Broussard: "Knicks could throw money at Phil Jackson this off season"

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think a more realistic option is JVG. I know he loves his broadcasting gig at ESPN but i'm sure he'd love to coach again at MSG with Amare and Melo here.

Although he never won a chip he's a damn good coach who doesn't accept less than 100% from his players. Plus he coaches both sides of the ball really well.

p0nder

Starter
Getting Phil is the ONLY way that MDA is out of here. And i do not see that happening. I don't actually prefer this option, I would rather have JVG, but because of past differences with management and ownership that will not happen.

Phil is over rated and giving him yet another stacked team would make me sick.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Phil is a winner and if he comes here we're instantly contenders regardless of what anyone thinks or says. The master of the triangle, a man who continues to win under pressure. Playing for the Knicks in MSG is a massive draw for most but add in Phil and you're thinking not only would I be playing there, I'd be winning there!

If he thinks he can get the right C then I don't see why NY wouldn't be his first option IF he was looking for another team after LA.

What better way to completely cement your legacy than to go and do what no one else has been able to do in what 48 years?

Do I see it ? Not at all.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If we can get Phil that would be great. But I am going to put my money on him not coming here, either because he doesn't want to coach or because he doesn't want to work for Dolan. Or both.

Agreed 100%! Phil can barely stand Jerry Buss and he was dating his daughter.... There is no way in hell he would ever want to deal with Dolan's crap.
I also see every one now clambering for Sloan... He never won a championship either! Besides MDA deserves a full season with a consistant roster... Yes teams are always tweaking but at least have a year with the core in place.