Who are the best vet. minimum players available next season?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If we do go that route, who?

Allen Iverson (probably would accept it since he wants to come back to the NBA period)

Tracy McGrady (maybe because we have a Playoff team and liked being a Knick, but wouldn't count on him signing a veteran min. Hopefully close to it if not)

Jerry Stackhouse (did well with the Bucks)

Rasheed Wallace (he's tough, would like a few minutes from him if we need that position filled. Don't know if he'd come back though)

Who else?

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Sheed probably saw his last days as an nba player. I wouldn't mind seeing tmac or ai coming as long as they don't screw up the locker room(Iverson).

Eddie House, Jamal Crawford, Troy Murphy, Shaq, Joey Pryzbilla, Kurt Thomas, Yao Ming, Mike Bibby, Zydrudas illguaskis, Grant Hill, Samuel Dalembert, and Reggie Evans.

Those are the best free agent cheap players.

smokes

Huge Member
Eddie House, Jamal Crawford, Troy Murphy, Shaq, Joey Pryzbilla, Kurt Thomas, Yao Ming, Mike Bibby, Zydrudas illguaskis, Grant Hill, Samuel Dalembert, and Reggie Evans.

I'd take Troy Murphy, Grant Hill and Dalembert in a heartbeat for this team.

How hasn't anyone mentioned Shane Battier in terms of a team that needs defensive talent & defensive ability.

Shane Battier is only 32 & could help contending teams compete for another 3 or so years. Excellent lock down peremeter defender still to this day. Would also show Fields (who's defensive potential goes through the roof) a thing or two about peremeter defense.

It's all about adding strong role players to the bench, players who understand their role & Battier is a championship player who would be an excellent 7th or 8th man off the bench.

Another option is Tayshaun Prince. The days of Prince getting paid big times numbers are now over & done with @ the age of 30. He won't get a lot more than a veterans Mid-Level contract & would maybe get 1 not even 2M more than Battier. Prince is another strong peremeter defender who could help any championship contending team off the bench.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How hasn't anyone mentioned Shane Battier in terms of a team that needs defensive talent & defensive ability.

Shane Battier is only 32 & could help contending teams compete for another 3 or so years. Excellent lock down peremeter defender still to this day. Would also show Fields (who's defensive potential goes through the roof) a thing or two about peremeter defense.

It's all about adding strong role players to the bench, players who understand their role & Battier is a championship player who would be an excellent 7th or 8th man off the bench.

Another option is Tayshaun Prince. The days of Prince getting paid big times numbers are now over & done with @ the age of 30. He won't get a lot more than a veterans Mid-Level contract & would maybe get 1 not even 2M more than Battier. Prince is another strong peremeter defender who could help any championship contending team off the bench.
I haven't seen much of him, but that Playoffs series when he was with the Rockets against the Lakers, and how they made him sound, even talking about him writing/drawing or whatever a game plan for Kobe, made me think this guy has got some serious defensive skills.

If so, I'd more than welcome him.

Prince? Love him. Very good all-around player who hasn't had many injuries in his career. Would like him to spend the rest of his career in Detroit though since they drafted him and won a championship there.

everything you heard about Battier during the playoffs were spot on true. If there were ever a coach playing on the floor as a player? It's Battier. Just the way he carries himself; it's different. Quiet player but real defensive & overall team leader. You'll even see Battier explode with emotion @ times in pressure situations. He's always been my favorite peremeter defender. Bowen most would say was better during his days but I've just always loved Battier's defensive mentality, as well as his ability to lock down opposing SF & 2G's on the peremeter, defensive leadership ability etc. Other than filling our 5 hole with a promising Center; this is the cheaper none big name FA I want most.

Pierce meet Battier. Wade good luck driving through or past a SF who plays defense like a Marine with Melo feeding off his defensive pressure against LeBron. Gilbert Arenas? No chance in hell getting open shots or open lookers off. D.Rose? Battier aint running from the MVP. The top of the key belongs to Battier. Intensity.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
everything you heard about Battier during the playoffs were spot on true. If there were ever a coach playing on the floor as a player? It's Battier. Just the way he carries himself; it's different. Quiet player but real defensive & overall team leader. You'll even see Battier explode with emotion @ times in pressure situations. He's always been my favorite peremeter defender. Bowen most would say was better during his days but I've just always loved Battier's defensive mentality, as well as his ability to lock down opposing SF & 2G's on the peremeter, defensive leadership ability etc. Other than filling our 5 hole with a promising Center; this is the cheaper none big name FA I want most.

Pierce meet Battier. Wade good luck driving through or past a SF who plays defense like a Marine with Melo feeding off his defensive pressure against LeBron. Gilbert Arenas? No chance in hell getting open shots or open lookers off. D.Rose? Battier aint running from the MVP. The top of the key belongs to Battier. Intensity.
You sold me.

TWO guys that you listed, that I'd be interested in are Crawford & Bibby.

I'd love a Dalembert type of BIG, but not when he'll be looking for a large contract. Other talented/expensive C's could be out there such as DeAndre, Chandler, Nene or maybe even M.Gasol.

I love the idea of JC as a spark off the bench as a potential 6th man of the year backing up Fields. He's the overall better scorer when compared to LF but A) Fields does other things & B) Scoring won't be a problem with Amare & Melo on the court but the bench is where we need some offensive fire power out of a 6th man like Crawford. He's another guy who would know his role as a piece off the bench looking to compete for a ring. He may look to become a starter with a decent contract though, because as long as Joe Johnson's with ATL Crawford isn't starting. So I won't get my hopes up for JC.

If we let Billups go to save 12M, Bibby would be a blessing backing up Douglas for cheap. Billups has been better longer but Bibby was RAW for a 3-5 year span.

If we an get a solid center and Battier we would be instant championship contenders.

TakMan

Rotation player
I'd love Baron Davis , but something tells me he's tied up at Cleveland. Team needs a proper PG and C desperately.

STAT1

Starter

The only guy on that list that I can imagine getting vet min is Eddie House or Kurt Thomas. Etan Thomas is probably a realistic option at the low level. Jeff Foster maybe?

TWO guys that you listed, that I'd be interested in are Crawford & Bibby.

I'd love a Dalembert type of BIG, but not when he'll be looking for a large contract. Other talented/expensive C's could be out there such as DeAndre, Chandler, Nene or maybe even M.Gasol.

I love the idea of JC as a spark off the bench as a potential 6th man of the year backing up Fields. He's the overall better scorer when compared to LF but A) Fields does other things & B) Scoring won't be a problem with Amare & Melo on the court but the bench is where we need some offensive fire power out of a 6th man like Crawford. He's another guy who would know his role as a piece off the bench looking to compete for a ring. He may look to become a starter with a decent contract though, because as long as Joe Johnson's with ATL Crawford isn't starting. So I won't get my hopes up for JC.

If we let Billups go to save 12M, Bibby would be a blessing backing up Douglas for cheap. Billups has been better longer but Bibby was RAW for a 3-5 year span.
Bibby is Ok I guess but I would rather draft a youn PG or try and trade for Rubio.

I think we should turn down Billups's option, Sign DeAndre Jordan or Gasol, and then try to trade our 1st round pick with someone for Rubio. Rubio would be like the Spanish Rondo on this team. Hes a Tough floor general.

Rubio
Fields
Melo
STAT
Gasol

i think if we got Gasol we could deff get Rubio to force a trade here. They are friends and former teammates.

I dont want rubio.

I would rather draft fredette or nolan smith at 15 than rubio

highlights and scouting says hes soft, and cant shoot, and his defense is terrible.