Magic @ Knicks: The Hangover

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;171040 said:
Flicked off the telly. What'd he say?

Reporter: "Why don't you foul when you're 3 points up?"

Melo: "You'll have to ask coach about that one..."

And yeah his comment about throwing out the scheme and just playing hard is pretty damn telling too...

la2ny

Starter
Crazy⑧s;171040 said:
She asked about not fouling at the end of reg. and he said "you gotta ask coach bout that, I don't call that stuff. Im thankful for my teammates and the fans for being there for me" or something close to that lol.

STAT1

Starter
Crazy⑧s;171040 said:

Tina C asked him why they didn't foul J Rich & let him take the 3 & Melo said "That's coach, you gotta talk to coach about that. I'm just happy we got the win, my teammates & the crowd was great tonight."

smokes

Huge Member
Why would she ask him that question.. He said the right thing.

All he said was, "you gotta talk to coach about that". Nobody was called out..

The writing is on the wall. He is plainly saying MDA did not tell them to foul on the 3 which is what any coach with half a defensive brain will do in that situation.

Not like it's the first time MDA hasn't called for a foul in the final seconds either is it now hmm

KingofNy

Starter

Did you see his expression? He had nothing good to say about the coach... He immediately said his teammates played hard and the crowd was great...Nothing about his coach. You could tell from the smirk on his face he doesn't like him.

The Knicks croud was great tonight & it had nothing to do with a couple of fans ahah anything to turn on Antoni. The Knicks played with nothing but heard on defense under MDA tonight. What happened to the whole... "players quit on MDA" during the 6 game slide? The only one's who ever quit we some Knick fans.

After watching Melo D-Up with nothing but heart, hustle & defensive pride? I feel he's the most important piece to our defense as crazy as that sounds. If Melo plays D like this EVERY night; the entire team will feed of the pace our superstar sets!

Agree 100%.....people on this site always try to start sh*t

One thing though that Trautwig brought up in the post game.....Why was MDA bullsh*tting with those fans instead of coaching at the end?

smokes

Huge Member
The Knicks played with nothing but heard on defense under MDA tonight. What happened to the whole... "players quit on MDA" during the 6 game slide? The only one's who ever quit we some Knick fans.

They played nothing but hard nosed defense and it clearly had nothing to do with MDA if you watched Melo's postgame comments.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think MDA may have finally infected this new Knicks squad. Say what you want about the man but he for sure has a will of fire..

Get ready for some wins boys!

*edit* oh lord

It's happened again. MDA has us on the same page and beating the best his way..

I think we're bout to go on a little run.. Finish the season strong..

The haterz are gonna have to be quiet for a minute.

TakMan

Rotation player
Ewing, Mutumbo, Robinson, and Shaq (6 years ago) would destroy him in the low post. It doesn't mean he's not a good Center though, definitely best in the league right now.

Let's not forget our Nigerian friend Hakeem Olajuwon. Yes Howard hit a couple of shots from
(barely) outside the key, yes he dominates in the paint, yes he has consistently improved throughout the years, BUT; A player like him, and taking into account that he's currently in his prime and playing in a league without centers, is not showing me the same level of basketball talent and I.Q that I have seen from the centers mentioned above. His style of play is just too one dimensional for me.

As for the game. Great win and about time we beat them. We conceded fewer points in four and a half quarters than we usually concede in 4. Billups stepped up just in time, Shelden was good again defensively, Stoudamire and especially Anthony played for the team. One thing that's concerning me is Douglas' wide open shots.. He hasn't been the same since hitting those 9 three's recently.

KBlack25

Starter
I'm not going to say MDA did anything particularly, but someone on the coaching staff drew up and thought of some creative double teams to keep D12 as much in check as possible. D12 was lost, had no idea where the extra pressure was coming from, was rushing his shots. And Shelden Williams at the end of the game was nice.

la2ny

Starter
Oh god...Guys plz plz plz plz! I beg of you, don't turn this into a Antoni thread. OK??? PLZ!! Thank you!

smokes

Huge Member
It's happened again. MDA has us on the same page and beating the best his way..

I think we're bout to go on a little run.. Finish the season strong..

The haterz are gonna have to be quiet for a minute.

Honestly if you MDA lovers have so little intuition that you can't hear what's being said then I feel for you.

Your coach is gone at the end of this year, if he has lost the players (which is what's going to happen seeing as it seems he already lost Melo our frontman) then it's only a matter of time before he is outta here.

Melo makes James Dolan millions, MDA nothing by comparison. He's gone.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The writing is on the wall. He is plainly saying MDA did not tell them to foul on the 3 which is what any coach with half a defensive brain will do in that situation.

Not like it's the first time MDA hasn't called for a foul in the final seconds either is it now hmm

Did you see his expression? He had nothing good to say about the coach... He immediately said his teammates played hard and the crowd was great...Nothing about his coach. You could tell from the smirk on his face he doesn't like him.

You guys are reading too much into Melo's comments..

His reaction was more incredulous that Tina dumbass would ask him a question like that.

His gave this look like "I'm not about to get baited.."