Wtf.....

Knicks Could Eventually Offer Carmelo Or Amar'e For Howard
Mar 28, 2011 6:22 PM EDT
Howard_Dwight_orl_091126.jpg
It wouldn?t be shocking at all if the New York Knicks make a play for Dwight Howard next season, perhaps offering either Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony at trade deadline.
Howard can become a free agent after the 11-12 season, and the Magic will be nervously waiting for the NBA?s most dominant big man to make a decision.
If they don?t want to wait and risk losing him without compensation, the Magic could listen to trade offers for Howard next season.

Via Brian Schmitz/Orlando Sentinel
Dwight Howard, Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, NBA, NBA Trade Rumor

It's probably a whole lotta nothing but I just wanna know where this rumor came from..

I'd hate to lose Amare for anyone, but if I had to decide between Amare of Melo for one of... If not the best defensive & overall Centers in the game today I trade Amare for Dwight Howard for plenty of reasons.

Melo is younger than Amare without knee injuries. Melo & Howard would work together better than Amare & Howard or even Amare & Melo. Dwight Howard could turn any defense into a top 10 defense & having a pure center & pure scorer in Melo could & would become deadly. Our rebounding would also improve.

Not many BIG's are better than Amare these days but Dwight Howard is the much better OVERALL player. I don't see it happening though.

smokes

Huge Member
Agreed.. If I had to I would choose Amare over Melo for Dwight.. I would hate to do it tho..

Yeah but you have to do it no question... Even Amare + Fields for Dwight you can't really turn that down because Dwight/Melo/Cp3 could possibly be the best 3 player combo ever to play in the NBA.

I don't think the Knicks would EVER be able to afford 3 MAX contracts in Melo, Howard & CP3 or even Melo, Amare & D-Will.

Especially after a new CBA will most likely cut some cap to make it even more impossible than it already is.

Miami had to move Beasley & all 3 of the superstars all took pay cuts to make it possible. Unless Amare, Melo & CP3 all accept 5M pay cuts per... It's not happening. Those guys would never agree to lose more than 3M per let alone 4 or 5. It's just never going to be possible after a new CBA & the MIA franchise isn't looking all that bright as of right now when looking @ their future under a new CBA. They could be ****ED next year because of 3 huge contracts.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't think the Knicks would EVER be able to afford 3 MAX contracts in Melo, Howard & CP3 or even Melo, Amare & D-Will.

Especially after a new CBA will most likely cut some cap to make it even more impossible than it already is.

Miami had to move Beasley & all 3 of the superstars all took pay cuts to make it possible. Unless Amare, Melo & CP3 all accept 5M pay cuts per... It's not happening. Those guys would never agree to lose more than 3M per let alone 4 or 5. It's just never going to be possible after a new CBA & the MIA franchise isn't looking all that bright as of right now when looking @ their future under a new CBA. They could be ****ED next year because of 3 huge contracts.

Well do you think David Stern is going to let his best franchises get screwed because of finances (LA/MIA/NY)?

LA also has cap hell Bryants contract hits 28 million in 2012 and Gasols hits 20 million... 48 million for 2 players. Miami's big 3 will be making 52 million in 2012.

Think how much money the NBA will lose having the potential best teams in the East/West respectively get screwed by some CBA.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
yeah why dont we trade amare, fields, walker and douglas for dwight while we are it, move from ny to vermont and change our name from knicks to chipmunks. I mean were already giving up the whole identity of our team why not everything else with it. I heard cp3 said he would only play for us if we went somewhere cold, because apparently we are willing to give up everything we have for an all star. next year out team would look like this

cp3
or
dwight
and melo

the rest of our team would fill with late round draft picks since we gave all our high picks away, and the rest would be players that no one wanted that we find in free agency.

next

our coach could be shaka smart because dolan loved how well he did in the final four tourney.
gm can be mike tyson because, well, why the hell not.

new stadium could be called" The Mountain" Worlds most infamous arena

and we could fathom the outrageous media or squirrels and bears up in the cold dark mountains.

Vermont 'Munks... love the sound of that

our logo would be a heartless squirrel after it got ran over by a tractor.
just as heartless as our team would be after we gut it yet again for another all star..

I would not consider MIA as a top NBA franchise either. Stern wanted LeBron in CHI or NY, so... If a new CBA ruins MIA & forces them to lose Bosh... So be it. You cant consider MIA a top NBA franchise, not when those fans of south beach have the worst fan base in FLorida which is telling, because if it's not college football... Florida has the worst fan bases in all of America due to the fact it's a melting pot state full of nothing but people from NY, CHI & Cali. It's seriously rare to meet a person born & raised in FLorida & when you do? It's usually a drunk hick who only follows Nascar (turn left).

LA/BOS/CHI/NY have to be the top 4 large market teams. CHI & NY are in good shape without a 3rd star. Both can have great futures. BOS dynasty will soon be over because of aging players. The Lakers? They seem to be screwed no matter a new CBA or not.

I just don't think Stern would allow 4 teams to have 3 superstars & 20+ other teams & fan bases have NO HOPE. Thats not good for his sport. Ask MLB...it's a joke.

I'd love to do that trade. STAT for Howard any day. Howard is probably the most dominant player in todays NBA. Similar to Shaq in his Orlando days.

Melo/HOward and some good role players = dynasty.

I don't know. I mean I Don't think Walsh would make this deal. It seems like an Isiah deal. I mean trading a superstar for a superstar? Amare would be the one I guess but what's stopping Miami from offering Chris Bosh? Bosh is younger and doesn't have a history of Injuries. If Orlando shopped Dwight Howard I believe they may actually be able to find a better trade then just Amare.

I mean I could see the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Hawks, Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Clips, Wizards, 76ers, Nets, Warriors, and The Rockets all making plays for him.

The Bulls would offer a package revolving around Noah or Boozer with draft picks and a few Young players.

The Hawks can offer a package around Al Hortford with Picks and Role players

The Nets can offer an Armada of Draft Picks, Brook Lopez and Aton of other Young players.

LA would Offer Bynum and Lamar.

The Rockets would offer our picks and there's and any of there young Talent that Orlando wants.

The Spurs would Offer Blair and Hill with picks or Duncan.

The Heat would offer Wade or Bosh.

The Celtics would offer KG, Big Baby or Jeff Green, and picks.

We would offer Amare.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I don't know. I mean I Don't think Walsh would make this deal. It seems like an Isiah deal. I mean trading a superstar for a superstar? Amare would be the one I guess but what's stopping Miami from offering Chris Bosh? Bosh is younger and doesn't have a history of Injuries. If Orlando shopped Dwight Howard I believe they may actually be able to find a better trade then just Amare.

I mean I could see the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Hawks, Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Clips, Wizards, 76ers, Nets, Warriors, and The Rockets all making plays for him.

The Bulls would offer a package revolving around Noah or Boozer with draft picks and a few Young players. No, they wouldn't break up the chemistry even for Howard.

The Hawks can offer a package around Al Hortford with Picks and Role players Amar'e > Horford

The Nets can offer an Armada of Draft Picks, Brook Lopez and Aton of other Young players. Maybe

LA would Offer Bynum and Lamar. This is the deal I think happens

The Rockets would offer our picks and there's and any of there young Talent that Orlando wants. Rockets are looking to build round that talent not trade it away.

The Spurs would Offer Blair and Hill with picks or Duncan. No chance Duncan doesn't end his career as a Spur

The Heat would offer Wade or Bosh. The Heat offer Wade? What are you smoking? Amar'e > Bosh

The Celtics would offer KG, Big Baby or Jeff Green, and picks. Still not enough.

We would offer Amare.

This is exactly why us taking Arenas and giving Orlando the expiring is the key.

This is exactly why us taking Arenas and giving Orlando the expiring is the key.
I think the Celtics are going to try REALLY hard to get him. If they can build around him and Rondo after the big 3 retire they will have a nice young core.

And the Rockets were thinking of trading young Talent to RENT Melo. They'd offer some for Howard in a heart beat.

Miami would trade Wade. They have a heartless cold gm and Hoeard fits better then Wade.

And any team in the NBA would want Dwight at all costs even if it means messing up there chemistry. All Star 24yo athletic freak rebounding, blocking, scoring, 5s aren't a dime a dozen.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I think the Celtics are going to try REALLY hard to get him. If they can build around him and Rondo after the big 3 retire they will have a nice young core.

And the Rockets were thinking of trading young Talent to RENT Melo. They'd offer some for Howard in a heart beat.

Miami would trade Wade. They have a heartless cold gm and Hoeard fits better then Wade.

And any team in the NBA would want Dwight at all costs even if it means messing up there chemistry. All Star 24yo athletic freak rebounding, blocking, scoring, 5s aren't a dime a dozen.

There's no way that the Heat give up Wade, he's untouchable. If they gave him up they may as well give up LeBron because that's the only reason LeBron chose Miami.

The Rockets know they wouldn't have enough young talent to offer, so they wouldn't bother and even if they did it would be turned down as without a star the Magic will die on their ass and they know it. They can't be like the Cavs.

What kind of deal do the Celtics give ?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
yeah why dont we trade amare, fields, walker and douglas for dwight while we are it, move from ny to vermont and change our name from knicks to chipmunks. I mean were already giving up the whole identity of our team why not everything else with it. I heard cp3 said he would only play for us if we went somewhere cold, because apparently we are willing to give up everything we have for an all star. next year out team would look like this

cp3
or
dwight
and melo

the rest of our team would fill with late round draft picks since we gave all our high picks away, and the rest would be players that no one wanted that we find in free agency.

next

our coach could be shaka smart because dolan loved how well he did in the final four tourney.
gm can be mike tyson because, well, why the hell not.

new stadium could be called" The Mountain" Worlds most infamous arena

and we could fathom the outrageous media or squirrels and bears up in the cold dark mountains.

Vermont 'Munks... love the sound of that

our logo would be a heartless squirrel after it got ran over by a tractor.
just as heartless as our team would be after we gut it yet again for another all star..

I was going to post something similar to this. Plus 1 sir:agreed:

smokes

Huge Member
Are you serious?SMFH...

Of course. It's not like I WANT to get rid of Amare but if Dwight goes on the block it would be downright irresponsible of any GM in the league not to try and put together a package for him. He is the most dominant player at (arguably) the most important position on the court, and he's not just dominant he is miles ahead of anyone else that plays that position.

If trading for him means taking Arenas contract NO WAY NEVER!

And all those other teams people have suggested, remember he is becoming a free agent! Do you think Howard is going to agree to an extension in ATL or NJ? There are plenty teams who COULD make offers but the realistic ones are Chi/NY/LA.