Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80

Thread: No joke: D'Antoni has Knicks thinking D

  1. #16
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    knicks fan from queens dream come true lol

    he was waiting for this

    well

    politicians say we need to lower gas prices, make peace with the world, feed the hungry, and make the job market more equitable.


    DEFENSE

    isnt something you can make a quote in a paper and push forward.

    when i see consistent trends of defensive wins
    i.e not giving up 107 pnts to the cavs

    not giving up 68 pnts in a half and 116 pnts to the nets

    not letting the bucks shoot 50 percent against us.

    when I see those trends then I will take Mike D's words for truth

    Because while it may come from the horses mouth

    all I am seeing is whats coming from the horses @ss.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    What "big" players would you have D'ant play that he currently doesn't?



    i would of liked earl barron.... a tru center.. but O'antoni couldnt guarantee him minutes... i would rather him split time between turiaf and shelden williams instead of playin shawne williams and JJ at center.. when they are SF....

    i would of luv to keep brewer and maybe play him as a backup to melo... that said.. if he actually played a convential center.... im sure we would have one on our team.. thats doniie jobs.. when he finds them.. O;antoni doesnt want them.


    but he plays offensive players... where is our defensive wing specialist that can make a layup.. oops.. he is in dallas....

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    i would of liked earl barron.... a tru d-leaguer..
    fyp, mate.

  4. #19
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    i would of liked earl barron.... a tru center.. but O'antoni couldnt guarantee him minutes... i would rather him split time between turiaf and shelden williams instead of playin shawne williams and JJ at center.. when they are SF....

    i would of luv to keep brewer and maybe play him as a backup to melo... that said.. if he actually played a convential center.... im sure we would have one on our team.. thats doniie jobs.. when he finds them.. O;antoni doesnt want them.


    but he plays offensive players... where is our defensive wing specialist that can make a layup.. oops.. he is in dallas....
    So it is about the roster...Earl Barron? What a weak answer that exposed the flaw in your statement. Further, talking about Brewer who is not a "BIG" is more evidence that our ROSTER lacks credible BIGS.

    Turiaf gets as much playing time as his body allows and D'ant plays him every chance he gets. Sheldon needed to earn his time and has done so.

    Again, what BIGS on our ROSTER would you have D'ant play that he doesn't?

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Exactly. AR looks to be a solid find but that still doesn't change the fact that AR was nothing more than a project player with no NBA experience.

    Your correct about Turiaf... He gets as many minutes as his body can handle. Turiaf is a player that had a couple of open-heart surgeries since being drafted into the league. Cant count Curry either... He's a bum.

    Mozgov
    Amare
    Turiaf
    JJ
    Shelden
    Shawne (Not really a BIG)

    MDA has pretty much played every BIG he's had a chance to.

    It's funny how people judge this defense as if MDA is working with "the final roster" or "finished product" when it's more than obvious we're still in rebuilding mode. Maybe these people have no idea that TD23w (2nd year player) is the longest tenured Knick. So much for "team chemistry". He's an EXCELLENT head coach. Formed a winner with ONLY 1 proven player; Amare.

    Once again: MDA has played 6 different players @ the Center position this year (most in the league). PROOF that he's unhappy with the 5 hole & a FA Center is on it's way.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Exactly. AR looks to be a solid find but that still doesn't change the fact that AR was nothing more than a project player with no NBA experience.

    Your correct about Turiaf... He gets as many minutes as his body can handle. Turiaf is a player that had a couple of open-heart surgeries since being drafted into the league. Cant count Curry either... He's a bum.

    Mozgov
    Amare
    Turiaf
    JJ
    Shelden
    Shawne (Not really a BIG)

    MDA has pretty much played every BIG he's had a chance to.

    It's funny how people judge this defense as if MDA is working with "the final roster" or "finished product" when it's more than obvious we're still in rebuilding mode. Maybe these people have no idea that TD23w (2nd year player) is the longest tenured Knick. So much for "team chemistry". He's an EXCELLENT head coach. Formed a winner with ONLY 1 proven player; Amare.

    Once again: MDA has played 6 different players @ the Center position this year (most in the league). PROOF that he's unhappy with the 5 hole & a FA Center is on it's way.
    That's interesting that we've played 6 at center for the most in the league, what source are you basing that off of?

  7. #22
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Exactly. AR looks to be a solid find but that still doesn't change the fact that AR was nothing more than a project player with no NBA experience.

    Your correct about Turiaf... He gets as many minutes as his body can handle. Turiaf is a player that had a couple of open-heart surgeries since being drafted into the league. Cant count Curry either... He's a bum.

    Mozgov
    Amare
    Turiaf
    JJ
    Shelden
    Shawne (Not really a BIG)

    MDA has pretty much played every BIG he's had a chance to.

    It's funny how people judge this defense as if MDA is working with "the final roster" or "finished product" when it's more than obvious we're still in rebuilding mode. Maybe these people have no idea that TD23w (2nd year player) is the longest tenured Knick. So much for "team chemistry". He's an EXCELLENT head coach. Formed a winner with ONLY 1 proven player; Amare.

    Once again: MDA has played 6 different players @ the Center position this year (most in the league). PROOF that he's unhappy with the 5 hole & a FA Center is on it's way.
    More to the point about AR being a project. The Timberwolves have the "luxury" of playing AR because they are not in contention for the playoffs. They can allow him to go out and stink it up 80% of the time so that he can learn with real game time experience, the Knicks could not. The Knicks are a .500 team with very little margin for error who only just last game clinched a spot. Further, had AR shown some ability in practice he would have earned playing time just like Shawne Williams, Sheldon Williams and others did.

    So yes, AR has a ton of potential and now has the playing time and leeway to hopefully capitalize and achieve that potential.

    P.S. What's with all this Corey Brewer hype? The guy is playing 7 MPG for a lotto bound team...

  8. #23
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    More to the point about AR being a project. The Timberwolves have the "luxury" of playing AR because they are not in contention for the playoffs. They can allow him to go out and stink it up 80% of the time so that he can learn with real game time experience, the Knicks could not. The Knicks are a .500 team with very little margin for error who only just last game clinched a spot. Further, had AR shown some ability in practice he would have earned playing time just like Shawne Williams, Sheldon Williams and others did.

    So yes, AR has a ton of potential and now has the playing time and leeway to hopefully capitalize and achieve that potential.

    P.S. What's with all this Corey Brewer hype? The guy is playing 7 MPG for a lotto bound team...
    I wouldn't call trading a 1st round pick a "luxury" at all.

    AR showing (or not) "ability" at practice is speculative at best, yet continues to serve as a weak explaination for a lack of patience and recognition of talent and a teams needs.

    Brewer is another example and microcosm of how an offensive approach can cost you valuable assets. Bigs (their lack of use, production, and demand) are a sympton as <poor> stats are a byproduct of de-emphasizing defense.

    A more concentrated defensive approach would of led to better results. No speculaton in that.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    So it is about the roster...Earl Barron? What a weak answer that exposed the flaw in your statement. Further, talking about Brewer who is not a "BIG" is more evidence that our ROSTER lacks credible BIGS.

    Turiaf gets as much playing time as his body allows and D'ant plays him every chance he gets. Sheldon needed to earn his time and has done so.

    Again, what BIGS on our ROSTER would you have D'ant play that he doesn't?

    im confused.. would shelden williams plauy center better than jj or shawne...it has more to do with misuse of players... i gave you too bigs.. one we would of had.. and one will still have... sheldan wasnt played because he was a zero on offense.. but so is JJ...

    defense is not only bigs... ok... brewer would of been our best perimeter defender.. yes or no?.. u keep sayin big and we need a center.. when he never plays those type of bigs....

    he prefer a shootin center like a barganin versus a bruiser like perkins....if he had his wish.. he forced into playin turiaf...but he would prefer to give him backup minutes.. when its clear that turiaf play helps us control the tempo...


    just curious.. over the last 3 years.. who has he played at center???? that was actually a real center???.. turiaf is techincally a backup PF....im sure jerome jordan can contribute more than Jared

  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah, & AR has had some really good games, but he's also had some horrid one's & was even benched one night. Just look @ his last 4 games. Ghost town numbers & really bad play. Not something the Knicks could deal with during a playoff run, especially considering the fact that AR looked like a lost rookie during the preseason. On a side note: MDA wasn't the only big-name, good coach who let AR sit & learn from the bench.

    It's also funny when people sit here & bash MDA for not playing Darko. Thats a joke. The Serbian Darko is one of the biggest NBA bust's of All-Time; just ask the Detroit Pistons or better yet LeBron James & Carmelo Anthony. You know... The two players that many of NBA experts had Darko going over during mock draft after mock draft. Most had LeBron going #1 but still though... Huge bust. Thats like blaming Tanny & Rex for cutting Gholston who had 0 sacks in 3 years. You cant blame Rex if Gholston puts up 4 sacks next year because it'll take more than just 1 or 2 seasons to erase that.

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    More to the point about AR being a project. The Timberwolves have the "luxury" of playing AR because they are not in contention for the playoffs. They can allow him to go out and stink it up 80% of the time so that he can learn with real game time experience, the Knicks could not. The Knicks are a .500 team with very little margin for error who only just last game clinched a spot. Further, had AR shown some ability in practice he would have earned playing time just like Shawne Williams, Sheldon Williams and others did.

    So yes, AR has a ton of potential and now has the playing time and leeway to hopefully capitalize and achieve that potential.

    P.S. What's with all this Corey Brewer hype? The guy is playing 7 MPG for a lotto bound team...

    shelden william only played because turiaf went down.. SMH.. he didnt play him because he wasnt familiar with the offensive play book...lol

  12. #27
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I wouldn't call trading a 1st round pick a "luxury" at all.

    AR showing (or not) "ability" at practice is speculative at best, yet continues to serve as a weak explaination for a lack of patience and recognition of talent and a teams needs.

    Brewer is another example and microcosm of how an offensive approach can cost you valuable assets. Bigs (their lack of use, production, and demand) are a sympton as <poor> stats are a byproduct of de-emphasizing defense.

    A more concentrated defensive approach would of led to better results. No speculaton in that.
    Corey Brewer 7 MPG...7 MINUTES PER GAME ON A LOTTO BOUND TEAM...nuff said.

    AR had just as much an opportunity as any other player on the Knicks to crack the rotation. Had MDA stubbornly stuck with the same rotation all year you might say it's speculative but he FACTUALLY gave opportunities to multiple players.

    BTW, Minnesota has the best rebounder in the game and two "defensive" players you pine for yet are DEAD LAST IN POINTS ALLOWED.
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Apr 05, 2011 at 15:19.

  13. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Brewer is a dime a dozen player. Stop acting like he's some type of Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier or better yet... Scottie Pippen type of lock down peremeter defender.

    No way in hell would Brewer have been our best perimeter defender. Not even close to being better than Carmelo. When Carmelo is focused (which he always is come playoff time) he's a top 5 defensive SF. It won't take long before Fields is just as good, if not better than Brewer on the perimeter.

    Stop talking about these two guys MDA didn't play while refusing to give him credit for the one's he has. No coach in the NBA has played + started as many players as MDA has over the past 3 years.

    If Brewe is so great on defense... He should be getting alot more than 7 mins per game lol. He's a dime a dozen player. Nothing to write home about. The Knicks have a plan & a bright future under MDA & no name UNPROVEN projects like Darko, Brewer & AR aren't a part of it. Big deal. Guys like Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Fields, TD23, Amare & Melo were or are.

  14. #29
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    im confused.. would shelden williams plauy center better than jj or shawne...it has more to do with misuse of players... i gave you too bigs.. one we would of had.. and one will still have... sheldan wasnt played because he was a zero on offense.. but so is JJ...]
    Sheldon Williams was an unproven non-rotation player who had to EARN minutes. He has now EARNED minutes is playing in our ROTATION. What is confusing?

    Yes, you gave 2 bigs. Earl Barron who is not on our ROSTER therefore countering your own initial attack on people who talk about the roster and Turiaf who gets as much playing time as his body dictates. MDA does not hesitate to play Turiaf when healthy.

    You make the point about Sheldon and then counter it with the very real fact that MDA played JJ solely for for defense.

    defense is not only bigs... ok... brewer would of been our best perimeter defender.. yes or no?.. u keep sayin big and we need a center.. when he never plays those type of bigs....
    You are changing the subject. It is you who bolded the MDA quote and extrapolated an attack regarding size so stick to your own point or concede it was easily debunked and now you need to broaden the debate to salvage it.

    Brewer may have been our best perimeter defender(TD could have held that) if allowed the time at the expense of other players and the production of said player on both ends of the court. FYI, Brewer is averaging 7MPG on a lotto bound team who is dead last points allowed. Ask yourself why if he is so good and NBA ready that both Minnesota and Dallas found no use as of yet for him...

    he prefer a shootin center like a barganin versus a bruiser like perkins....if he had his wish.. he forced into playin turiaf...but he would prefer to give him backup minutes.. when its clear that turiaf play helps us control the tempo...
    I disagree and think MDA is smart enough (this article being further evidence) to know that with our current ROSTER we do not need an offensive center but rather a defender/rebounder. If you and I know it certainly a professional NBA head coach with a winning record and pedigree knows it...

    just curious.. over the last 3 years.. who has he played at center???? that was actually a real center???.. turiaf is techincally a backup PF....im sure jerome jordan can contribute more than Jared
    2 of those 3 years were rebuilding and Darko was never in our long term plans. He did play Barron last year. As to this year, MDA started the season with the ONLY other true center on the roster, Mozgov. Further Mozgov was our starting center when he was RELUCTANTLY traded for Melo.

    BTW, you have no idea what Jerome Jordan can contribute and to pretend like you do or that MDA would willfully leave a better player in Europe rather than utilize him is nonsense.

  15. #30
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    shelden william only played because turiaf went down.. SMH.. he didnt play him because he wasnt familiar with the offensive play book...lol
    A non point. There were plenty of opportunities along the year for AR to crack the rotation but he didn't. Turiaf has "gone down" multiple times this year. Further Sheldon is getting additional playing time over JJ too who is healthy and able to play.

Similar Threads

  1. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 17:15
  2. Knicks @ Suns 12/14 9:00 PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2008, 21:35
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2008, 17:13
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •