Thread: Knicks Team Doctor Recommended No Home Shootarounds

Default Knicks Team Doctor Recommended No Home Shootarounds

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There was some talk on the board that it was D'Antoni's decision, as it had been originally reported, not to hold team shootarounds.

Apparently those reports were erroneous.

Which makes me wonder, wouldn't it be better if they could just have a compound closer to home? why Westchester anyways? I'm not up to speed on the history of the training compound, but if they didn't have to hold the shoot arounds in CT then they wouldn't need to worry about the commute? This is on the assumption that the players live in NY, closer to Manhattan/MSG?

I'm guessing they can't shoot around MSG cause it's in use for so many different things, but couldn't they just, i dunno, build a court in some building nearby? Dolan is crazy rich, i can't imagine it would be all that difficult for him to get the real estate.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There was some talk on the board that it was D'Antoni's decision, as it had been originally reported, not to hold team shootarounds.

Apparently those reports were erroneous.

i think this is BS... why would this apply to all players??.. whats the negetives??? is it because of the pace of the game???
    so whats the excuse for not holding film sessions and walk thrus???

sounds like a PR move

@ponder.. players mostly got home in weschester in the past.. but dont expect melo and amare to do that

Originally Posted by moneyg
    i think this is BS... why would this apply to all players??.. whats the negetives??? is it because of the pace of the game???

sounds like a PR move

@ponder.. players mostly got home in weschester in the past.. but dont expect melo and amare to do that

The negatives, from what I can tell, is that the commute prevents players from getting a full night's rest. There's been a big movement in the health industry about the importance of a full night's rest to stay healthy. Take it for what you will.

I don't necessarily believe it, but I don't NOT believe it, if that makes sense. I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    The negatives, from what I can tell, is that the commute prevents players from getting a full night's rest. There's been a big movement in the health industry about the importance of a full night's rest to stay healthy. Take it for what you will.

I don't necessarily believe it, but I don't NOT believe it, if that makes sense. I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

i dont think you need a gym to hold film sessions

i dont think you need a gym to hold film sessions
    Well if the above article is true, I think the point is traveling to a facility causes a significant health issue because players don't get the requisite rest.

Veteran

There is a BS excuse. With the amount of money this franchise makes they can buy a way to practice for 30 min's or so before the home games. The coach should be able to figure this out. I don't watch his talk show but if he can find time to do that...he can find time to practice more...isn't his talk show inside of a gym?

Anyway, this just sounds like a poor excuse and the results reflect in the way the team plays. They can be much better than this, and I suspect they will. I just wished they took every opportunity to do so now and stop coming up with lame excuses.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    There is a BS excuse. With the amount of money this franchise makes they can buy a way to practice for 30 min's or so before the home games. The coach should be able to figure this out. I don't watch his talk show but if he can find time to do that...he can find time to practice more...isn't his talk show inside of a gym?

Anyway, this just sounds like a poor excuse and the results reflect in the way the team plays. They can be much better than this, and I suspect they will. I just wished they took every opportunity to do so now and stop coming up with lame excuses.
    good point about his tv show....maybe he the one thats breakin down

Hahahahaha!! Brilliant

The coach should be able to figure this out. I don't watch his talk show but if he can find time to do that...he can find time to practice more...isn't his talk show inside of a gym?
    Haha. There's a dick in your eye, D'Antoni!

I understand the need for rest at this stage of the season, but surely a shoot around isn't too taxing?

Clearly we have many, many things to work on, as evidenced by the first half against Jersey. STAT in particular needs to be trained defensively with a cattle prod.

And what was the reason MDA didn't hold many practice/shoot-arounds in Phoenix? The lead head senior medical director of medicine deemed it too hot?

Veteran

sounds like a PR move

good point.

Veteran

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Which makes me wonder, wouldn't it be better if they could just have a compound closer to home? why Westchester anyways? I'm not up to speed on the history of the training compound, but if they didn't have to hold the shoot arounds in CT then they wouldn't need to worry about the commute? This is on the assumption that the players live in NY, closer to Manhattan/MSG?

I'm guessing they can't shoot around MSG cause it's in use for so many different things, but couldn't they just, i dunno, build a court in some building nearby? Dolan is crazy rich, i can't imagine it would be all that difficult for him to get the real estate.

I always wondered why we had a Gym 50 miles away from MSG as far
    back as 1979. Factory Lofts with big under-ground garages were being
    sold left and right for little as nothing compared with the Dolan's pocket-
    book back then.

Veteran

Thumbs up

right on point.
    It makes u think twice about all our executive decision-making for so
    many decades on their best interest on the players/coaches commute.
    I been campaigning for the addition of coaches added to our coaching-
    staff since Pat Riley quit on us. And having a practice facility so damn
    far from MSG was a reason to add two or three more coaches to our staff.