Knicks Team Doctor Recommended No Home Shootarounds

p0nder

Starter
Which makes me wonder, wouldn't it be better if they could just have a compound closer to home? why Westchester anyways? I'm not up to speed on the history of the training compound, but if they didn't have to hold the shoot arounds in CT then they wouldn't need to worry about the commute? This is on the assumption that the players live in NY, closer to Manhattan/MSG?

I'm guessing they can't shoot around MSG cause it's in use for so many different things, but couldn't they just, i dunno, build a court in some building nearby? Dolan is crazy rich, i can't imagine it would be all that difficult for him to get the real estate.

moneyg

Starter
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212730/Knicks_Team_Doctor_Recommended_No_Home_Shootarounds

There was some talk on the board that it was D'Antoni's decision, as it had been originally reported, not to hold team shootarounds.

Apparently those reports were erroneous.

i think this is BS... why would this apply to all players??.. whats the negetives??? is it because of the pace of the game???
so whats the excuse for not holding film sessions and walk thrus???

sounds like a PR move

@ponder.. players mostly got home in weschester in the past.. but dont expect melo and amare to do that

KBlack25

Starter
i think this is BS... why would this apply to all players??.. whats the negetives??? is it because of the pace of the game???

sounds like a PR move

@ponder.. players mostly got home in weschester in the past.. but dont expect melo and amare to do that

The negatives, from what I can tell, is that the commute prevents players from getting a full night's rest. There's been a big movement in the health industry about the importance of a full night's rest to stay healthy. Take it for what you will.

I don't necessarily believe it, but I don't NOT believe it, if that makes sense. I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

moneyg

Starter
The negatives, from what I can tell, is that the commute prevents players from getting a full night's rest. There's been a big movement in the health industry about the importance of a full night's rest to stay healthy. Take it for what you will.

I don't necessarily believe it, but I don't NOT believe it, if that makes sense. I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

i dont think you need a gym to hold film sessions

There is a BS excuse. With the amount of money this franchise makes they can buy a way to practice for 30 min's or so before the home games. The coach should be able to figure this out. I don't watch his talk show but if he can find time to do that...he can find time to practice more...isn't his talk show inside of a gym?

Anyway, this just sounds like a poor excuse and the results reflect in the way the team plays. They can be much better than this, and I suspect they will. I just wished they took every opportunity to do so now and stop coming up with lame excuses.

moneyg

Starter
There is a BS excuse. With the amount of money this franchise makes they can buy a way to practice for 30 min's or so before the home games. The coach should be able to figure this out. I don't watch his talk show but if he can find time to do that...he can find time to practice more...isn't his talk show inside of a gym?

Anyway, this just sounds like a poor excuse and the results reflect in the way the team plays. They can be much better than this, and I suspect they will. I just wished they took every opportunity to do so now and stop coming up with lame excuses.

good point about his tv show....maybe he the one thats breakin down

nyk_nyk

All Star

Hahahahaha!! Brilliant

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The coach should be able to figure this out. I don't watch his talk show but if he can find time to do that...he can find time to practice more...isn't his talk show inside of a gym?

Haha. There's a dick in your eye, D'Antoni!:peace:

I understand the need for rest at this stage of the season, but surely a shoot around isn't too taxing?

Clearly we have many, many things to work on, as evidenced by the first half against Jersey. STAT in particular needs to be trained defensively with a cattle prod.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
And what was the reason MDA didn't hold many practice/shoot-arounds in Phoenix? The lead head senior medical director of medicine deemed it too hot?

Kiyaman

Legend

sounds like a PR move

:agreed:
good point.

Kiyaman

Legend
Which makes me wonder, wouldn't it be better if they could just have a compound closer to home? why Westchester anyways? I'm not up to speed on the history of the training compound, but if they didn't have to hold the shoot arounds in CT then they wouldn't need to worry about the commute? This is on the assumption that the players live in NY, closer to Manhattan/MSG?

I'm guessing they can't shoot around MSG cause it's in use for so many different things, but couldn't they just, i dunno, build a court in some building nearby? Dolan is crazy rich, i can't imagine it would be all that difficult for him to get the real estate.

:agreed:
I always wondered why we had a Gym 50 miles away from MSG as far
back as 1979. Factory Lofts with big under-ground garages were being
sold left and right for little as nothing compared with the Dolan's pocket-
book back then.

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed: right on point.
It makes u think twice about all our executive decision-making for so
many decades on their best interest on the players/coaches commute.
I been campaigning for the addition of coaches added to our coaching-
staff since Pat Riley quit on us. And having a practice facility so damn
far from MSG was a reason to add two or three more coaches to our staff.