Cavs @ Knicks 4-3-11: This..Is..New York!!!!

la2ny

Starter
la2ny.jpg

Presents: This..Is..New York!!!!

Music 4 2day

new_york_knicks_alternate.gif

VS

clecavs2.gif

How much longer do we let these horrid trespassers from nowhere dominate us like a She-Male to Slim Chin? A wise man once spoke to me, he said,"Use not your exit for an entrance...Though if you are imprisoned with those like you, you may use that what sticks out to enter their exits." I don't know exactly what that means, but no more loosing to CLEVELAND!

n.gif
y.gif
k.gif

The starting 5.
Shoutout 2 Crazy giving me some of his threads. So I do this in your honor(bows)

The Half Blood Prince

landry-fields-knicks-ap.jpg

I once saw him in 3 places at once...
1: In Modells selling underage girls some red things that looked like gummy bears:shrug: ...

2:In the alley across the street mugging an old lady with a speed dating name tag on...

3: And lastly in Times Square asking women to ask him about his Imperial Majesty...

Mr Big Co...Shot
0314-chauncey-billups-300.jpg

Some say he has sex with elephants and afterwards they can't walk right for a week.

Agent 00-7

carmelo_lala_041708.jpg

Some say his wife has tits that makes everyone but 007 choke....so now LBJ has another excuse.

The Beard Of Zeus
12462_crop_340x234.jpg

Some say that a mouse once jumped from his beard and when it landed it was an NYC rat.

The Bear Jew
aj2.jpg

The only jew not circumsized, he once said " women like more meat than skeet".

Game Preview
The New York Knicks are moving closer to a playoff spot, but they are also looking to gain a measure of revenge against the NBA’s worst team on Sunday night.
The Knicks will try to end an 11-game skid against the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers, which includes two losses since acquiring Carmelo Anthony(notes).
New York (37-38) has a magic number of two over Charlotte to secure its first playoff berth in seven seasons. The Knicks could clinch Sunday with a victory and a loss by the Bobcats to Washington.
Cleveland (15-60) hasn’t presented a challenge to many opponents after the departure of LeBron James(notes), but three of its victories have been against New York. Anthony has played in the last two meetings, but his averages of 28.0 points and 6.5 boards have not helped deliver a win - nor have Amare Stoudemire’s(notes) 31.7 points per game and 10.3 rebounds per game in the three losses.
“That’s another big game for us,” Anthony said. “Coming down the stretch, all of these games are big for us.
“Cleveland is a team we’ve been struggling with. For whatever reason it is, we’ve been struggling with them. We just want to redeem ourselves come Sunday.”
The Knicks have gained confidence by opening this four-game homestand with consecutive victories after a six-game slide. Anthony has scored 39 points in each win, including Wednesday’s 120-116 victory over New Jersey.
“It feels good, especially right now, the time that it’s happening,” Anthony said. “Must-win situations, games that we really need coming down the stretch, getting into the playoffs, it’s almost perfect timing for me to get into a groove like that.”
Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni is concerned that his team has allowed 65 free-throw attempts in the victories. Cleveland has averaged 31.0 against New York this season.
“Somehow we’ve got to find a way to keep the intensity, defend it well, rebound it and not foul,” D’Antoni said. “And if you do that, then you’ve become a pretty good defensive team.”
The Cavaliers come to Madison Square Garden with a 5-32 road record after a 115-107 loss at Washington on Friday. They shot 53.8 percent over their previous two games before finishing at 46.3 percent against the short-handed Wizards, who were without starters Nick Young(notes) and John Wall(notes).
J.J. Hickson(notes) had 21 points and 10 rebounds, but blamed himself since the Wizards’ Andray Blatche(notes) had 36 points and 19 boards.
“I think I’m the reason we lost tonight, but I guarantee you it won’t happen again,” said Hickson, averaging 23.5 points and 11.5 rebounds in his two starts against New York this season.
The Knicks have had trouble defending big men since acquiring Anthony, and went to a more muscular starting lineup Wednesday by inserting Shelden Williams(notes) in place of Shawne Williams(notes). Shelden Williams was effective, making all three of his shots for six points and helping defend the Nets’ Brook Lopez(notes).
“Shelden’s been playing great these last couple games,” Anthony said. “(He’s) another big body, playing against Dwight (Howard), playing against Lopez. He’s really helping us out down in the paint.”

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Player 2 Watch
prev3-9.jpg

PG/SG-Do What Toney Douglas Do aka DWTDD

Check This Out:
The last win capped an exhausting 18-game month for the Knicks, who finished 7-11 in March. It was the first time since Jan. 2003 that the Knicks have played a month that saw 18 games (they went 10-8 that year) and it was only the second time in franchise history that they have played 18 games in the first 30 days of March. The first time was during the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season and the Knicks went 9-9 in the month. The franchise also had an 18-game month of March in 1998, but the 18th game was played on March 31.
Prediction:
NYK Wins 102-89

Knick Quote Of The Night:
"Intensity takes care of a lot of things. You can't scheme your way out of a lack of focus or a lack of intensity."
—Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, on the adjustment his team needed to make in the second half against the Nets.

Funny Pic Of The Day:
nba-basketball-lebron-james-cavaliers-fart.jpg

7257_4569_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I don't care if we don't have a big man worth a crap...we need to win this game. Give Sheldon some minutes and lets win it

We're going to need some type of inside presence defensively to win tonights game. Hopefully MOA realizes this and gives Sheldon (Turiaf?) some decent PT...

And people wanna question why Amare has made it known why he's been tired? The proof is right there in the OP. 18 games played in the month of March. Thank god March is a thing of the past.

This is a must win for this team trying to gain confidence & momentum heading into the playoffs. Getting back to .500 tonight is extremely important for our chances of heading into the playoffs as a winning team.

I wanna see us whipe the floor & dominate the Cavs by 20+ tonight. I'll accept any type of win though. I'll take a 87-86 victory. I'll accept a 142-141 victory... I just wanna see us beat this Cavs team & I could care less how we do it. I'll take an ugly win over a sexy loss any day of the week & twice during the playoffs.

A win tonight won't erase the fact that we've lost 3 times to the worst team in basketball, but a victory tonight would become a step in the right dirrection; beating the teams we're expected to beat because it's no secret we can compete & contend against any Eastern Conf contender.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
A win tonight won't erase the fact that we've lost 3 times to the worst team in basketball, but a victory tonight would become a step in the right dirrection; beating the teams we're expected to beat because it's no secret we can compete & contend against any Eastern Conf contender.

Dude, I appreciate the enthusiasm. But get real bro, or you just come off like a clueless cheerleader. The season's almost over and we're 1 game over 500.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dude, I appreciate the enthusiasm. But get real bro, or you just come off like a clueless cheerleader. The season's almost over and we're 1 game over 500.

Uh hello newbie this is another CLASSIC KO.COM GAME THREAD(props to LA2NY) and that means cheerleading. We need this game in the worst way and you know they thuggin' in Cleveland. We all know this is a .500 team, but I had us winning 30 games this season, instead we are in playoff contention and just added MELO to the MIX. Let's just say I'm giddy as a schoolgirl on prom night and have more hope for this team than I've had in a decade. Getting ready to head to the spot to watch the game.... Knicks t-shirt... check...wristbands....check....70's classic cool clyde Puma's....check....

GO KNICKS!!!!!

The Knicks haven't competed with the top Eastern Conf teams this year?

Knicks have competed with CHI this year. 2 W's right?

We've competed with BOS. You failed to watch that could have been game winner from Amare? Guess so. You failed to hear Pierce state on National TV, that the Knicks are legit & will compete until the end after the game?

We've competed with the Hawks.

We've competed against Miami. Did you not see us beat em with Melo? lol

The only Eastern Conf playoff team that has dominated us is ORL & we just beat those guys.

Oh well... Think what you think. Only time will tell but I love this Knicks franchise & love the current potential & future of this team. Lets whipe the floor with Cleveland & beat them by 30 tonight. 10 points for every 3 L's.

Carmelo goes off for 50 & the Knicks win by 30+ tonight. We should head into the half up 20. Knicks prove their too much for the Cavs tonight & get back to .500 before beating down Toronto.

smokes

Huge Member
lmao Davis thinks there is a major rivalry building between the Cavs and Knicks??? Cavs are too irrelevant to have a rivalry with anyone anymore.

smokes

Huge Member
Nice nice nice nice!

Nice ball movement, unselfish play, quick pace, defensive effort even though our defense sucked so far we have been active.

Hell yeah maybe Billups is the one on the verge of dropping 50 tonight ahaha I love it! I always supported Billups as the warrior he is during his slump after the injury this dude is legit just wish his contract wasn't so insane.

We gotta slow down JJ Hickson though. He's their entire offense so far & Knicks starting to pull away & dominate baby! lOVE the effort & energy on defense so far