View Poll Results: WHO would you rather...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Heat?

    12 66.67%
  • The Celtics?

    2 11.11%
  • Doesn't matter, just happy to be here!

    4 22.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: I want the HEAT in Round One!

  1. #16
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I think it would be a lot better to play the Heat.

    Our bench is better, our players match up against them better defensively, and our star players have a history of huge offensive games against big time opponents (who bigger than the big 3?). Stat has the most points in the fourth quarter of any player in the league this season and Melo is a known clutch performer as well as Billups. Lebron has hit a handful of big shots but he's nowhere near the clutch level of our players. Bosh is weak in the clutch. They only have Wade as a clutch scorer.

    With Douglas, Billups, Melo, Stat on the floor we have FOUR clutch scoring options!

    This Sunday is Celtics vs Heat, we have to hope the Celtics win tomorrow and Sunday and hope our win streak continues.

    If we go through as the 6th who do we play in the 2nd round?

  2. #17
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    With Wade out, Miami's role players and bench did NOTHING in a loss to the Bucks tonight.

  3. #18
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    If we go through as the 6th who do we play in the 2nd round?
    its the winner of the 2-7 matchup so it would be one of these 3 Boston/Miami/Philly

  4. #19
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    With Wade out, Miami's role players and bench did NOTHING in a loss to the Bucks tonight.
    Yeah I watched... they look vulnerable.

    Gonna be a lot of "nail biting" in two weeks, and not because the Knicks are nervous.

    That Last three they hit was reminiscent of our play, wonder if they took a play out of our book?

  5. #20
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The loss to the bucks means that the celtics need to lose at least 2 times before the end of the season for the heat to get back the #2 spot.

    It looks like miami will be our match up (unless we fall off and let the 6ers back in 6th). Getting pretty excited here. that will be the best 1st round match up in ages.

  6. #21
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    The loss to the bucks means that the celtics need to lose at least 2 times before the end of the season for the heat to get back the #2 spot.

    It looks like miami will be our match up (unless we fall off and let the 6ers back in 6th). Getting pretty excited here. that will be the best 1st round match up in ages.

    7 out of 12 votes for MIA...

    I like the enthusiasm. C'mon, sound off, don't be scurred!

  7. #22
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Yeah I watched... they look vulnerable.

    Gonna be a lot of "nail biting" in two weeks, and not because the Knicks are nervous.

    That Last three they hit was reminiscent of our play, wonder if they took a play out of our book?
    We have nothing to lose if we face miami but if miami loses than everyone will bash lebron so hard and people will start questioning the big 3

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Angry Moving on up....to the next level

    The Poster of this thread never seen D.Wade & Lebron
    play at the "Next-Level" of B.Ball in the postseason.
    Welcome to the NBA

    It does not matter which of the top 4 teams in the EC we meet in
    the first round..... under celebrity coach Damnphony each of the
    4 oponents developed a chemistry to SWEEP Damnphony type of
    coaching in a series. There are just to many strategies to beat
    Damnphony in a series.

    Members in KO forum (just like other forums) will be calling-out
    Knick-Players for each loss. While never paying attention to our
    nonexisting formula of having any type of strategy.
    We have yet to develope a first-half or second-half strategy in
    the regular season, so a series is out of the question.

    I been watching Billups run on a switch in the paint to defend as
    if he is a bigman, which should be Amare or Melo duties to switch
    like Rasheed & Prince did in Detroit.

  9. #24
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Poster of this thread never seen D.Wade & Lebron
    play at the "Next-Level" of B.Ball in the postseason.
    Welcome to the NBA

    It does not matter which of the top 4 teams in the EC we meet in
    the first round..... under celebrity coach Damnphony each of the
    4 oponents developed a chemistry to SWEEP Damnphony type of
    coaching in a series. There are just to many strategies to beat
    Damnphony in a series.

    Members in KO forum (just like other forums) will be calling-out
    Knick-Players for each loss. While never paying attention to our
    nonexisting formula of having any type of strategy.
    We have yet to develope a first-half or second-half strategy in
    the regular season, so a series is out of the question.

    I been watching Billups run on a switch in the paint to defend as
    if he is a bigman, which should be Amare or Melo duties to switch
    like Rasheed & Prince did in Detroit.
    That's not true, I've seen them too much.

    This MIA team is primed for the taking, maybe not by us, but believe me every team they face will be seen as an underdog. The pressure is on them.

    Coaching will make a huge difference, and Spolstra is unproven. They've benn in semi-playoff atmospheres throughout the season, and they looked mediocre at best.

    Their egos will come into play as they are fragile. And facing a team like us with Melo who will beast on LeBron, and Stat who's not gonna back down, is the least of their worries if they plan on winning a chip. This may cause them to look past us.

    I can't gaurentee a win, but I know if we had 4 sure games to enter the ring with an opponent, we would like nothing more than to try and measure up against a newly formed, unsure, pressure filled team wit our stars.

    And who knows, maybe they're like soft bullies who can't take a punch. Let's see how they fare coming back to MSG series tied 1-1. Bedlam!

  10. #25
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Media Melo starring as 'The Iso King'

    Great article

    In the first half of the Raptors game Tuesday night, Melo connected on five 3-pointers (two in the first quarter; three in the second). He was so en fuego that he launched his last one from 30 feet and nailed it. Afterwards, as he was jogging back to the other end, he shrugged his shoulders like Michael Jordan did in Game 1 of the 1992 Finals after he made his sixth trey in the first half. A reporter asked Melo after the game if he was having a Jordan moment and he said, "No, no, that was a Melo moment."

    He followed up that performance with five 3s last night against the Sixers, with three of them coming in the third quarter. After the game, Melo, who's improved his 3-point shooting to 44 percent since he was traded, commented on what's changed: "In this system, the amount of 3s that we take as a team, and the fact that you have to take them if you are wide open, I think it forces you to go out there and practice on your off days and work on that shot. And you know, it's all about confidence, and now I know that those are going to be a lot of the shots that are open and I'm going to have to take that. I just started working on that a little bit more."

    Melo's form, range, precision and quick release are arguably the best shooting skills in the business out of any forward in the league. It's a stroke that's enabled him to become one of the most dangerous isolation players since his rookie year in 2003. Actually, when you look at this season's stats, Melo has been the most prolific (going strictly by points). Not only that, Amare Stoudemire, whose midrange jumpshot is money, is right up there with him. Not even LeBron James or Dwyane Wade are in the top five. Check it out.


    Points Off Isolation Plays This Season
    Points Points Per Play Field Goal Percentage
    Carmelo Anthony 615 0.90 39.5
    Kobe Bryant 601 1.01 44.2
    Amare Stoudemire 525 0.86 41.4
    Kevin Martin 422 1.04 39.8
    Kevin Durant 411 0.89 38.1

    Anthony and Stoudemire also lead the league in percent of individual plays in isolation, with Melo leading the league by a wide margin. Consider: No other team this season even has two players in the top 20 in percent of plays in isolation. The closest is the Thunder, who have Kevin Durant (24.7; 12th) and Russell Westbrook (20.9; 22nd).


    Percent Of Plays In Isolation This Season
    Player Percent
    Carmelo Anthony 37.0
    Amare Stoudemire 31.6
    Kobe Bryant 30.6
    Michael Beasley 30.4
    Tyreke Evans 29.9



    Teammates Percent Of Plays In Isolation Last 5 Seasons (minimum 200 plays)
    Season Team Player 1 Player 2
    2010-11 Knicks Carmelo Anthony (37.0; 1st) Amare Stoudemire (31.6; 2nd)
    2009-10 Nuggets Anthony (37.1; 2nd) Chauncey Billups (25.2; 13th)
    2008-09 Warriors Stephen Jackson (28.2; 7th) Corey Maggette (26.1; 10th)
    2007-08 Kings Ron Artest (26.9; 5th) John Salmons (25.2; 9th)
    2006-07 76ers Willie Green (28.1; 7th) Andre Iguodala (26.1; 14th)

    Source: Synergy Sports Technology

    While Melo's spot-up shooting numbers have dipped slightly since he arrived in New York, which reflects the adjustment period of joining a new team and learning your spots, he's still over 40% (48.2 FG% with the Nuggets vs. 40.5 FG% currently). He's also shooting 42.8 percent in the clutch (when neither team is ahead by more than five points with five minutes left in the fourth quarter or overtime) -- only a 3.0 decrease from his Nuggets' number.

    Melo needs to rub off on his Big Three teammates in two areas: Stoudemire's clutch shooting (53.4 to 36.8 percent since the All-Star break) and Chauncey Billups' spot-up shooting (44.7 to 26.5 percent since joining the Knicks).

    But the bottom line is this: Simply because the Knicks have two playoff-tested superstars who are isolation threats -- not to mention, a 2004 Finals MVP running the point -- they'll be the scariest team to face, besides the Heat, starting April 16th.

    Now imagine if it's a Knicks-Heat first-round matchup. Word is, Pat Riley has already been heard grinding his teeth.
    Where the f*ck are the votes? Let's go, sound off!

  11. #26
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Rose is destroying Rondo and the Celtics in the 1st quarter right now. If Boston lose this game then the Sunday game between the Celtics and Heat may just decide who we will face in the playoffs!

    Even with 4 games left theres a long way to go!

  12. #27
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Would love to take on the team I hate the most, and have hated since our rivarly in the 90s in the first round because I would love to see LeBron out in the first round after all that happened in the off-season last year. Not because he didn't choose the Knicks, but because of the way he did it, and, he chose the team I hate the most.

  13. #28
    Member NYKLiFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx,
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    7

    Default I Want Miami......

    Because it is destined it was the moment Lebiatch made "THE DECISION" and chose miami over NEW YORK wrong move on his part because not only did he ruin his legacy by going somewhere with an established Super Star In WADE he ruined any chance of winning a Chip. Do you see how the top teams play them their record is Weak yes Weak because 80% of their wins are from the lesser teams Im not going to get into the numbers we all know them. Give me the heat the Knicks are primed and ready and will show up for every minute of every game WE WILL ALL WITNESS the Heat go down and we will talk about it for the rest of our lives and tell our children and grand children about the year 2011 WHEN OUR NEW YORK KNICKS Went to the finals and Brung one home when no one believed.....I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES AND UPSETS DO YOU!!!!!!!!!

    KNICKS in 6
    Last edited by NYKLiFER; Apr 07, 2011 at 21:21. Reason: had to

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    That's not true, I've seen them too much.

    This MIA team is primed for the taking, maybe not by us, but believe me every team they face will be seen as an underdog. The pressure is on them.

    Coaching will make a huge difference, and Spolstra is unproven. They've benn in semi-playoff atmospheres throughout the season, and they looked mediocre at best.

    Their egos will come into play as they are fragile. And facing a team like us with Melo who will beast on LeBron, and Stat who's not gonna back down, is the least of their worries if they plan on winning a chip. This may cause them to look past us.

    I can't gaurentee a win, but I know if we had 4 sure games to enter the ring with an opponent, we would like nothing more than to try and measure up against a newly formed, unsure, pressure filled team wit our stars.

    And who knows, maybe they're like soft bullies who can't take a punch. Let's see how they fare coming back to MSG series tied 1-1. Bedlam!

    The Knicks just move into 6th place which gives us Boston or Miami in
    the the first round. The remaining 4 games on the schedule are against
    New Jersey, Indiana, Chicago, and Boston.
    The Nets are playing for a roster spot next season.
    The Pacers are playing to add more depth in the playoffs.
    The Bulls game will be national coverage.
    And Boston will be playing their deadline-deleted bench.

    The Knicks are still playing "one on one" & "man to man" 3-ball-offense.
    Melo vs Lebron (com'on) is like 40-60 with Lebron gettin a triple-double.
    The fragile egos are in New York with a aghaust Amare/injury sore Billups.
    Dont sleep on Miami bench in the postseason.

    There is a posibility the Knicks do get a win vs Miami.....
    Miami Big-3 may lose a game or two in the first round just to
    receive high-rating from the under-dog fans.
    Recall: The 2007-8 Boston Big-3.....went 7 games with Atlanta
    in the first round, then 7 games again with the Cavs in the 2nd round.
    But took care of bussiness in 6-games in the ECF and FINALS.
    Boston receive the highest ratings in every series that year.




    The Nets players will be playing hard for a spot on next season roster.

  15. #30
    Member NYallDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    i dont think theres one exact/perfect matchup for us. both teams present challenges
    Boston: to me has better depth, much better defense , championship level defense and experience. yes they are aging but i dont think they'll break down in the first round. i thnk if old age comes to bite them, its gonna be in the later rounds
    Miami: they're half court defense is great because they close out on shooters, plus either Dwade or Dwade's b**ch can go of for 35+. What hurts us the most with them is that we dont have guys who can defend either one by keeping them infront of them when they try to drive.

    Our strenghts are obviously melo, stat and cb4. i think the Heat are our best shot of getting out the first. just because shaq is/might be hurt, you cant count out the resilliency that they play with. There are gonna be games in the first round that the celtics win purely cuz of the defense. They play championship level defense and they're consistent at it. With the Heat, we know what their best shot is, and we can counter it. We just gotta play smart and not get ticky fouls that end up puttin our guys on the bench 4 mins into the first quarter.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2011, 08:36
  2. Every draft prospect who is IN and OUT
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2010, 20:28
  3. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 10:43
  4. Draft Night Grades
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2008, 11:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •