Magic @ Knicks: The Hangover

la2ny

Starter
I have a major headache right now so sorry bout thuis.

Magic @ Knicks

Music 4 2day

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP)?With the New York Knicks in a terrible late-season slump, Carmelo Anthony(notes) said Monday their game against the Orlando Magic was ?almost a must win for us.?
The Knicks have lost six straight, tying their worst skid of the season, and nine of 10 to fall to 35-38. New York has gone 7-12 since acquiring Anthony in February, including a loss to the Magic last Wednesday.

?We understand how important this game is for us,? Anthony said at the Knicks? training center. ?It?s almost a must win for us. That mentality, that?s something that I want to approach it, as a must-win game. We?ve been talking about that throughout the team.?
Told of Anthony?s must-win belief, coach Mike D?Antoni said: ?We?ve had a few of those lately, and we haven?t seemed to get one, so every game we go out is a must win. It?s a must play well.?
?We?ve been using those cliches and trying to do this and that, and it?s almost time to draw a line in the sand and let?s play as hard as we can play,? D?Antoni added.
Despite their slump, the Knicks are still seventh in the Eastern Conference with room to spare. Anthony said he wasn?t worried about a complete collapse, but D?Antoni and team president Donnie Walsh said the playoffs weren?t a guarantee.
The Knicks open a four-game homestand Monday. After the Magic, who have won all three meetings this season, New York hosts New Jersey, Cleveland and Toronto, all well below .500.
But the Knicks have been maddeningly poor against fellow losing teams, going 0-3 this season against the Cavaliers and losing twice to both Indiana and Milwaukee during the last 10 games. D?Antoni said it had been hard for the team to keep its confidence up ?because we?re losing all the time.?
?So the first thing you do is just play harder,? he said.
The Knicks also changed a routine.
New York held its first home morning shootaround of the season Monday. The Knicks usually have a walkthrough in the afternoon at Madison Square Garden, believing a morning trip to Westchester, then a drive into Manhattan, wasn?t the best use of their time. They practiced at their training center the morning of a game only one other time in the last two seasons, on the morning of Tracy McGrady?s(notes) debut last year.
But after a day off Sunday, they decided to get to the gym early.
?I think when you?re losing a lot, you change something,? Walsh said. ?So we?ll see if the change helps us.?

I reallhy feel if tonight is a win wwe will start to see this team get some mo going into the payoffs.:gony:

Great to see Carmelo stepping up as a future team leader; making it know this is a must win type of game. Win tonight, yes I know we've struggled against bad teams, but win tonight & we have a fighting chance of turning this season around while getting back to over .500. It all starts with a win tonight so credit to Carmelo for pushing things & trying to make them happen.

Also love the way D'Antoni is fighting for this team; without throwing them under the bus, kicking them when their down & overall.... Preaching the importance of effort. It's good to see a coach not quit on his players in tough situations like these. MDA is stressing to the media & team that A) Every game is a must win. B) Draw the line in the sand, enough is enough & play well. C) Play as hard as we can & most importantly... Making it known that the playoffs aren't a lock or guarantee yet.

Hope to see Amare get back on track & drop 30+ tonight. Who cares if you foul out Amare? Fight against Dwight with everything you have. Man Up!!!

I just wanna see Amare step up & at least try to defend a big name star like Dwight Howard. Amare is built just like a KG... There is no reason why he cant dominate the paint. Has nothing to do with any coach. He's an athletic freak of nature & if he gives it 100% of defense... The sky is the limit for Amare. I understand he doesn't wanna foul out but even if he does... We have Melo to lead the way for our offensive attack & thats the blessing about having two offensive stars. One plays with defensive effort, gets fouled out & it's back to the norm of one star.

Not expecting a win but would love one

NY17

Benchwarmer
I just wanna see Amare step up & at least try to defend a big name star like Dwight Howard. Amare is built just like a KG... There is no reason why he cant dominate the paint. Has nothing to do with any coach. He's an athletic freak of nature & if he gives it 100% of defense... The sky is the limit for Amare. I understand he doesn't wanna foul out but even if he does... We have Melo to lead the way for our offensive attack & thats the blessing about having two offensive stars. One plays with defensive effort, gets fouled out & it's back to the norm of one star.

No doubt Amare is capable of playing much better defense than he has, and can be at worst a solid defender with some effort...but he's not quite built like KG. Garnett is actually 7'1, he has grown since his first measurement and requested to not be listed higher than 7'0, for some reason he has a problem with that. He's also longer than Stoudemire. Just saying.. But that still doesn't mean Stoudemire can't become a great defender, like you mentioned the potential is there.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
to start the season this year we werent that great, it took a win over a good team and a bunch of road wins over some bad teams for them to come together. With games against nj, cle, and toronto maybe this can finally be just what the team needs. GO NYK

Yeah, I remember the previous Knicks team with Felton, Gallo, Chandler & then Mozgov were at one point 7 or 8 games above .500. Thats due to the fact that, even though Gallo was our only returning starter from last year, MDA & these players, as a team; still had an entire offseason of training camp, time to gel, 35+ practices to practice the x's & o's of the game + an entire preseason of not only gaining team chemistry but also plenty of preseason games to work together as a team. Even that team came out of the gates slow but once we started to click? Before the trade rumors? We were the hottest team in the Eastern Conf for over a month. Paul Pierce made it known & stated "This Knicks team will be there until the end".

Then the trade happened & out TEAM got depleted & we're now back to square one but only without an offseason to practice & improve as a team. & sucks but thats the harsh reality of the largest trade in NBA history that took place past the mid-way mark.

CoolClyde

tinyface vs superman

how will Knicks stack up against Superman?

Bony Tuffiaf and his 20 mpg?
Jared Girafferies and his floppy defense?
or will Sheldon "Tinyface" Williams get some run?

c'mon Tinyface!
tinyface.jpg

:peace::gony::smokin:

No need to bash or knock Turiaf when he adds to this team what every strong defensive team plays with; Defensive intensity. No one is saying that Turiaf is a star or even close to it, but then again... He's been forced to play out of position @ Center as a natural power foward. If Turiaf were simply backing up Amare @ the PF position... He's become the rebounder & shot blocker that Laker fans grew to fall in love with as a hustle player off the bench. Thats why I want Amare @ Center tonight (On defense) with Turiaf @ the PF position helping Amare double up on Howard.

If NY can hold Howard under 25 points & no more than 5 offensive rebounds we should win this game. Force Orlando to live or die from the 3 point line. When Dwight is off... They usually die from 20 3 point attempts per game. When Dwight is dominating.... Those 3's become momentum changers & game winners.

I also wanna see a lot more of Douglas on the much quicker Nelson when compared to Billups. Lets just hope the cheap knee of Dwight Howard doesn't hurt another PG's thigh tonight. What a cheap 'stick out' of the knee that was & I watched that play over 5 times.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
LOL at Tinyface!

And I agree that Amar'e needs to play with more defensive intensity even if it means fouling out. It's not like we will be left with a team of scrubs if he does foul out, he shouldn't be worrying about that. But how many times have we seen him literally step out of the way of someone driving to the basket? If any of you watched the Charlotte game on League Pass or live in that area and watched the local feed, the commentators were literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD on live TV about our paint defense. Then at the end of the game one of the commentators said about the NY fans in attendance, "hope they find their cars OK, and that all four tires are intact."

We're NY. We can't be having that kind of sh!t. We have to let mofos know that even if they beat us they're going to be feeling it the next morning. No more of this soft "I don't want to foul out" nonsense. It's not just Amar'e. When's the last time Jeffries, Turiaf, both Shawne and Shelden Williams or Amar'e fouled out of a game? No, they just watch little guards that are barely over 6'0 drive past them for easy-peasy layups.

We can't be having that kind of sh!t. No sir. Not in NY.

We'll see if he means it by playing with nothing but defensive effort for 4 quarters strong. Talk is cheap & actions speak louder than words, but when a player of Carmelo Anthony's star status states that it's must win time... I not only expect but am also confident we'll see Melo play with 100% heart & if so... Amare BETTER follow his lead & become the team leader he's been for NY all year but now? It's time to help lead us on DEFENSE!

Lets go NY... PLEASE allow this board & our fan base to enjoy just a LITTLE enjoyment after tonight's game. Thats what this place needs, some enjoyment & a little hope woukdn't hurt either.

Dude you're brutal. I know you wont answer this, but didnt you state in a different thread that MOA's defensive strategy allowed for players NOT TO GIVE 100% EFFORT?

Why would STAT give 100% effort tonight if its not required?

SMH...

Umm... Either your putting words in my mouth or your confusing me with another poster or just making up lies to make yourself feel better about life in general.

I never ONCE stated that MDA's defensive coaching allowed players to "not give 100% effort". Please find a quote or a link before believing your own lies bro.

It's sad that a supporter of a head coach can't even make a post asking for defensive intensity from our two superstars making about 40M combined..... Without getting attacked all because x supports the coach while y doesn't. It's became a hatred around here. Nice insight you added to the gameday thread though. Out of all the things you could have talked about, you went out of your way to try & correct another fan with story telling.