Broussard: "Knicks could throw money at Phil Jackson this off season"

Chris Broussard was on NBA coast 2 coast tonight and said that if things don't work out with Mike the Knicks could throw big money at Phil this off season and Phil would concider coming here.

Thoughts?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd like it, but let's see how we do in the post-season.

I guess it'd be these men if D'Antoni is not with us:

Rick Adelman (would love to see what he could do with two superstars, Billups, and the other rising/good players)
Jeff Van Gundy (our former coach, defense,got to the Eastern Conference Finals twice, got to the Finals)
and Jackson for being a championship Knick (though I think some of the things he says is funny, don't really want that kind of attention for our coach. Wouldn't be a deciding factor for me though)

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I definitely see it happening..I mean Broussard was the guy that announced Lebron to Miami and Melo to NY...I just want the best coach for this team. Personally i think it's Adelman but I'd like Phil.

It's no secret that I support MDA, but Jackson & Pops are the only two coaches I'm willing to replace MDA with as of right now.

I hate the fact that Phil refused to coach & turned his back on the franchise that he once won an NBA ring with as a player; but I'm not sure how I could say no to Phil.

We all know Jackson may have never won rings with MJ & Pippen or Kobe & Shaq/Gasol but @ the same time, I know enough to know that a coach cant win that many rings without first having great players. We have Melo & Amare & with Jackson? I'm all for brining back Billups (Harper, Fisher) for much cheaper.

I just don't see Jax leaving the greatest NBA franchise of all-time for the Knicks. They still have Kobe & he could still form ANOTHER soon to be future dynasty once Howard goes to LA to replace Kobe as the next Lakers all-time great. Howard+Gasol would make for one of, if not the greatest front lines of All-Time.

Unless he retires I don't see him leaving LA. I'd also be worried he'd leave us after a year or two.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd love to see what we can achieve in a triangle that includes STAT & Melo. I don't think it's in any way a likelihood, though.

Health issues would be the main detractor, and if he were to coach for only 1-2 years, it'd be hovering around pointless to him, I think.

I think money is not something that'll lure Phil into the Knicks HC seat.

He has more than enough, can probably stack it to the ceilling.

I think he's done in the NBA, why else should he leave the Lakers?

I just think it could add to his legacy (if thats even possible).

"Phil Jackson won a ring with the New York Knicks as a player; before going back home to lead them to their first championship since 1972 before riding off into the sunset as the greatest coach that even lived to coach the game".

But like Spree-H20 stated... Money will never be an issue, concern or need for Phil Jackson.

Chances are pretty much slim to none that Jackson ever leaves the greatest NBA franchise of All-Time for New York.

He's ignored this franchise for well over 30 years. Finially going back home to coach the Knicks, after they've landed & have two NBA superstars already in place, after another coach did the dirty work during rebuilding mode would make Phil Jackson out to look like a true coward.

iSaYughh

Starter
Mike D'antoni will be our coach through at least half of next season.

Jackson coming regardless of circumstance is a long shot. And it would take us telling MDA asap he is gone n done, and then banking on our sales pitch to Jackson and his acceptance to fill the void.

Just isn't happening; barring Walsh going, as well....D'antoni will be coach through all of next year, unless the team's underperforms in an epic way to the all-star break.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This would be great for us

But We would have to land one more All Star to get Phil!

Phil is very particular about the types of teams he coaches and as good as Stat and Melo are Phil wants the best of the best

Mia. is the type of team Phil would accept an offer from (not this actual Heat team, but a team as stacked as them)

Now if we landed Chris Paul or Deron Williams and a Center who can contribute for us (not to mention about 10 million Cablevision Dollars per season) then I can see it for sure

STAT1

Starter
I personally don't see Phil coming here, but how can anyone say no to top winningest championship coach of alltime coming to coach here? Personally I think he's done for at least a full year, seems like he wants to get away from the game for a bit. If we're looking for a replacement for MDA this summer I personally like Doc Rivers as an option.

KBlack25

Starter
If we can get Phil that would be great. But I am going to put my money on him not coming here, either because he doesn't want to coach or because he doesn't want to work for Dolan. Or both.

Paul1355

All Star
Chris Broussard was on NBA coast 2 coast tonight and said that if things don't work out with Mike the Knicks could throw big money at Phil this off season and Phil would concider coming here.

Thoughts?
Phil Jackson is the man, I doubt he will be the next Larry Brown of the Knicks.

Jackson wins with all his teams. three 3 peats?....thats ridiculous.

I would throw ten mil at Phil per year since Mike D makes 6

Phil Jackson is the man, I doubt he will be the next Larry Brown of the Knicks.

Jackson wins with all his teams. three 3 peats?....thats ridiculous.

I would throw ten mil at Phil per year since Mike D makes 6

I'd throw 22 million plus access to the Knick City Dancers 24/7!!!