Cavs @ Knicks 4-3-11: This..Is..New York!!!!

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
WOw... letting davis single handidly bring em back..

The guy got them back in the game with his own 11-0 run but its not going to be enough tonight AS LONG as we continue to play as a team and have a solid effort on the defensive end, which I am confident we will.

Yeah... Nothing you can do about that @ times. Thats what's made Davis a great player for many of years. His ability to take over, score & once he's hot? He's deadly. Sucks we blew a nice 19 point lead but it's time to gring & blow these guys out.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Just a heads up, Shaq returned tonight for Boston but left in the 2nd with a foot injury, could be serious even though couldnt tell what happened......good news if we have to face them round 1.

EDIT: Its a right calf muscle strain.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
That midrange fade away to close out the half by Melo was SO good. That was a jordanesque/ kobesque type of shot..

I never root for injuries & I love Shaq... He's the last true Center of the guys I grew up watching since 92. @ one point Shaq was the baby when compared to guys like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson & Mourning. Even Smitz & DM (greatest shot blocker I've ever seen) all went hard inside the paint. Shaq was blessed with the chance to learn from some of the all-time greats @ the C position. He's the last of the Centers I grew up watching since childhood days. I'll miss that era big time once Shaq is gone for good.

With all that said? I won't complain if the big man never plays another game lol

Kiyaman

Legend
Comercial Time:

The Denver-Knicks vs Lakers game was great to watch,
holding the Lakers to only 90 points (95-90),
Wilson Chandler defense vs Kobe offense was the crunchtime WIN.
:thumbsup:
All 4 - Knicks players showed what they couldve did if we didnt have
No-Defense-Damnphony for a headcoach in New York.

Comercial over.....

Sheldon Williams minutes will be a big factor in this Knicks WIN.
Carter have to get some minutes also to shut-down Davis & Sessions
:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
I never root for injuries & I love Shaq... He's the last true Center of the guys I grew up watching since 92. @ one point Shaq was the baby when compared to guys like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson & Mourning. Even Smitz & DM (greatest shot blocker I've ever seen) all went hard inside the paint. Shaq was blessed with the chance to learn from some of the all-time greats @ the C position. He's the last of the Centers I grew up watching since childhood days. I'll miss that era big time once Shaq is gone for good.

With all that said? I won't complain if the big man never plays another game lol

Watch Euro-League or D.League for small-ball......The NBA history is BIGMAN Ball...

That DEN team has one hell of a Center in Nene. Something the Knicks defense haven't had in ages. A talented & proven center.

Nene, Kenyon Martin, Birdman JR Smith & Ty Lawson make that DEN team. Those Knicks are good players but lets not act like they took over a Nuggets team thats been to the playoffs 7 consecutive seasons. lol. We landed a top 3-5 NBA superstar + Billups who's beating tonight. Melo on pace for 35+ 3 games in a row. Let it go already.

Funny to see the Spurs & Pops stop that 6 game losing streak. Looks like the Knicks aint the only good team who can lose 6 consecutive ;-)

Man... After being up 19 @ one point & now this? I hate the thought of the Cavs keeping the game close. Come on Knicks! Lets make another strong run. I like what I see in Melo tonight. I want the offense going through Melo

Sometimes you just cant defend when a player goes off like Davis. Basketball is a high scoring sport; that will never change. Highest scoring sport other than maybe bowling if you consider that a sport.

Oh well, this isn't looking good. I'll be happy to escape with a 1 pt win

iSaYughh

Starter
Unfortunate Dolan had his paw prints all over the deal towards the end, but hey...Is what it is, we got Melo, and let's hope Dolan just couldn't resist at that moment in time to meddle.

Still hurts to see Gallo doing his thing, especially after all the haterade people spit up on him over the years...just the type of efficient, versatile skilled passer with range we would love to have.

Game closer than should be...but I like the effort n overall ball movement. I want cp3 at any cost, too, despite the total improbability....Center is the most obvious n glaring of individual needs for the team...but CP3 would shore up so many other flaws we have, and maximize everything so nicely.

The power we wield in Melo + STAT tandem...to be able to unleash it to fullest capacity would be unreal.

We gotta milk the games of Melo n STAT to the max to get to be a champion.

And is there a mor annoying pg in game than Davis? Whether ur facing him, or he's in ur team....

iSaYughh

Starter
Yes..

Also serious question... Why is Jeffries even in the NBA.. I don't even...

Jeffries is just too bad...Playing a guy like him for us....smh. I'd have rather ridden thru the growing pains and ineptitude of almost any NBA big we coulda played this yr.

Can't lose to these mutts again...I don't take individual losses vs basement teams too bad, and we r essentially "done" this yr n it's about playoffs now,

But a loss here would make me smfh and make me ashamed to be a knick fan tnite.