Wally World a Knick???

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think we need more depth in the center and power foward position. If we trade Kurt we need to get someone back that plays either position.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
I think we need more depth in the center and power foward position. If we trade Kurt we need to get someone back that plays either position.

I agree....I can't believe how many people think that Baker is the answer...he was great in Boston for two months...it would be a great story and great for him...but we can't count on him

starpula

Benchwarmer
Any chance for a three way trade to with Minnesota and Golden State to bring in Dampier? We trade KT and Shannon, GD gives up Dampier and Minnesota gives up Wally and something else.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer

Good point! I think we need to take it a bit further. We need a center or powerforward that can score, rebound and block shots or a center that can do that. The problem I have with acquiring Dampier is that he averaged 12 points (his highest total in seven years 4 as a starter) on a bad team while leading the league in rebounds. How many of those points came off put-packs leaving me to conclude that he has absolutely no offensive skills. ESPN has Dampier rated first :rolling: and Swift 2nd as top free agents. Swifts season averages are comparable to Dampiers with far less mpg. All of the teams who made the playoffs and had respectable outputs had multi-talent (one of those talents which must include scoring) big man.

Pistons: R. Wallace
Pacers: J. O'Neal
Nets: K. Martin
Heat: L. Odoms
Lakers: S. O'Neal
Spurs: Duncan
Mavericks: D. Nowitzki
T-Wolves: K. Garnett

Note that the two with the less physical big men wher ousted early. Miami, Dallas.

Have I made my case for Swift or what?

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
I just can't see Hubbie and Jerry giving up on Swift...the only way might be if they got Damp in a sign and trade; however, the Warriors would probably want Swift anyways

WiL8000

Rotation player
I would be happier if the Knicks got Swift as well. He is younger and will eventually surpass Dampier in skill. I'm not ready to count out Baker though. I'm in a wait and see period with Vin Baker. If he can play the way I think he can, then the Knicks are in a good place with their powerfowards. With the surgery he just had, Vin should play with alot more energy. He has a nice shot in the paint, and good rebounding capabilities. Ultimately he needs to be in good shape, and have the practice time needed to be on top of his game. I don't think he would be stupid enough to revert back to alcohol.