Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If we could swap Amare for Dwight Howard should we do it?

Originally Posted by petescud
    I think Melo/Howard would be the best 1/2 in the League. Melo could gun all he wants and Howard would clean up his mess...Beastin'...Howard's our missing Link

exactly

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I wouldn't. Stoudamire is far more talented than Howard. Howard is annoying to watch. He's useless outside the key and shoots around 11 free throws per game. Defensively I'm even better than Stoudamire, but i'd rather the Knicks sign a cheaper, yet proper Center, and let Stoudamire stay on to finish what he came here to do. I will repeat what I've said in the past: Howard is an average center playing in below average times.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to give Toronto a thrashing.
    I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Howard is on a completely different level than Amare.
    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    I've never seen a 7 footer jump like Howard.
    That's probably because he isn't 7 feet tall.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Like I said... We better pray D-Will refused to extend because if not? The talk of Howard going to LA (because of his "acting career") will not be possible. That team is in cap hell down the line.

If D-Will signs, Howard could be SURE to follow. Top 3 PG? #1 Center? Championshi(s). I'm pretty sure Howard would LOVE to start Brooklyn's NBA career. With Lopez @ PF? Twin Towers (Spurs) of the East + much stronger because Robinson was aging quickly once Duncan got there.

I've loved the NBA on a daily basis since 92 & was blessed to see GREAT Centers. I know an All-Time great Center when I see one & if Dwight stays healthy? He's the next great giant down low. Amare is more talented as an athlete & dominates on offense but Dwight dominates the ENTIRE GAME down low! Shaq wasn't athletic... But he CRUSHED the league with ORL & LA & even won a ring on his last legs in MIA.

If Brooklyn gets this man... We're introuble & so is the entire NBA.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Like I said... We better pray D-Will refused to extend because if not? The talk of Howard going to LA (because of his "acting career") will not be possible. That team is in cap hell down the line.

If D-Will signs, Howard could be SURE to follow. Top 3 PG? #1 Center? Championshi(s). I'm pretty sure Howard would LOVE to start Brooklyn's NBA career. With Lopez @ PF? Twin Towers (Spurs) of the East + much stronger because Robinson was aging quickly once Duncan got there.

I've loved the NBA on a daily basis since 92 & was blessed to see GREAT Centers. I know an All-Time great Center when I see one & if Dwight stays healthy? He's the next great giant down low. Amare is more talented as an athlete & dominates on offense but Dwight dominates the ENTIRE GAME down low! Shaq wasn't athletic... But he CRUSHED the league with ORL & LA & even won a ring on his last legs in MIA.

If Brooklyn gets this man... We're introuble & so is the entire NBA.
    Howard's been a beast for years, I think anyone that has ever watched basketball can say that he is a great center...doesn't take much to make that proclamation. and LOL at calling Shaq not athletic....are you serious??? I honestly cannot believe, even coming from you, that someone called Shaq not athletic.

Originally Posted by NY17
    Howard's been a beast for years, I think anyone that has ever watched basketball can say that he is a great center...doesn't take much to make that proclamation. and LOL at calling Shaq not athletic....are you serious??? I honestly cannot believe, even coming from you, that someone called Shaq not athletic.
    Yeah I agree, I dont know how someone could think SHAQ wasnt athletic when he was in the prime of his career, the man was a friggin BEAST like no other and could of done it on pure physical ability if he wanted too.

I have NEVER seen someone with his athletic ability at the size he played at, a pure BEAST with that ability is as rare as it gets.

Shaq was definately athletic in his prime, he used his size and strength more then anything. Dwight on the other hand, has way better footwork, more athletic, better midrange game, and is still young.
    Last edited by YungMelo15; Apr 05, 2011 at 20:46.

first off, i wanna say wasup to all my NYK brethren out there.

swapping stat for d12 should be a no brainer. we have consistently shown (even during the david lee years) that this team can score and put up lotta points. the problem is on the other end of the court, stopping teams (case in point, last nite in philly).
    lets say for argument sakes, we still want the 3star triumvirate. If we trade stat for d12, we can still go after cp3 or dwill. You're telling me that point guard plus melo isnt enough scoring power?

i respect stat for going all out since day 1, but this is a pure better for the franchise no brainer.
    but hey thas way out in the future, we might not even have that option.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I wouldn't. Stoudamire is far more talented than Howard. Howard is annoying to watch. He's useless outside the key and shoots around 11 free throws per game. Defensively I'm even better than Stoudamire, but i'd rather the Knicks sign a cheaper, yet proper Center, and let Stoudamire stay on to finish what he came here to do. I will repeat what I've said in the past: Howard is an average center playing in below average times.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to give Toronto a thrashing.

im confued... do you know anything about basketball??? i mean serious.. STAt is my boy....aight... but just like u can put an cheaper center next to amare and be good.. u can put a soft PF next to D12 and have a better front court..why am i wasting my time..sometimes i think people make statement just for attention...i agree with u....aight ....the discussion is would you swap....and that is as clear cut as a slut on the strip....

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by moneyg
    im confued... do you know anything about basketball??? i mean serious.. STAt is my boy....aight... but just like u can put an cheaper center next to amare and be good.. u can put a soft PF next to D12 and have a better front court..why am i wasting my time..sometimes i think people make statement just for attention...i agree with u....aight ....the discussion is would you swap....and that is as clear cut as a slut on the strip....

Shaq was plenty athletic. But if you watched him early in his career he didn't look much different physically than Dwight Howard does now. In terms of athleticism I'd say Dwight has it over Shaq even at his best. In terms of scoring in the post Shaq was 1 of the most dominant NBA C's even amongst some alltime greats he was simply unstoppable if he got the ball down low inside the paint. In terms of rebounding & defense Dwight Howard is slightly better than Shaq was at his peak IMHO. To say that Dwight Howard is just an average C playing amongst below average C's is a misleading statement if you ask me he could have easily held his own with guys like David Robinson, Shaq & Patrick Ewing in their primes.

Superstar

Dwight Howard should be MVP. The only reason he's not in the top contention is that he's a big and the media's always loved guards and small forwards.
    Orlando is nothing without him. Their entire defense and offense is fed off Howard and collapses without him.

Amare is awesome, but Dwight would completely cover up the major holes in both our offense and defense. With all the shooters we have, along with a fast pace, he'll be an utter beast.

I'll tell you right now, any team in the NBA would trade Amare for Howard. Think Melo was hard to get? Orlando will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

The only advantage is that Orlando's GM is a total idiot. Getting Arenas was one of the dumbest moves of the century which tops their other idiotic move of paying that much for Rashard Lewis in the first place. Their salary crap is **** and they're probably gonna lose J Rich next year as well.