If we could swap Amare for Dwight Howard should we do it?

I know its kind of messed up to even consider this but like Amare,Dwight can score 20+ but unlike Amare,Dwight is the best defender in the NBA,has a higher fg%,younger and isn't injury prone.

Well I wouldn't consider or label Stoudemire as being "injury prone", it's not like he's a Bob Sanders, Kris Jenkins, Greg Oden type of athlete who can't stay healthy.

One thing you have to keep in mind about Dwight Howard; Yes, he may be a little younger than Amare, but he does play with a much more physical & aggressive type of game when compared to Amare down low. If I had to look into the future? Based on both players-playing style? I'd guess Howard starts to break down a lot sooner than Amare.

With all that said, it breaks my heart to say it, but yeah; you'd have to trade Amare for Howard if the opportunity presented itself.

Dwight Howard is the greatest Center the NBA has seen since the Hakeem, Ewing & Robinson era. Shaq & Howard of Shaq's prime would have been an all out war.

Dwight can put up 20 points per game, get opposing BIG's in serious foul trouble, the best defensive player in the NBA right now (KG once held that crown) & is the youngest NBA player of All-Time to record 7-8,000 rebounds.

iSaYughh

Starter
ORL FO: "Mr. Walsh, we would like to trade Dwight Howard for Mr. STAT."

Donnie Walsh: "Get those signed papers here by the hour and I'll throw in anyone that's not a Syracuse alum."

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why not have all three? It can be done with some creative moves and some salary concessions.

iSaYughh

Starter
All 3 would be SURREAL!

Almost too much beast on one team to fathom...

I don't see how we get it done..unless Melo and Amare restructure deals, along w Dwight (or CP3) taking less.

I sees CP3 making these type concessions vs Howard, btw. CP3 more appealing fit for him, the past friendship/talks w Melo and Amare...And his nature and game seems more in line w someone who would be shrewd enough to make these upfront financial concessions.

Not a big diss on Howard, but he..or at least his game...seems a lot more immature and emotional to me than CP3s (constantly power blocking the shit outta shots so they go outta bounds and looks/feel great, vs tipping them or keeping in bounds etc).

p0nder

Starter
^A lot of time the power block is more crucial then the altered shot into a turnover tho. However, I don't think I would trade Amar'e for pretty much anyone in the NBA right now, even the coveted best center in the game.

The guy was having an MVP year before we burned him out as the only option. With Melo and billups now, lets just see what happens in the playoffs and then next season. I think this team is ready to make the jump on the back of STAT. If he backs up his talk with some serious defensive play in these playoffs I see no reason why you would want to trade him.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Easily, no one should even have to think about this. I would drive Amare to the airport.

petescud

Starter
I agree. No brainer. Especially since melo has come aboard

ORL FO: "Mr. Walsh, we would like to trade Dwight Howard for Mr. STAT."

Donnie Walsh: "Get those signed papers here by the hour and I'll throw in anyone that's not a Syracuse alum."

Hard to say.

Howards been in Orlando for a while now, this is Amare's first year here. Plus Amare isn't really the go to guy nor does he play in the post as much as Howard. Maybe if Stat also had some training from Ewing and Hakeem he would be just as deadly...or more since he is a purer scorer then Howard.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
I would do this easily, mainly because Dwight is not even in his PRIME yet. He's a young stud whose best years are yet to come.

Amare is in his prime right now in my opinion, and he's only getting older as time goes on.

I doubt Magic would even think about this though, and I would also have a really hard time parting with Amare since he is the one who BROUGHT Knicks basketball back to NY and declared "The Knicks are back."

I'd rather keep MeloMare together, keep Billups for another year while Toney continues to develop and go after another Big who won't cost Dwight Howard money. i.e. Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol.

moneyg

Starter
I know its kind of messed up to even consider this but like Amare,Dwight can score 20+ but unlike Amare,Dwight is the best defender in the NBA,has a higher fg%,younger and isn't injury prone.

anybody that would not do this trade is either related to STAT or STAT himself.... but you will always find your occasional idiot...

there is no comparison

petescud

Starter
I think Melo/Howard would be the best 1/2 in the League. Melo could gun all he wants and Howard would clean up his mess...Beastin'...Howard's our missing Link

TakMan

Rotation player
anybody that would not do this trade is either related to STAT or STAT himself.... but you will always find your occasional idiot...

there is no comparison

I wouldn't. Stoudamire is far more talented than Howard. Howard is annoying to watch. He's useless outside the key and shoots around 11 free throws per game. Defensively I'm even better than Stoudamire, but i'd rather the Knicks sign a cheaper, yet proper Center, and let Stoudamire stay on to finish what he came here to do. I will repeat what I've said in the past: Howard is an average center playing in below average times.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to give Toronto a thrashing.