Knicks V Nets - Wed March 30

I'm way too proud of this team to call anyone out but I'm just calling it how I seen it. You don't believe me? Just go back & read the first 9 pages on this gameday thread. Yes, knee jerk recations but you'll see over 75% of fans quitting on the team during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & even 4th Q's after making a tough comeback. Credit to LJ for believing in this team during the half only down 10. Quick 3 & 2 is what LJ called for & a quick 5 is what we got.
Momentum changer.

For the 2nd consecutive game... Fans harped all of the coach for resting Melo for the clutch & stretch run of the 4th (after he played with nothing but hustle, intensity, effort & energy) & yet again, for the 2nd consecutive game... Melo was a key reason for us winning during the 4th. Even seen a fan screaming to bench Amare during the 4th when he's one of our 2 best players. 5 fouls or not... He won't get a chance to foul out without getting a chance to play.

The writing is on wall & these players "quit on MDA". Last 2 results say otherwise..

smokes

Huge Member
I'm way too proud of this team to call anyone out but I'm just calling it how I seen it. You don't believe me? Just go back & read the first 9 pages on this gameday thread. Yes, knee jerk recations but you'll see over 75% of fans quitting on the team during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & even 4th Q's after making a tough comeback. Credit to LJ for believing in this team during the half only down 10. Quick 3 & 2 is what LJ called for & a quick 5 is what we got.
Momentum changer.

For the 2nd consecutive game... Fans harped all of the coach for resting Melo for the clutch & stretch run of the 4th (after he played with nothing but hustle, intensity, effort & energy) & yet again, for the 2nd consecutive game... Melo was a key reason for us winning during the 4th. Even seen a fan screaming to bench Amare during the 4th when he's one of our 2 best players. 5 fouls or not... He won't get a chance to foul out without getting a chance to play.

The writing is on wall & these players "quit on MDA". Last 2 results say otherwise..

Just on the topic of Amare most coaches would bench him until about 2 minutes left and bring him in for the final 2 then he has a much higher chance to be in the game during the final possessions...

But yeah I only caught the last 4 minutes of the game so didn't get much insight.

I look at it like this Smokes... With the way Melo was playing, with or without Amare I want the ball in the hands of Melo during the closing seconds you know. Under 5 mins, close game, in that situation? I want Amare on the court with 5 fouls because every second is extremely important. Rest Amare for 3 mins & by the time the last 2 mins come around; we're down by 6-8 points all because we left Amare on the bench because of foul trouble.

This is only one of the many the KEY blessings when having two of the NBA's top 10 talents on the same team. We don't have to play scared anymore. This is the most star power the Knicks have had since the days of Walt & Reed. Amare goes down with an injury or 6 fouls and the offense & ball then goes through Carmelo Anthony. If Melo goes down? It's vice versa just like before the trade. Amare goes off & breaks the Knicks all-time franchise record for most consecutive game with at least 30 points. Scary money doesn't make any money unless being smart about it.

Kiyaman

Legend
I look at it like this Smokes... With the way Melo was playing, with or without Amare I want the ball in the hands of Melo during the closing seconds you know. Under 5 mins, close game, in that situation? I want Amare on the court with 5 fouls because every second is extremely important. Rest Amare for 3 mins & by the time the last 2 mins come around; we're down by 6-8 points all because we left Amare on the bench because of foul trouble.

This is only one of the many the KEY blessings when having two of the NBA's top 10 talents on the same team. We don't have to play scared anymore. This is the most star power the Knicks have had since the days of Walt & Reed. Amare goes down with an injury or 6 fouls and the offense & ball then goes through Carmelo Anthony. If Melo goes down? It's vice versa just like before the trade. Amare goes off & breaks the Knicks all-time franchise record for most consecutive game with at least 30 points. Scary money doesn't make any money unless being smart about it.
:gony: Nice WIN

u need to chill (KFQ).... I was reading the game-thread while watching
the game. u did write a "Die-Hard Knick-Fan" post on members (quiting)
bailing-out when we were down by 15+ points. That was cool.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What u didnt write in the Game-Thread was:
We gotta stop shooting from outside and drive to the lane.
We are getting any shot we want if we drive the lane

On defense, do not fall under the screen. We have done it all year
and it doesn't work. Fight over the top. Its common sense and it's
about watching game film.
Morrow scored a season-high b/c we kept going under the screen
Dantoni is not a teacher!!!
:barf:
P.S. Outlaw Sucks! the Nets have to be crying over the 5 yr $35M
they gave him. Turk has never been a decent defender.
Melo scoring 50 points on those two defenders does not make Melo
the go to guy vs other teams defenders Pierce, Lebron, Granger, Deng,
and Joe Johnson.

:gony: Nice WIN

u need to chill (KFQ).... I was reading the game-thread while watching
the game. u did write a "Die-Hard Knick-Fan" post on members (quiting)
bailing-out when we were down by 15+ points. That was cool.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What u didnt write in the Game-Thread was:
We gotta stop shooting from outside and drive to the lane.
We are getting any shot we want if we drive the lane

On defense, do not fall under the screen. We have done it all year
and it doesn't work. Fight over the top. Its common sense and it's
about watching game film.
Morrow scored a season-high b/c we kept going under the screen
Dantoni is not a teacher!!!
:barf:
P.S. Outlaw Sucks! the Nets have to be crying over the 5 yr $35M
they gave him. Turk has never been a decent defender.
Melo scoring 50 points on those two defenders does not make Melo
the go to guy vs other teams defenders Pierce, Lebron, Granger, Deng,
and Joe Johnson.
Turk and Outlaw defended Melo great to be honest during those 2 games, Melo just showed the whole arsenal and got anything he wanted just because he's a great scorer.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
told you guys dont give up on chauncey, he took 3 bad shots but besides those he was lights out, believe me he can put up 30 a game since he is the best in the NBA at drawing fouls in different situations, when his 3 gets back on track melo wont have to put up 39 for us to win.

I much rather have 15 points and 8+ assists. Who needs 30 from your PG especially with Amare and Melo?

I'm not ready to give on Billups just yet. I think he will be valuable come playoff time. Sure some of his shots make me cuss at my tv uncontrollably... but he comes thru when it matters for the most part.