Who are the best vet. minimum players available next season?

KingCharles34

All Star
I wonder if Dantoni would play Hill at SG...hes still a very good defender and he can score. I like the idea of signing him

As a Jets fan (LT & Jason Taylor) I love the idea of VETS in Battier or Hill but what about both?!? How's this for a mock offseason?

Move Turiaf & our 1st during draft night & save 4M where we draft Faried around 12-14. Sign Faried for 1.5 which saves 2.5.

With that 2.5 in savings we sign Grant Hill.

We let Billups go, buy his contract out for 2M & save a little over 12M.

With that 12M in savings we upgrade our 5 hole with a productive Center in DeAndre for 9M. Or Nene for 7. Lets just say DeAndre for youth & potential.

With that 3M in savings we sign Battier.

With the little money we save from other bench players leaving as FA's we bring back Carter to backup TD & JJ for as cheap as possible.

Jordan
Hill
Battier
Faried

C: Jordan / JJ
PF: Amare / Faried
SF: Melo / Battier
SG: Fields / Hill
PG: TD23 / Carter

Eastern Conf & possible championship contenders? Just look @ our bench depth...

SF: Battier
SG: Hill
PF / C: Faried
C / PF: JJ
PG: Carter
SF / SG: Shawne
SG / SF: Walker

PG / 2G: Rautins

nyk_nyk

All Star
Which Bibby are you talking about?

The Bibby of 5-10 years ago... or the soon to be 33 year old who's only averaging 8 points & 3 assists per game this year? His NBA career is just about over. Nothing more than a solid backup these days. You know why he's a starter with MIA? By default. Not because of talent, but because of default.

TD23's career is just getting started.

With LeBron, Wade & Bosh? Dude should be putting up 8-10 assist's per game. He's not the same Bibby that he once was during his golden years with the Kings. That Bibby will never return.

Any Knicks fan who would seriously start a 33 year old Bibby over an up & coming Toney Douglas doesn't deserve insight. Toney Douglas is one hell of an athlete, an up & coming talent, adds tough defense to the PG position, he's on the verge of gaining the much needed playoff experience learning behind Billups, & will head into next year as a three year pro with two full years under his belt of learning MDA's offensive system.

Bibby over TD? No.

Doesn't matter, he's still the better PG right now plus he has one of the best 3pt % in the league. I guess your not familiar with Lebron and how he decreases the need for a real pg. Douglas is cool but he still has a long way to go in learning the pg position. His court vision is still pretty bad.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
All they need is a Center, a 6th man veteran, and then two solid picks in the draft. I think they should buy one of the Lakers 4 Second Round Picks. We seem to have a good relationship with them.

Centers:

Gasol
Deandre Jordan
Troy Murphy
Tyson Chandler
Earl Clark
Dalembert

I would take Dalembert, Tyson, Deandre or Gasol.

6th Man/Veteran Type:

Anthony Parker
Caron Butler
Jr Smith
Tayshuan Prince
Shane Battier
Grant Hill

Id take any of them but I like Prince back with Chauncey.

Draft Picks:
1st Rounders:

Either Morris Brother
Jimmer
Kemba
Kenneth Faried
Nolan Smith
Jonas Valenciaus (SP?)

2nd Rounder:
Josh Selby
Justin Brownlee
Kyle Singler
Scotty Hopson
Keith Benson

Id like ideally to get Kemba and Faried, but highly doubtful.

Rep me if ya feel me.

Bro, I'm all for adding Bibby as a cheap backup, but...

By the time next year rolls around, TD will be considered a 3rd year pro. He's coming into his own as we speak. He'll be coming off a season where he gained the much needed playoff experience inorder to take his game to the next level; & he's also on the verge of gaining that playoff experience behind a true playoff warrior in Billups.

Next year will be TD23's 3rd full offseason, training camp & preseason working with & under MDA's offensive system. He's also gaining experience with starters such as Fields, Melo & Amare right now. He's starting to GEL with this team & these players. Chemistry is everything for an NBA starting PG.

Those are only some examples on why TD starts over Bibby. Also, TD is the much greater talent/athlete as of right now. Bibby will be 33 man. NY needs defense more than anything; Bibby cant compete with TD on defense anymore. TD is stronger, quicker, tougher & faster. An aging PG won't improve our defense like an up & comer.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
As far as Bibby goes, if Billups is still here then obviously he's not gonna be offered most likely, but if Billups isn't, then I don't know who should start. I think TD is coming along enough that he should start over Bibby. I used to see Douglas jack up every shot possible, now he's sharing the ball a lot more. He's not great at assisting, but he's still in second year.

Also, his defense, so yeah.

Age is not a factor though. 33 aint old anymore. Look at Nash putting up MVP-type numbers at 37. Look at Hill moving like he's 31.

I haven't followed Bibby much so I don't know about his defense, but unless it's good, then I'd rather have Iverson and/or T-Mac (though I'm partially biased with that).

As far as Bibby goes, if Billups is still here then obviously he's not gonna be offered most likely, but if Billups isn't, then I don't know who should start. I think TD is coming along enough that he should start over Bibby. I used to see Douglas jack up every shot possible, now he's sharing the ball a lot more. He's not great at assisting, but he's still in second year.

Also, his defense, so yeah.

Age is not a factor though. 33 aint old anymore. Look at Nash putting up MVP-type numbers at 37. Look at Hill moving like he's 31.

I haven't followed Bibby much so I don't know about his defense, but unless it's good, then I'd rather have Iverson and/or T-Mac (though I'm partially biased with that).
I don't see why you guys would want Bibby, the last thing we need is a guy that ignores defense.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't see why you guys would want Bibby, the last thing we need is a guy that ignores defense.
I don't, was just talking about hypothetically.

I haven't been watching much of Bibby so I don't know how he's been doing offensively, but it doesn't sound like it has been that good.

Iverson and T-Mac still could get it done offensively (and steal the ball, deflect, etc.)

I'm fine with Anthony Carter being our back-up. I love his tempo and even Breen pointed it out.

Just finished watching Grant Hill mixes and am about to go to bed. I'd be so happy if we got Grant.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I don't, was just talking about hypothetically.

I haven't been watching much of Bibby so I don't know how he's been doing offensively, but it doesn't sound like it has been that good.

Iverson and T-Mac still could get it done offensively (and steal the ball, deflect, etc.)

I'm fine with Anthony Carter being our back-up. I love his tempo and even Breen pointed it out.

Just finished watching Grant Hill mixes and am about to go to bed. I'd be so happy if we got Grant.

Grant Hill is still a beast, and I think because of those early injuries in his career he has more time then most think.

He's like the ultimate professional too, plays D, hustles, midrange game is proper, and can guard 3 sometimes 4 positions.

Bibby can stay in miami for all i care, he hasnt played defense since arizona lol and his court vision was never that good as a PG

ZaZa Pachuila for a 2Yr 3million Contract he will hold down the C spot for 12-18min and adds the toughness you need in the playoffs. He went toe to toe with Garnett everytime they play the Celtics and is a good rebounder and enforcer the type of nasty player we need.

STAT1

Starter
ZaZa Pachuila for a 2Yr 3million Contract he will hold down the C spot for 12-18min and adds the toughness you need in the playoffs. He went toe to toe with Garnett everytime they play the Celtics and is a good rebounder and enforcer the type of nasty player we need.

Zaza is not a FA this summer, he's signed the next 2 seasons for $10M in ATL.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont like the ideas of bibby and tmac....bibby is old and washed up, he dont play defense and Id rather see Tdoug start then him. Tmac has had some nice games this year but hes also had alotta games where hes done nothin. AI might be a decent option but i expect the knicks to make a trade at the deadline next year anways, involving billups + Fields + others + draft pick(s) for CP3. Douglas is a good backup so the defensless AI and bibby wont be needed.

No way NY trades Fields.

Fields is the best rookie we've had in maybe 20+ years. Has the potential to become a great peremeter defender & has also shown flashes of greatness as an off the ball player. One of the best rebounding Guards in the game today. Amazingly high basketball IQ. Can shoot the jumper, step back & drain the 3, he's even shown ability to drive the rock & finish @ the rim. He's everything a championship contender dreams for due to the fact that he plays with a championship style of play. He doesn't need the ball in hand to impact the game, which is huge; considering the fact that we have two stars that demand the rock.

**** CP3 & another MAX contract. Cap hell with no ability to improve. Won't be able to sign TD23 once his pay day comes. Still NO Center. Kidding me? After TD leaves? Huge holes @ C, 2G, with the worst bench & depth in the NBA. Serious cap hell with no ability to improve & upgrade our holes.

Fields + Douglas + Talented Center + DEEP bench over CP3 all day. CP3 isn't MJ23...

Yes, Fields will become an all around all-star some day. I truly believe it. The kid plays with a championship style of play & even if he never gets selected & voted as an all-star... Wouldn't take away the fact that he's an all-star player. If he continues to develope like this? He may never become a superstar but he has all the potential in the world to become a promising young star for the Knicks.

In closing...

-Draft pick(s)
-Talented FA Center to become complete.
-Fields from here on out developing.
-TD23 after getting an extension.
-Deep bench that can contribute.

How could anyone trade all of that (our farm & future) for CP3? CP3 has yet to prove that he can stay healthy & yeah, he's an amazing PG but I still take Rose & D-Will over CP3 (because of previous related injuries). I would also say Rubio other than the fact that I've yet to see Rickey make an impact on an NBA level.

I want a real franchise. A real championship contender. A strong 8-9 man rotation that creates a deep team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yes, Fields will become an all around all-star some day. I truly believe it. The kid plays with a championship style of play & even if he never gets selected & voted as an all-star... Wouldn't take away the fact that he's an all-star player. If he continues to develope like this? He may never become a superstar but he has all the potential in the world to become a promising young star for the Knicks.

In closing...

-Draft pick(s)
-Talented FA Center to become complete.
-Fields from here on out developing.
-TD23 after getting an extension.
-Deep bench that can contribute.

How could anyone trade all of that (our farm & future) for CP3? CP3 has yet to prove that he can stay healthy & yeah, he's an amazing PG but I still take Rose & D-Will over CP3 (because of previous related injuries). I would also say Rubio other than the fact that I've yet to see Rickey make an impact on an NBA level.

I want a real franchise. A real championship contender. A strong 8-9 man rotation that creates a deep team.
Yup. The championship Knicks didn't win with just three superstars. Complete team and team play.