And the Knicks break the 6 game slide; only to beat a top contending Orlando team

I'm just really thankfull & relieved this losing streak is a thing of the past. Was seriously start to question if we'd not even make the playoffs but win 3-4 more games.

Melo was our leader tonight. Amare did his thing too & drove the rock to the rim that much more. But my hat goes off to Carmelo tonight. Played like a true New Yorker & true Knick before the game was even under way. Made it known it's a must win & talk is cheap until you back it up with actions. Melo played with an intensity that was loving to watch & clap for. Bill Walker played his heart out to with his burn time. Credit to this whole team for never giving up. This team will head into the playoffs as a NY Media battle tested type of team that never quits. You gotta learn to lose as a team before you know how to win as one. Nelson or no Nelson, this Knicks team loses this game 1 month ago. Team defense impressed. Dwight Howard was CONTAINED... Improvements.

Now I feel stupid wtf happened? We were up 6 with 1:00 to go... Thats when I went outside to get my son from his friends up the road & on the way walking up the street was feeling good about that SHOULD have been a WIN. Bash awway & attack me 24/7 but can someone please tell me what happened & why we're in overtime right now?!?

I still have no clue what happened during the closing seconds of the 4th but damn as soon as I turned the game on I seen Melo leading & playing lights out during overtime... Doesn't change the fact that I was foolish for assuming a win especially after the years of watching what Reggie Miller did to us with a quick 8 or whatever it was but what a victory from the Knicks!

Overtime win against an established team? Lets all hope this was & becomes the game that leads us into the playoffs with momentum witch will later turn to playoff confidence if we finially start to get hot for our stretch run heading into the playoffs with hopefully a winning record & team! After that OT win? Now I'm seriously relieved.

STAT1

Starter
Now I feel stupid wtf happened? We were up 6 with 1:00 to go... Thats when I went outside to get my son from his friends up the road & on the way walking up the street was feeling good about that SHOULD have been a WIN. Bash awway & attack me 24/7 but can someone please tell me what happened & why we're in overtime right now?!?

Pretty much MDA decided not to foul when up 3 in the closing seconds & instead inserts his favorite "defensive stopper" Jared Jeffries to D up on Jason Richardson & he lets him take an uncontested 3 without so much as getting a hand up to contest. J Rich drains the shot in his face to tie the game & put it into OT. It's a good thing for Melo tonight cuz you'd be a busy man defending MDA after what happened in the closing seconds of regulation.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer

They just won, Arenas hit a big 3 to bring it within 3, and the J. Rich tied the game with another 3. Melo missed the last shot and the put back to take it into overtime. Then after that Dwight got fouled out, and picked up a tech. After that it was all knicks.

smokes

Huge Member
Pretty much MDA decided not to foul when up 3 in the closing seconds & instead inserts his favorite "defensive stopper" Jared Jeffries to D up on Jason Richardson & he lets him take an uncontested 3 without so much as getting a hand up to contest. J Rich drains the shot in his face to tie the game & put it into OT. It's a good thing for Melo tonight cuz you'd be a busy man defending MDA after what happened in the closing seconds of regulation.

Melo just called out MDA in the post game comments...

Reporter: "Why don't you foul when you're 3 points up?"

Melo: "You'll have to ask coach about that one..."

iSaYughh

Starter
Damn broheem.. 6pts with min to play... that shit is still up in the air!

Great win tho.

I say Melos smothering 1-1 D in overtime and transitional hustle was tremendous. And critical.

I wouldn't say he called him out. He's just saying the coach makes the call in that situation. Honestly I think it's better to take your chances with the 3 then foul in those situations. Tina should've asked him WHY THE **** DIDN'T JEFFRIES EVEN CONTEST RICHARDSON'S SHOT?

iSaYughh

Starter

He wasn't calling out him dude. Reporter asked, what's Melo going to say, seconds after a sick OT win? It's not his decision or logic either in those spots,

Don't know/ask coach.. normal.

Just looks fishy bc of the results of the play, and the question itself was loaded.

STAT1

Starter
I wouldn't say he called him out. He's just saying the coach makes the call in that situation. Honestly I think it's better to take your chances with the 3 then foul in those situations. Tina should've asked him WHY THE **** DIDN'T JEFFRIES EVEN CONTEST RICHARDSON'S SHOT?

I would ask him why the **** is Jeffries even on the team? This guy is supposed to bring defense but he's given up a dagger 3 to Baron Davis that won the game for the Cavs earlier this year on a similar play & tonight gives up a game tying 3 to J Rich.

Yeah I agree. Many of coaches are against giving a team a chance to hit the 1st free throw especially with the lack of rebounding we have... They could hit the 1st free throw & put in the easy tip back to tie it up. Plenty of things can go wrong by fouling in those types of situations & D'Antoni hasn't been the 1st & won't be the last coach to take the chances with team defense defensing the 3. I've seen Phil Jackson & plenty of Riley games where we refused to fould up 3 under 5-10 seconds left.

I seen the postgame interview & in no way shape or form did Melo call out the coach. Simply made it know he's not the coach. People read into things too much & attempt to make them larger than they ever were.

Before the game D'Antoni made it known that every game is now a must win & it's time to draw the line in the sand & improve. He demanded before the game that we play with 100% effort & thats exactly what the Knicks defense, under MDA did tonight... Played with effort. No matter the coach; it's all about heart.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Damn broheem.. 6pts with min to play... that shit is still up in the air!

Great win tho.

I say Melos smothering 1-1 D in overtime and transitional hustle was tremendous. And critical.

Concurred! It's the first night that I've really got behind him since the Miami win. Breen can't go unquoted here: "Why not every night?" - after Melo's rapey D on Richardson in the 4th as the shot clock dwindled.

It's a point.

Melo has got some serious D when the switch comes on.

A well earned BJ from La La tonight.

la2ny

Starter
Crazy⑧s;171081 said:
Concurred! It's the first night that I've really got behind him since the Miami win. Breen can't go unquoted here: "Why not every night?" - after Melo's rapey D on Richardson in the 4th as the shot clock dwindled.

It's a point.

Hell I'd lockdown LBJ for that lol

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You betta be glad we won this one. You can't delete a thread as far as I know..

Next time wait till the win is sealed.

STAT1

Starter
Crazy⑧s;171081 said:

It's a point.

That's a question that could be asked about plenty of players on this team including Amar'e. There aren't many Kobe's, D Wade's or Dwight Howard's in the NBA that can bring it on both ends consistently every night. What I do hope for is to see Melo bringing this level defense in the playoffs, that's when it will matter most. I saw him play that way vs. Kobe in the WCF, I'm gonna say he can do it again vs. Lebron or Pierce in the 1st round this year.

Maybe getting those bj's from La La is the secret, who knows. :thumbsup: