Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Nets - Wed March 30

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    STAT can't be referred to as a star if he doesn't box out players like Pedro. That's pathetic.
    And AGAIN! Picks up his 3rd!! GTFO if you're gonna play like a ****ing virgin.

They're on Pace to score llike 140 points

amare says he was never taught d... i believe him... most of his career he's been coached by dantoni.. and has been pretty terrible at rebounding... last year tho he was a little better under gentry...

Superstar

So, they've got around 17 second chance points and 11 offensive rebounds. Stoudamire is killing the team. What's the point of scoring 25 points every game if you're gonna concede 40 from your personal opponent. Anthony is the only one playing at the moment. I kind of feel bad for the choice he made to come and play for the Knicks. This team has the potential to emotionally drain him.

No Defence. Literally None.

We Get To The Rack At Will Offensively, Great.

But There's Nothing Happening Defensively. Where Is The Post Double Team? Nj Can't Hit All Day! They Can't Score Above 60 In 2 Consecutive Halves.

How Does Our Captain, Of All People, Just Allow Opponents To Make Him Look Like A Fool?

What Happened To The P&r, As Well?

This Is Embarrassing, Frustrating, Flabbergasting.

If We're One Of The Absolute Worst Defensive Teams In The League, Then Why, After 70+ Games Are We Still Sipping On The Same Poison?

Effort Is Effort, But Unless We Learn It Defensively, We'll Consistently Lose To Inconsistent Teams, Center Or No.

Superstar

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    amare says he was never taught d... i believe him... most of his career he's been coached by dantoni.. and has been pretty terrible at rebounding... last year tho he was a little better under gentry...
    That statement just doesn't make sense. He was playing basketball long before he joined Phoenix. Besides, if he's that concerned about his defensive abilities then he can hire someone over the summer to teach him a few things. It doesn't take a defensive genius to know how to box out. It was one of the 1st things I was taught as a child during basketball training.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    D'antoni runs a system that he helped to pioneer. He in NOT a head coach. Coaches teach, mentor, develop, and motivate players. They also mold to skill set they are given.

DWalsh has done all he can as a GM. We get solid players and he doghouses them with his short rotation.

I think this latest trade is a revelation. Its exposed his inability to do more than run a system, but coach. You can coach effort, its called motivation. When players don't buy in to your system, find another way to sell it. Having 2 superstars and losing to the likes of Indiana, Milwaukee, and Cleveland multiple times, is about coaching.

I hope Dolan and DWalsh see it as we have. I might expect a dip after the trade, but the team looks absolutely lost. During the game, they turn to their coach for leadership, and he looks lost too.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    That statement just doesn't make sense. He was playing basketball long before he joined Phoenix. Besides, if he's that concerned about his defensive abilities then he can hire someone over the summer to teach him a few things. It doesn't take a defensive genius to know how to box out. It was one of the 1st things I was taught as a child during basketball training.
    And same. It's just............

STAT came straight from High School, he wasn't able to learn many of the fundamentals on defense.Also having MDA as your coach for most of your career doesn't help either.

If the Knicks come out early with a basket then a 3 and cut it to 5, I think they can make a run and win it. I also think Melo is going to get a triple-double, and Toney Douglas is gonna do what Toney Douglas do.

Superstar

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    STAT came straight from High School, he wasn't able to learn many of the fundamentals on defense.Also having MDA as your coach for most of your career doesn't help either.
    Again even by high school you should know how to at least box out. Besides, If he's that frustrated at D'Antoni not ever having taught him these basic defensive plays, why the hell did he come to the Knicks?

The Rockets beat NJ last night via the fast break.

Why can't we do that? Because we don't defend the paint and don't rebound to potential. We don't allow ourselves opportunities to exploit our athleticism unless it's off an opponent's turnover.

Again even by high school you should know how to at least box out. Besides, If he's that frustrated at D'Antoni not ever having taught him these basic defensive plays, why the hell did he come to the Knicks?
    What do you expect when you have a coach that doesn't hold his star players accountable and just goes:

We should cut JJ and sign Kim kardasian immediately. With her *** she could box out like crazy and grab mad boards. She is actually humphries trainer for rebounding.

Money basically. When someone throws 100 mil at you you'd be foolish not to accept.. don't you agree?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    The Rockets beat NJ last night via the fast break.

Why can't we do that? Because we don't defend the paint and don't rebound to potential. We don't allow ourselves opportunities to exploit our athleticism unless it's off an opponent's turnover.
    We sure as hell don't defend the paint and that is always going to get your team killed!!!!