Magic @ Knicks: The Hangover

STAT1

Starter
A player like Howard relies on presence in the paint. He has no outside play whatsoever and is lucky he is playing at a time where no other Centers exist. I maintain my view that he is an average center playing in below average times.

He hit a nasty fadeaway shot over Stat & hit a nice bank off the backboard shot a-la Tim Duncan. His perimeter game has improved by leaps & bounds. He's no longer just a dunking machine. I think you're severely selling the guy short.

oshi

Benchwarmer
Come on guys... Funny how some people only enter the GDThread to complain or fault MDA. Have you not SEEN what type of energy Melo has played with tonight?!? And your faulting MDA for giving him a breather for the stretch run? Grow up.

I didn't mind a few minutes but usually he's on bench way too long, Fields doesn't play at all in the 4th, and they blow up and lose, so yeah I blame MDA, but right now this rotation looking good, I thought he was keeping Melo on the bench till the 5-6 minute mark, need him in now, this a pretty big game.

KingofNy

Starter
A player like Howard relies on presence in the paint. He has no outside play whatsoever and is lucky he is playing at a time where no other Centers exist. I maintain my view that he is an average center playing in below average times.

Ewing, Mutumbo, Robinson, and Shaq (6 years ago) would destroy him in the low post. It doesn't mean he's not a good Center though, definitely best in the league right now.

What happened to the CLUELESS fans harping ALL over MDA's every move on a night we're playing tough defense all because he was giving Melo a BREATHER for the stretch run of the 4th... After playing with 100% heart & energy tonight?

Some are honestly pathetic the way they look @ the game of basketball. It's a hatred & it floods every other thread including a good gameday thread

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
What happened to the CLUELESS fans harping ALL over MDA's every move on a night we're playing tough defense all because he was giving Melo a BREATHER for the stretch run of the 4th... After playing with 100% heart & energy tonight?

Some are honestly pathetic the way they look @ the game of basketball. It's a hatred & it floods every other thread including a good gameday thread

Will you shut up about MDA..

There's a Knicks game going on. You could... talk about the game maybe. Just a idea.

STAT1

Starter
Best game Melo's played without question, he's bringing it on both ends & carrying this team right now.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm happy that we're winning but honestly we are soooo lucky. Dumbtoni is being dumbtoni and running isolation all 4th quarter and we're not moving the ball around at all. Thank God Melo is hitting his shots or this one would be another loss. This is exactly why I hate our coach. Win or lose his coaching sucks.