turnovers and bull****, I don't see how we don't score almost at will the entire game vs the Pats.
    Scoring isn't what I'm worried about, it's the being out-scored part. Neither team looks that great on defense this year anyway. (Brady's best target is going to be injured? He has a *best* target on that team?)

I'd wager a rep-point that -- win or lose -- the Pats will be leading at the end of at least two quarters. They should have lost that Raven's game, but didn't. Even at their crappiest, they managed a win; that's something to to be wary about. I don't wanna get to comfortable in Indy just yet.

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOO Baby!

It's GIANTS- Time!

We're comin for ya Tom Terrific!

Pass Rush, Pass Rush watcha gonna do? watcha gonna do when we come for you?

Pass Rush, Pass Rush watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when we come for you?

Well.

Damn.

DAY-um.

I thought the G-men started too aggressively, didn't start the 4th quick enough, didn't rush Brady enough... and then they eat away at eeat away eat away eat away, just swallow Brady up like chum, and then stop that 4th & 16. Nice use of a challenge flag.

I expected this to be more one-sided (one way or another), but MAN this was a nail-biter all the way through! Congrats to Cruz, Coughlin, Fewell, Gilbride, and the entire organization to FIGHT through injuries and WIN against an arguably superior force (which makes the G-Men look just a little more superior).

Beat New England - Again

4th Quarter Comeback - Again

Win Super Bowl - Again

Eli Manning Super Bowl MVP - Again

We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by pakopako
    Scoring isn't what I'm worried about, it's the being out-scored part. Neither team looks that great on defense this year anyway. (Brady's best target is going to be injured? He has a *best* target on that team?)

I'd wager a rep-point that -- win or lose -- the Pats will be leading at the end of at least two quarters. They should have lost that Raven's game, but didn't. Even at their crappiest, they managed a win; that's something to to be wary about. I don't wanna get to comfortable in Indy just yet.
    Hah, srry dude, missed this post. I'd have def wagered ya

Veteran

Glorious day. Rangers smoke the Flyers, and then the Giants perform what can only be described as a sublime, epic, historic, legacy-defining, legacy-altering, cataclysmic victory of clenched-jaw, ball-to-the-wall proportions.

Had to rock out to this SB in Canada, but still repped Big Blue hard :smoking:

The zebras ****ing us with their stripes early, altering momentum and points before the half.

Brady smoking us to start the 3rd.

The giant D SHUTTING DOWN the Pats for the REST of the ENTIRE half.

The muffed game-sealing catches of Wes Welker.

Super Mario's Mushroom catch.

Bradshaw's TD tumble.

Sacking Brady.

The Hail Mary That Wasn't.

Too good for words. Can't wait to listen to the FAN and ESPN NY tomorrow.

Told Ya'll, the G-Men brought it to them.

Who else could have held New England to just 17 points in a decicive game? Only the Giants.

The offense played very well again, especially Eli and the fabolous 3 (Cruz, Nicks, Manningham), but the defense deserves a LOT of credit too, they played their hearts out!

Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul - I love you guys! (No homo)

They deserve $100 million way more than Stoudemire and Anthony imo.
    Sorry, couldn't deny myself

LOL, it was the first football game I've ever watched, great game as for an NFL noob, however commercials and clock stops were killing me, still can't figure out how is that possible that a 4 x 15 minutes game takes around 3.5 hour...

Superstar

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    LOL, it was the first football game I've ever watched, great game as for an NFL noob, however commercials and clock stops were killing me, still can't figure out how is that possible that a 4 x 15 minutes game takes around 3.5 hour...
    They usually don't, but half time and 3 million dollar commercials will do that...GO G-MEM!!!!!

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Hah, srry dude, missed this post. I'd have def wagered ya
    Heh. Be glad you didn't or you would've lost. (Pats managed to lead at the end of 2nd & 3rd , just not at the end of 4th.)

Can someone tell me why just Eli gets the MVP award though? (I think I remember Ward and Roethlisberger celebrating together in SB40) Super Mario's Mushroom Miracle Catch aside (and some crucial Cruz control and hilarious carries by Bear Pascoe), I thought Tuck was a bigger deal -- he was everywhere (usually on top of Brady) including that nasty Safety at the start of the game. (Going over the numbers... hey, Tynes scored 1/3 of the G-men's points!)

On a funny note, Brady's arm candy was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Last edited by pakopako; Feb 06, 2012 at 18:00.

Originally Posted by pakopako
    Heh. Be glad you didn't or you would've lost. (Pats managed to lead at the end of 2nd & 3rd , just not at the end of 4th.)

Can someone tell me why just Eli gets the MVP award though? (I think I remember Ward and Roethlisberger celebrating together in SB40) Super Mario's Mushroom Miracle Catch aside (and some crucial Cruz control and hilarious carries by Bear Pascoe), I thought Tuck was a bigger deal -- he was everywhere (usually on top of Brady) including that nasty Safety at the start of the game. (Going over the numbers... hey, Tynes scored 1/3 of the G-men's points!)

On a funny note, Brady's arm candy was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    I love my giants... Ownership lays back and let's the football guys they hired like GM Jerry Reese head scout Marc Ross and those guys along with Coughlin run the show.... I wish Dolan woulda let Donnie run the show so he would still be here...

At least one of my franchises is doing business the right way... Giants are the classiest organization in pro sports

Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    Giants are the classiest organization in pro sports.
    LOL, maybe in pro sports in the US... but this is actually part of a bigger problem of egocentrism of America, like other sports than US sports don't exist or like being US champions means being world champions, which is just BS.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    LOL, maybe in pro sports in the US... but this is actually part of a bigger problem of egocentrism of America, like other sports than US sports don't exist or like being US champions means being world champions, which is just BS.
    they only play in the US, but its virtually every great football player from the world, which means far more than stamping a passport between games.