Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Knicks vs Overrated 76ers 4/6 7pm

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Smokes I agree... Both the team & coach are coming into their own on the defensive side of the ball. MDA stated the other day that offense comes easy to this team & defense is our ONLY focus right now. Everyone learns from their mistakes. MDA knows PHX never won a ring because of defense & now he's putting effort into making sure that doesn't happen with NY. Loving the way we're playing tough defense on the ROAD against a very good home team.

Contused right thigh for Billups. He'll be out for a while

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Smokes I agree... Both the team & coach are coming into their own on the defensive side of the ball. MDA stated the other day that offense comes easy to this team & defense is our ONLY focus right now. Everyone learns from their mistakes. MDA knows PHX never won a ring because of defense & now he's putting effort into making sure that doesn't happen with NY. Loving the way we're playing tough defense on the ROAD against a very good home team.
    I agree I just think we need a few good half court set plays to go to. We don't really play any effective designed plays. We have a few go to moves from different players you are seeing regularly the last few games. Like Fields going baseline. Stat/TD or Billups pick n roll. But most of our offense seems to come from improvised ball movement. Which is nice, but we need something to come out of time outs with in close games.

I can't believe Billups just got the same injury on his other leg. This is depressing... At least he will be rested for the playoffs let's just hope he is well enough adjusted to this team that missing a few games isn't going to kill the chemistry we've seen come to life over the last 4 and 3/4 games...

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Contused right thigh for Billups. He'll be out for a while
    Could take a week or two for him to be back

Originally Posted by GoNYK127
    He should be back for game 1.... Everyone pray!!!

Banned

Lets just hope this bruise isn't as bad as the last one. Ughh; depressed right now.

Dude Billups should really take the time to invest in thigh pads

Offensive Rebounding! What a rare occasion

Originally Posted by smokes
    Alluding back to what you were saying yesterday, it's kinda worrying that we are keeping ourselves afloat for the last 8 or so minutes on the court with 3 pointers and tough jumpshots.

I hope we are using practice time to work a bit on high percentage offensive plays which we will need to be proficient in a few of come playoff time.

However when Anthony just spots up from the same spot 3 times in a row you kinda feel like all 3 of those shots are going in... He's so deadly...
    Yeah. When he's on fire you've got to get him the ball. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Last night we were up 17, and while you want your players to enjoy it, you also want to find that continuity we've all been on about.

That, and you also want to maintain some offensive flow for Amar'e with plays set specifically for him to operate off movement. I liked that we looked for STAT in the post tonight. He didn't convert, but it's about time we included it in our offence. Especially since the trade.

Banned

13 point lead heading into the 4th & we better hold this lead or else tonight becomes a disaster thanks to Billups going down.

Hopefully he can get back for our final two games against CHI & BOS to shake off rust heading into the playoffs.

Not the end of the world though. A set back but not the end. TD23 gets a chance to gain more experience & Carter is a solid 3rd & now 2nd string. Still not happy but I'm looking forward to the defense of Toney Douglas.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Dude Billups should really take the time to invest in thigh pads
    LMAO! I'm pretty sure he was wearing them actually you can see it in the replay I think?

BTW @ KFFQ I think Derrick Brown is kinda like an underdeveloped Thaddeus Young who you can see kinda going to work right now. 6'8, athletic, can hit an open 3 (obviously if he's on this team!). But he is really really raw.

Originally Posted by GoNYK127
    Originally Posted by smokes
    He should be back for game 1.... Everyone pray!!!
    When he walked off he looked to be in better form than when he collided with Dwight Howard in Orlando.

All I'm concerned about is his returning form. After the last contusion he had, he came back and was a mess - temporarily.

He was orchestrating tonight, too.

We need his leadership on the court in the first round, but we need his production to tandem his leadership

Almost time to reinsert Melo

Banned

I would love to see Brown work out as a poor man's Young. We've done a really good job against Brand during the 2nd half. And crazy is right, like I said... Lets hope it wasn't as bad as his injury against ORL & Howard. He did look much better walking off.

Call a timeout please god.