Cavs @ Knicks 4-3-11: This..Is..New York!!!!

Fair enough. I just believe in good luck & we're on a 3 game streak ;-) also, sometimes, most of the times... The GDA thread is full of so much negativity & knee-jerk reactions that I just think post-games are a refreshing start to talk about a good win.

You have hours & sometimes days to talk about the game during the gameday thread... Plus the 3 or so hours during the gameday thread, I jus't don't see a harm in a postgame thread especially considering the fact that some fans are just looking for a refreshing topic to talk about after 75% of the thread was attacking the head coach & what not.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
considering the fact that some fans are just looking for a refreshing topic to talk about after 75% of the thread was attacking the head coach & what not.

Whether or not it is or isn't something you like, doesn't mean that you should detract from the efforts of others for the sake of your own preferred reading and replying.

la2ny did a good job with his thread. Just give him the props he deserves by not taking away from it.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
not trying to be mean but i think knicksfan from queens sometimes enters this site entirely to make people mad.. every time i look at a thread and he posts something i wonder if there might be a problem with him, if he is extremly elderly and talks out his ass... or just wants to piss people off. either way its hard to be pissed or frustrated about anything. we made the playoffs and are legitimate for the first time in over 10 years,plus, we have real superstars.. unlike the spotlight hungry, disgrace of a knick marbury. we have a real team since the ewing era and i cant be more blessed about that for myself and this city.

Paul1355

All Star
They finally made it in the playoffs, I am proud of My Knicks.

Amare is the man and Melo will soon follow.

The first time in his career that Melo has a force as his teammate like Amare. Let's see Melo with super star talent around him.

All the stars will be tested.

Heat or Celtics now

TakMan

Rotation player
Again the team demonstrated sporadic outbreaks of above average defensive abilities (in the 4th quarter as with NJ). This team has the potential to cause a major upset in the playoffs, but will need to demonstrate some consistency. I'm not too worried about that considering they seem to consistently play well against the better teams, and should up their game in the playoffs.

Now as for the individual player assessment, I wont comment on the star players as a consistently good performance is expected from them so I'll talk about the role players.

Douglas did ok, and I was particularly impressed by his 4th quarter defensive display. Good to see him picking up good long range shooting stats again.

Shawne W gave a solid performance (much like usual) and is a useful player to have.

Shelden actually posted good figures with 6 rebounds and 9 points in just under 20 minutes but left a lot to be desired defensively.

Carter was again brilliant on the hustle play. His experience may prove quite useful during the playoffs.

Walker.....He needs to stay. He's re-discovered his inside drive (which defined him when he was with the Celtics), and established a good long-range/drive equilibrium. He's still young and may have a lot to offer.

Only negative performance of the evening I'd say was Fields. This guy needs offensive consistency. Yes he's a decent defensive player but I'm not seeing a valid offensive threat in him at the moment. I think he can offer a lot more.

Last edited:
You make some strong points which made for an outstanding post. I agree on all counts; our 3 stars led the way. Combined for 76 pts, 13 boards (Amare with 7) & I cant remember how many combined assist's but I know Billups put up 7.

Fields has to improve. He has to do better than 2 points. What happen to the Fields that was showing flashes Reggie-Allen type of greatness as an off the ball player? Or the Fields that would hustle, scrap & fight for every rebound or loose ball in sight? The Fields I miss the most? The one that would drive the rock to the paint & finish strong at the rim. I think playing 18 games in 1 month has taken it's toll on our rook's legs more than Amare or any other player on this team. We should rest, play & get Fields ready for the playoffs coming off the bench from here on out.

Walker & TD23 were excellent. Combined for 24 pts, 7 boards & 7 assist's (TD with 6).

The two Williams also contributed big time with 17 pts & 9 boards.

Carter always plays with heart & effort

JJ? Horrible

We only won cause Money Mayweather and Fiddy were at the game :teeth:

Honestly, about time we've beaten these Cavaliers. Game raising cunts.

Hollins, Samuels: **** off!

Now let's beat Toronto, another horrible team. A winning record is still possible and would be the ultimate target this season! We could also catch Philly in 6th.

Let's go!

Your damn right we can catch PHI for the 6th seed.

I expect the Knicks to take on the 76ers for soul rights of the 6th seed two games from now.

As we play the Raptors in NY; the 76ers are on the road in Boston against the Celtics. We're only 1 1/2 back of Philly right now. I have a strong feeling we take out Toronto & Boston beats the 76ers, which means; the Knicks are in Philly, on the road, fighting for that 6th seed.

As a fan, my ultimate goal has been to see this team head into the playoffs a strong 5 games above .500. But that cant happen, the best we can do is 4 or 6 games. It would take us running the table for NY to finish 6 games above .500. I'll accept 4 games above with open arms.

For that to happen? We must win our next 4 against Toronto, @ Philly, @ NJ & @ INDY. I fully expect for that to happen. Philly & Indy may be real grinds, but we're the better team.

Split the home & the away with CHI & BOS & we finish 4 games above .500.

We win or next 4? I wanna win our last 2. 9 game win streak!

We need to stop blowing big leads, how does a 22 lead turn into 2?:alert:

Good win and a lot of intensity out there from every one especially Anthony "Kenny Smith" Carter .

I say we stay at the 7th seed let Boston or Miami fight for the 2nd and rest our Guys the last 3 games or so.

Stat needs the rest and so does Billups, this will give our bench a chance to play together