What If...

Red

TYPE-A
Miami signs Curry and he beasts on us in the playoffs? Can we fire D'Antoni then? Would you be mad?

According to a Yahoo! Sports report, former Knicks center Eddy Curry has worked out for the Heat, and the two sides are moving towards and an agreement on a contract. If the season ended today, the Knicks would play the Heat in the first round of the playoffs.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...ats_loss_F5UHFipTjBR8sFpj7erYWM#ixzz1ISefxyX0
I'm f*cking tired of this line...

"the Knicks should get Tyson Chandler this off-season" -or- "If the Knicks can get Tyson Chandler this summer they will be a force"

Tyson Chandler is just a another "serviceable big" (SB) in a long line of suggested and already had "serviceable big men" and opportunities ala...

Curry
Darko
Hill
Randolph
Mozgov
Barron
etc..

It's a myth, a misnomer, a product of misunderstanding the facts. History indicates that a 'Tyson Chandler" isn't the answer. Every time I hear a suggestion to get Tyson Chandler I know automatically that person hasn't watched the Knicks as closely as I have. If they did they would know...

yes, while it's obvious that any serviceable big would help any team and goes without saying, to suggest a serviceable big should be acquired by this Mike D'Antoni lead Knick team is blatant disregard of the past.

We've had serviceable bigs, D'Antoni has had serviceable bigs, and the reason we don't have any now is because not only does he not know how to use them, his system doesn't utilize them, thus there is no value for them.

Add, Shaq and a slew of other "serviceable bigs" he's had in PHX and it's clear exactly why the Knicks don't have serviceable bigs (SB's tired of typing that) nor why they should be pursuing one.

Until we understand why we've wasted pics, wasted assets on our bench, and even with SB's D'Antoni hasn't achieved success defensively, don't look naive by suggesting a SB is the answer to the Knick's issues.

How would you feel if Eddy Curry beasts on us in the paint during the playoffs? I might just boycott my team until they rid us of Mike D'Antoni after that!

My fury would be unconscionable.

*BTW I'm not a Curry fan
**This message was approved by RED:smokin:

Sure, blame MDA for anything & everything NY related; including the biggest cap hell disaster since Thomas in Curry.

Stop trying to compare a bunch of unproven/scrubs to Tyson. Most NY fans call for Gasol, DeAndre or Nene to begin with. Cuban & DAL love Chandler. You should watch him play.

Mozgov was a rookie project out of Russia/Europe. Never had any american basketball experience & was never expected to start from day one. Mozgov only averaged 2 pts & 3 boards as a starter. Dolan was the reason behind that trade. Whats he doing in DEN? Nothing.

The Serbian Darko is one of the biggest NBA bust's of All-Time. Was once compared to LeBron & Carmelo as a potential #1 overall draft pick. Ask the Pistons how that turned out.

What has Barron ever done? He's a dime a dozen type of tall bum.

The closest thing you mentioned to a "proven big" was Jordan Hill; which is pathetic. We were forced to move his salary due to cap hell. Same reason why we couldn't afford to keep David Lee this summer.

The fact that MDA didn't want Shaq is credit that goes MDA's way. Shaq was used up due to his days with ORL, LA & MIA. By the time he arrived in PHX he was a shell of what he once was. Kind of like Ewing on his last knee before being moved to Seattle. I'm sure that Seattle coach wouldn't have been excited losing Payton for an aging Ewing. They lost the Matrix & other key pieces. That trade destroyed that franchise for the time being. The Matrix was their best peremeter & overall defensive player & one of the best SF's in the game especially when breaking off into the fast break with Nash & Amare. Stop trying to act like MDA refused to give Shaq playing time. Shaq was MDA's starting Center & actually earned too many minutes under MDA.

Who was "AR" before this month? A career project nothing. MDA wasn't the only good coach who let AR sit & learn from the bench. AR looked like crap during the preseason. He's had 10 or so really good games. Wake me up after he's consistant during the course of an entire season.

skisloper

Starter
You mention the guys below like MDA failed...
Curry.....Was it MDA's fault this guy was always injured, had personal , was out of shape and had no desire to play.....Imagine he does play for the Heat thats how little depth the Heat have...
Darko.....He has decent numbers on a Minny.......I do not think he would serve a purpose for us on this current team.
Hill.....was a mistake to draft ...I am sure Walsh and D;antonio have nightmares that Jennings could be our point guard. Hill is getting less and less playing time each week on the Rockets.
Barron....Must be some player that no other team touches and when they do he gets DNP.
Randolph....YES A MISTAKE.
MOZGov....WOULD NOT SERVE A PURPOSE BUT THATS ON DOLAN

Curry
Darko
Hill
Randolph
Mozgov
Barron
etc..

Miami signs Curry and he beasts on us in the playoffs? Can we fire D'Antoni then? Would you be mad?

I'm f*cking tired of this line...

"the Knicks should get Tyson Chandler this off-season" -or- "If the Knicks can get Tyson Chandler this summer they will be a force"

Tyson Chandler is just a another "serviceable big" (SB) in a long line of suggested and already had "serviceable big men" and opportunities ala...

Curry
Darko
Hill
Randolph
Mozgov
Barron
etc..

It's a myth, a misnomer, a product of misunderstanding the facts. History indicates that a 'Tyson Chandler" isn't the answer. Every time I hear a suggestion to get Tyson Chandler I know automatically that person hasn't watched the Knicks as closely as I have. If they did they would know...

yes, while it's obvious that any serviceable big would help any team and goes without saying, to suggest a serviceable big should be acquired by this Mike D'Antoni lead Knick team is blatant disregard of the past.

We've had serviceable bigs, D'Antoni has had serviceable bigs, and the reason we don't have any now is because not only does he not know how to use them, his system doesn't utilize them, thus there is no value for them.

Add, Shaq and a slew of other "serviceable bigs" he's had in PHX and it's clear exactly why the Knicks don't have serviceable bigs (SB's tired of typing that) nor why they should be pursuing one.

Until we understand why we've wasted pics, wasted assets on our bench, and even with SB's D'Antoni hasn't achieved success defensively, don't look naive by suggesting a SB is the answer to the Knick's issues.

How would you feel if Eddy Curry beasts on us in the paint during the playoffs? I might just boycott my team until they rid us of Mike D'Antoni after that!

My fury would be unconscionable.

*BTW I'm not a Curry fan
**This message was approved by RED:smokin:

Nail-Head. I've seen entirely too many get this big get that big. Why? There is no guarantee that MOA will use them. We've had plenty since he's been here.

Personally, if I'm a big man in todays NBA I'm staying as far away from MOA as I can.

You mention the guys below like MDA failed...
Curry.....Was it MDA's fault this guy was always injured, had personal , was out of shape and had no desire to play.....Imagine he does play for the Heat thats how little depth the Heat have...
Darko.....He has decent numbers on a Minny.......I do not think he would serve a purpose for us on this current team.
Hill.....was a mistake to draft ...I am sure Walsh and D;antonio have nightmares that Jennings could be our point guard. Hill is getting less and less playing time each week on the Rockets.
Barron....Must be some player that no other team touches and when they do he gets DNP.
Randolph....YES A MISTAKE.
MOZGov....WOULD NOT SERVE A PURPOSE BUT THATS ON DOLAN

Curry
Darko
Hill
Randolph
Mozgov
Barron
etc..

So you unknowingly validated Red's point. Why do you say a serviceable big would serve no purpose? especially when they are currently serving a purpose with their new team.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Wow the hatred is so bad on this board that now people are making "what if" Curry threads in order to hypothetically bash D'ant...:barf:

Yea, Curry is really a best if only D'ant hadn't been coaching him. :thumbsup:

iSaYughh

Starter
Wow the hatred is so bad on this board that now people are making "what if" Curry threads in order to hypothetically bash D'ant...:barf:

Yea, Curry is really a best if only D'ant hadn't been coaching him. :thumbsup:

:teeth: Too pitiful..Threads like this, and the logic that gets shitted into 90% of the threads elsewhere, is exactly the reason why this forum has a devolved IQ and interest level somewhere along the lines of a playground for the retarded and obese.

The biggest joke here may be comparing Tyson Chandler to

Eddie Curry
Darko Milicic
Jordan Hill
Earl Barron
Timoef Mozgov

Typical stupidity that's been said in less up-front honesty before, but still just too funny...yet maybe not even top10 of unquestionably dumb, inane threads/assertions said in the past month by the gingers.

Honestly Ginger, gtfo off the board till you start a s&m fetish blog about grown men and mustaches, so your psycho-sexual hatred for the Knicks right now can get leaked elsewhere.

iSaYughh

Starter
Exactly.. The only way you play under D'antoni is if you're a star big.. Like Dwight Howard..

Exactly. Jarred Jeffries, Ronnie Turiaf...or Earl Barron...Or Timoef Mozgov. Bigtime star bigs. No one else gets a chance.

Cmon man...We've never had anyone like or close to Tyson Chandler.

Anything to bash the head coach. If MDA never started a rookie since game #2 in Fields, never gave TD23 any playing time & Walsh traded them away (while playing Darko & AR) these same fans would attack MDA for not playing Fields & TD23 while REFUSING TO GIVE HIM CREDIT for starting AR & Darko. He's in a no win situation with those coach haters. These same guys crying over AR are the same exact fans who refuse to credit MDA for playing extremely raw NBA talents such as Fields & Douglas. Only a CLUELESS one would expect an NBA coach to start a Russian project with zero NBA experience from day one. Big deal. One player slid through the cracks. Only fans who lack an understanding of basketball can fault him for that. They have no clue that MDA has started & played more players than any coach in the league over the past 3 years. He's been forced to turn over & scrap entire rosters & teams due to cap hell rebuilding mode with expiring contracts, aging players & cap hell rosters.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
First of all, I cant see Curry beasting on us, that is just unimaginable.

As for bigs not being part of D'Antoni's system, I personally would have to say up to this point in his coaching career (PHX and NY) that there has to be some truth to it as these arent the type of players that his teams go after and dont seem to fit his system.

This offseason will be very telling. If D'Antoni is still here next season, we will have to see who we go after in FA. If the Knicks dont target legit bigs, than I think theres no question that we need to move in another direction as it is blatantly obvious this is our biggest weakness.

I hope and pray we land someone that can be a legit 5, or atleast more legit than Jeffries or Shawne Williams (at the 5), only time will tell though.

Anything to bash the head coach. If MDA never started a rookie since game #2 in Fields, never gave TD23 any playing time & Walsh traded them away (while playing Darko & AR) these same fans would attack MDA for not playing Fields & TD23 while REFUSING TO GIVE HIM CREDIT for starting AR & Darko. He's in a no win situation with those coach haters. These same guys crying over AR are the same exact fans who refuse to credit MDA for playing extremely raw NBA talents such as Fields & Douglas. Only a CLUELESS one would expect an NBA coach to start a Russian project with zero NBA experience from day one. Big deal. One player slid through the cracks. Only fans who lack an understanding of basketball can fault him for that. They have no clue that MDA has started & played more players than any coach in the league over the past 3 years. He's been forced to turn over & scrap entire rosters & teams due to cap hell rebuilding mode with expiring contracts, aging players & cap hell rosters.

Wassup side piece? How's the Caddy running?

One player huh? WOW Just WOW....

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Curry

The piece I read about Curry working out with Miami was that he was still about 350 pounds. I suppose, in some sense, that's "beasting."

Wake me up when the project AR becomes consistant. How has AR played over the past 4 games? Pretty damn trashy.

Keep harping all over MDA for not playing a project AR. I'll continue to talk about the players that he has played.

MDA wasn't the only BIG NAME coach who let AR sit, learn & develope from the bench. AR looked like a bum during the preseason. As of now? He's a product of coaches developing a young 21 year old kid instead of throwing him into the NBA fire.

Nate (Wasn't a team player in NY).
Duhon (Duke bust)
TD23 (since a Rookie)
Billups (Aging)
Carter (Aging)
T-Mac (Aging)
Fields (Rookie)
Gallo (Since a Rookie)
Chandler (Who?)
Walker (Who?)
Shawne (Who?)
Melo (Playing D with heart under MDA)
Lee (Who?)
Turiaf (Who?)
JJ (Who?)
Shelden (Throw-In)
Amare (Developed under MDA)
Mozgov (Rookie)
Curry (Bust)

Just to name a few. While you clueless fans say "he doesn't give players chances) are proven wrong considering that no other NBA coach has not only played but also starter more players since 08.

Wake me up when the project AR becomes consistant. How has AR played over the past 4 games? Pretty damn trashy.

Keep harping all over MDA for not playing a project AR. I'll continue to talk about the players that he has played.

MDA wasn't the only BIG NAME coach who let AR sit, learn & develope from the bench. AR looked like a bum during the preseason. As of now? He's a product of coaches developing a young 21 year old kid instead of throwing him into the NBA fire.

Nate (Wasn't a team player in NY).
Duhon (Duke bust)
TD23 (since a Rookie)
Billups (Aging)
Carter (Aging)
T-Mac (Aging)
Fields (Rookie)
Gallo (Since a Rookie)
Chandler (Who?)
Walker (Who?)
Shawne (Who?)
Melo (Playing D with heart under MDA)
Lee (Who?)
Turiaf (Who?)
JJ (Who?)
Shelden (Throw-In)
Amare (Developed under MDA)
Mozgov (Rookie)
Curry (Bust)

Just to name a few. While you clueless fans say "he doesn't give players chances) are proven wrong considering that no other NBA coach has not only played but also starter more players since 08.

Did you notice that besides STAT none of the "BIGS" on your list have gotten consistent PT? :peace:

Which would validate the point the OP made, I think...