Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STAT go see "The. Dream" this coming off season

Default STAT go see "The. Dream" this coming off season

Dwight Howard was a Good/Great player in the past but now you might have to rank him up there with the all time great centers. Working with Olajowon (sp?) has done wonders for his offensive game. He's not just put backs and alley oops anymore. He's patient down in the paint and he passes well out of the paint. Imagine if we could get STAT to get some of that dream shake love.

Just a thought...

Olajuwon? Isn't Ewing the one that's been working with Dwight on his offensive game?

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Olajuwon? Isn't Ewing the one that's been working with Dwight on his offensive game?
    Nah it's been well documented that Dwight went to see The Dream this past offseason.

Kind of a slap in the face to Ewing if you ask me.. Can't say it hasn't been effective tho.

Amare should absolutely go see Hakeem. That's a no-brainer..

This past off season Howard worked with The Dream to enhance his low post moves. It has worked wonders. I love the way he passes the ball out then resets even closer to the basket...

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the correction. I agree this season Dwight's offensive game has taken a big step, his post game is so much more fluid than it's been in past years & he's developed a decent short range J as well.

Superstar

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the correction. I agree this season Dwight's offensive game has taken a big step, his post game is so much more fluid than it's been in past years & he's developed a decent short range J as well.

Dwight and Haekeem worked together for like 2 hours. I'm sure the dream is a good teacher, but there is no way he's that good. I think Ewing and Howard's work ethic deserve most of the credit.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Nah it's been well documented that Dwight went to see The Dream this past offseason.

Kind of a slap in the face to Ewing if you ask me.. Can't say it hasn't been effective tho.

Amare should absolutely go see Hakeem. That's a no-brainer..
    I don't think Amare needs much work on his offensive game. I'd much rather STAT went & hung out with Oakley or Dikembe this summer & worked on his interior defense.

Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    Dwight and Haekeem worked together for like 2 hours. I'm sure the dream is a good teacher, but there is no way he's that good. I think Ewing and Howard's work ethic deserve most of the credit.
    Dude, no .. He spent a days w Hakeem and learned alot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't think Amare needs much work on his offensive game. I'd much rather STAT went & hung out with Oakley or Dikembe this summer & worked on his interior defense.
    Can't argue w that.. Hakeem could teach plenty on interior D too though. He was great 2-way player.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Can't argue w that.. Hakeem could teach plenty on interior D too though. He was great 2-way player.
    True dat.

Looks like to me he worked out with him during the NBA finals. Whats that two weeks?

Dwight Howard Consults With Hakeem, Not Having Any Heat Talk

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

• [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | 8:09 am, August 3rd, 2010
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] talked to reporters yesterday – well, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Other topics (specifically the new-look [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]), he wasn’t as willing to discuss. But for Magic fans, something else he talked about might be a lot more important, anyway.
    First, his refusal to get into the Heat:
    Howard deflected almost every reference to the Heat at the start of his annual basketball camp Monday after telling reporters he wouldn’t discuss his Florida foes.
    “The Big Two is in Orlando: Stan and Patrick,” Howard said, chuckling, referring to Magic coach Stan Van Gundy and assistant Patrick Ewing. “I’m not talking about the Miami Heat.”
    We understand why he might be tired of hearing about the Heat, but also give the assembled reporters some credit for apparently trying everything they could. But here’s what they did get out of him that’s good news to anyone who cares about Howard as a player or the Magic: he’s been working out with legendary center Hakeem Olajuwon.
    …Howard’s biggest trip came when he worked out with Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon in Texas during the NBA finals. Olajuwon invited Howard to his home after they talked in the playoffs.
    Often criticized for a lack of post moves and a mid-range jumper, Howard said he made big strides through his workouts with Olajuwon, who also has helped Lakers star Kobe Bryant among other NBA players recently. Howard plans to spend another week with Olajuwon before next season begins.
    This is great news for Howard’s development if he’s made as big strides as he says, and the “spending another week” part is even better news. The fact that Kobe [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] says it all – namely, that this is a great guy to consult with.
    And it’s great to see Howard showing this kind of dedication to expanding his game, to being more than a physical specimen. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that Howard might be “too nice” to reach his potential, and Olajuwon seemed to echo those concerns:
    “Basically, what he was saying was I have to become a person that is not afraid to do anything on the floor,” Howard said. “He said right now there’s only certain parts of my game that I’m not afraid to do, but other parts I am. I have to be able to do all of those things, basically. That’s the biggest thing I took from him.
    “I just think he was watching and seeing me play for a while,” Howard added. “All the things we worked on, he was just wondering why I never used those things in a game. He saw all the things that I could do, and he was very impressed. He said that I cannot be afraid to do all these things.”
    If he really takes this to heart and asserts himself more on the court (i.e. take [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]), it could be very fun to watch. And either way, he deserves credit for making the effort – it has to warm the hearts of NBA fans to see a superstar hungry to get better.

Looks like the spent 3 days working together...

If Stat wanted to learn D why not. He shows flashes like tonight where you can see his size and athletic ability turn into defensive potential, but he can't seem to turn it on and off and it is a rarity.

These guys should be looking to improve their weak areas you know great players will work on their game long into their careers and Melo and Stat should be cleaning up some weaknesses.

And we all know what Stats glaring weakness is!

Originally Posted by smokes
    If Stat wanted to learn D why not. He shows flashes like tonight where you can see his size and athletic ability turn into defensive potential, but he can't seem to turn it on and off and it is a rarity.

These guys should be looking to improve their weak areas you know great players will work on their game long into their careers and Melo and Stat should be cleaning up some weaknesses.

And we all know what Stats glaring weakness is!
    Stat could be a great defender with his quick hands & feet and length combined with the right coaching... It's too bad he's had Antoni as his coach his whole career. Imagine if he started under a D guru? Sick.

Everybodys always talkin bout how Dwights improved offensively this year but i dont see it. Hes still turnover prone and clumsy, he might have got a little better but he could still be much better offensively

Hakeem is/was basically a better version of Pat Ewing, I would love for Amare to work with him. Amare has to do something this defense or else the knicks will never be a championship team unless we get Dwight Howard or Bynum to put at center