They don't want to see us

Melo owns LeBron

Amare sh*ts on Bosh

They are relatively new

Their coach isn't all that

They lack size compared to the alternatives

We split the series

We got more Knick fans in MIA than the Heat do

...and our guys deserve a couple days down in SOBE with the ladies (sorry LaLa).

Win or Lose I would rather the Heat, still hate Boston and I feel if anything a couple hard series would take a toll on their aged vets, making them victims in later rounds.

Your thoughts...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
For me I want the Heat over Boston, and its not even close....

I just cant stand Miami ever since Pat the Rat left us for them, which was the begining of one of the best rivalries in my time watching the Knicks and the NBA. Add the fact that LeBron chose to go there over NY, and it just makes for a great overall series not for just NY and MIA fans, but all NBA fans.

I also think we would have a better chance against Miami than against Boston (even if they dont have SHAQ) as Miami has a weak bench and they dont really have those big bodies that can/will dominate our small front court IMO. The Heat are really almost as unpredictable as us going into the playoffs as I could see the Heat smoke us and go on a major run to the finals, or I could even see them struggle to beat us by possibly going into a game 7 where anything can happen.

I know after the Perkins trade alot of fans are off the Boston bandwagon, but they are still extremley dangerous, IMO. I wouldnt be surprised to see Boston representing the East in the Finals again this year and are the favorites to win the East in my opinion, barring any serious injuries ofcourse.

I'd rather face MIA over BOS because of 1) Matchup's & B) Rivalries. Melo & Amare match up great against LeBron & Bosh at the SF & PF positions. The only advantage MIA has is Wade over Fields, which is a huge one, but stars are born during the playoffs; and Fields won't go down to Wade without a fight. After that? It's all NY. Bibby & Chalmers can't compete with Billups & Douglas. That horrid MIA bench cant COME CLOSE to being able to compete with TD23, Turiaf, Carter, Walker, Shawne, JJ & maybe even Brown if he's productive with his minutes from here on out. Shelden Williams over BIG-Z these days @ the Center position too. We'll run Big-Z off the floor that series. No way he'll be able to keep up with our constant offensive attack.

For the NY fans of the late 80's/early 90's? Chicago will always be our REAL rivals. Same goes for the Jets. MIA will become our TRUE rivals once NE dies. I'll always hate Reggie & INDY more than LeBron & MIA too. Spike & Miller went @ it. Reggie HaTeD NYC & MSG called him Cheryl

NY17

Benchwarmer
I'd rather face MIA over BOS because of 1) Matchup's & B) Rivalries. Melo & Amare match up great against LeBron & Bosh at the SF & PF positions. The only advantage MIA has is Wade over Fields, which is a huge one, but stars are born during the playoffs; and Fields won't go down to Wade without a fight. After that? It's all NY. Bibby & Chalmers can't compete with Billups & Douglas. That horrid MIA bench cant COME CLOSE to being able to compete with TD23, Turiaf, Carter, Walker, Shawne, JJ & maybe even Brown if he's productive with his minutes from here on out. Shelden Williams over BIG-Z these days @ the Center position too. We'll run Big-Z off the floor that series. No way he'll be able to keep up with our constant offensive attack.

For the NY fans of the late 80's/early 90's? Chicago will always be our REAL rivals. Same goes for the Jets. MIA will become our TRUE rivals once NE dies. I'll always hate Reggie & INDY more than LeBron & MIA too. Spike & Miller went @ it. Reggie HaTeD NYC & MSG called him Cheryl

B doesn't come after 1.

NY17

Benchwarmer
But trolls do come after shitty posters :lol:

He calls me a troll because "90% of my posts are in reply to him" ...I can't help it when 90% of the posts on KnicksOnline in the last month have been MADE by him. :-D

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
He calls me a troll because "90% of my posts are in reply to him" ...I can't help it when 90% of the posts on KnicksOnline in the last month have been MADE by him. :-D

But when your reply consists of nothing but pointing out an inconsequential error, you look like a pedantic asshat. Just saying, is all.

I voted for the Heat because I know Melo will be pumped up beyond belief to be taking on Lebron in an actual Playoff series. Not to mention the small rivalry we had in the past... :D

Red

TYPE-A
I'd rather face MIA over BOS because of 1) Matchup's & B) Rivalries. Melo & Amare match up great against LeBron & Bosh at the SF & PF positions. The only advantage MIA has is Wade over Fields, which is a huge one, but sItars are born during the playoffs; and Fields won't go down to Wade without a fight. After that? It's all NY. Bibby & Chalmers can't compete with Billups & Douglas. That horrid MIA bench cant COME CLOSE to being able to compete with TD23, Turiaf, Carter, Walker, Shawne, JJ & maybe even Brown if he's productive with his minutes from here on out. Shelden Williams over BIG-Z these days @ the Center position too. We'll run Big-Z off the floor that series. No way he'll be able to keep up with our constant offensive attack.

I think Anthony Carter & Douglas could limit Wades production. I could see a battle of egos between Wade and LeBron especially if things start to get hairy- a divide and conquer type of thing would be nice.

Also I see our Big 3 as FEARLESS. They say a man with nothing to lose has everything to gain. Well the pressure would be emmense, Bron will fold, dissention in the ranks will prevail.

All I ask for is to not go down without a fight- our Big 3 don't know how to back down. I want the Heat.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Heat or Boston? Either way the +/- against either is an imbalance for us.

Boston's size and experience.

Miami's 2 & 3 that play big in NY.

Boston's health issues.

Miami's smelly bench.

So it's pick your poison and perfume in either scenario.

I still have to go with Miami because our bench is better and they don't rebound as well as Boston. Even then I'm not set in stone on it.

smokes

Huge Member
I think it would be a lot better to play the Heat.

Our bench is better, our players match up against them better defensively, and our star players have a history of huge offensive games against big time opponents (who bigger than the big 3?). Stat has the most points in the fourth quarter of any player in the league this season and Melo is a known clutch performer as well as Billups. Lebron has hit a handful of big shots but he's nowhere near the clutch level of our players. Bosh is weak in the clutch. They only have Wade as a clutch scorer.

With Douglas, Billups, Melo, Stat on the floor we have FOUR clutch scoring options!

This Sunday is Celtics vs Heat, we have to hope the Celtics win tomorrow and Sunday and hope our win streak continues.

If we go through as the 6th who do we play in the 2nd round?

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;173097 said:
With Wade out, Miami's role players and bench did NOTHING in a loss to the Bucks tonight.

Yeah I watched... they look vulnerable.

Gonna be a lot of "nail biting" in two weeks, and not because the Knicks are nervous.

That Last three they hit was reminiscent of our play, wonder if they took a play out of our book?

p0nder

Starter
The loss to the bucks means that the celtics need to lose at least 2 times before the end of the season for the heat to get back the #2 spot.

It looks like miami will be our match up (unless we fall off and let the 6ers back in 6th). Getting pretty excited here. that will be the best 1st round match up in ages.