Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: I Like Billups!

  1. #16
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Give it up TR1LL1ON. How about you take notes of his stats & list them during the games he was healthy. MIL, MIA, ORL & our last 5 games? Because it proves that fans who support Billups support him because he's a good PG. Felton was gone no matter what for Melo. Denver hated the idea of losing Billups. I'm thankful we stole him away as a piece that may have not been there. It was the Knicks who forced DEN to up their offer with Billups.

    Forget "stats". Anyone who watched the game last night loved the ball movement & we only had 2 turnovers last night. Once Billups went out? The offense started to struggle like never before & even blew a huge lead.

    Stop talking about his contract. He earned that contract from DEN due to his greatness with Detroit. Has nothing to do with the Knicks. Has Melo signed an extension with NY? Yes. Thats a NYK contract for Melo. Has NY extended the contract of Billups? My point exactly bro. No team will ever give a 35 year old PG 14-15 Million per. Thats damn near a MAX contract.
    "Forget stats" Okay dude. Stats mean nothing...

    Did you actually read what I wrote? Can you actually dispute a single thing I said besides somehow asserting that stats aren't important? Further I did post his stats when healthy and pointed out his 3 points on 1-7 shooting with 1 TO and ZERO assists prior to him being injured(healthy) in last nights game. We get it, you like Billups and that is fine but I did not state a single thing that was not FACTUAL.

    P.S. I will continue to talk about his contract since he is vastly overpaid for the production he brings. Further we have limited cap flexibility and it does not matter who inked the contract, the KNICKS and their limited cap are the ones responsible for paying it! The fact that you agree that a 35 year old PG with limited production should not get anywhere near MAX money is one of my main points so I'm not sure why you are arguing! Reread my post as I clearly state I am talking about what should be done AFTER this year moving forward. I have already made this crystal clear in multiple posts to you yet it seems you are still hellbent on continuing to talk passed one of the only posters left on this site you have yet to alienate!

  2. #17
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Just about everyone agrees that 14 mil is too much for Billups so can you PLEASE put that to rest now???

    So now your using this ONE game and referencing his stats before leaving for an injury to help validate your point? Funny dude.

    Did you even watch the game last night or did you just wake up to ESPN and study the box score? TD is clearly nowhere near ready to be a starting pg. If he isn't scoring, he has no clue how to run a smooth offense. That being said, I'm all for Billups being our pg at the most 1 or 2 more years (for a smaller salary).

    I guess you'd prefer to have Duhon back since he passes the ball but would also be a liabilty on offense in crunch time. lol
    My points are clear and I don't need to validate them by using those stats from last night but it was worth pointing out. Didn't you point out his one game when he got 9 assists? Do you think 3 points and ZERO assists through 2+ quarters is acceptable? Had we not been shooting lights out or had Philly not been missing so much that kind of production could have really hurt us. Yes it's one game but fits in an overall pattern of Billups entire career.

    I watched the entire game and further never made any mention of TD nor Duhon. Can you actually respond to what I write instead of making up strawman arguments to debate? It's ridiculous how you cannot respond in a thoughtful way on what is actually written and would rather go off on tangents about things you yourself made up in your head.

    The fact that you admit Billups is not worth the money he is making is validation enough of my points. Hoping he will somehow be amenable to being bought out, losing 11+ million dollars only to turn around and resign for less money with the team that just effed him on his money is an unknowable long shot that highlights the flaw in your line of thinking. It would be akin to me making a wild unknowable assertion that CP3 and Howard will restructure their deals and take less money to play for the Knicks and using that as a blueprint for moving forward.

  3. #18
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    My points are clear and I don't need to validate them by using those stats from last night but it was worth pointing out. Didn't you point out his one game when he got 9 assists? Do you think 3 points and ZERO assists through 2+ quarters is acceptable? Had we not been shooting lights out or had Philly not been missing so much that kind of production could have really hurt us. Yes it's one game but fits in an overall pattern of Billups entire career.

    I watched the entire game and further never made any mention of TD nor Duhon. Can you actually respond to what I write instead of making up strawman arguments to debate? It's ridiculous how you cannot respond in a thoughtful way on what is actually written and would rather go off on tangents about things you yourself made up in your head.

    The fact that you admit Billups is not worth the money he is making is validation enough of my points. Hoping he will somehow be amenable to being bought out, losing 11+ million dollars only to turn around and resign for less money with the team that just effed him on his money is an unknowable long shot that highlights the flaw in your line of thinking. It would be akin to me making a wild unknowable assertion that CP3 and Howard will restructure their deals and take less money to play for the Knicks and using that as a blueprint for moving forward.
    I swear your a f***** retard. You constantly try to control the way anyone responds to your posts. I reponded to what was written with no problem and when I was done added what you act ike you'd prefer instead based on all your rants about passing over scoring. Relevent? Absolutely!

    I've come to the conclusion that your not a true sports fan, but rather a wanna be master debater posing as one. The casual sports fan talks about issues and sometimes veer into other areas that are related. You wanna turn everything into debate class 101 and try to make everything perfect. That's not the reality when a bunch of people with their varied opinions discuss sports.

    Your a NERD trying to act like you know the game. Trust me, I know your type. Your perfect debate preferences (which by the way are always based on opinion) are better suited on a world affairs site.

  4. #19
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I swear your a f***** retard. You constantly try to control the way anyone responds to your posts. I reponded to what was written with no problem and when I was done added what you act ike you'd prefer instead based on all your rants about passing over scoring. Relevent? Absolutely!

    I've come to the conclusion that your not a true sports fan, but rather a wanna be master debater posing as one. The casual sports fan talks about issues and sometimes veer into other areas that are related. You wanna turn everything into debate class 101 and try to make everything perfect. That's not the reality when a bunch of people with their varied opinions discuss sports.

    Your a NERD trying to act like you know the game. Trust me, I know your type. Your perfect debate preferences (which by the way are always based on opinion) are better suited on a world affairs site.
    You're ma ma ma maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

    I'm nerd? As in smart, thanks. You are a dummy who TRIES to DEBATE but FAILS therefore must deflect and attack.

    I don't try to control you. I merely point out your flaws in the hopes to elevate the discussion. Sadly dummies as yourself look at intellect, facts, stats and proper debate etiquette as somehow a bad thing. Proper debate etiquette is not something to be scoffed at and is necessary when discussing or debating on a DISCUSSION FORUM in order to properly get your point across. Hence why you constantly fail and come across as a junior high school dropout. SMFH

    Oh and allow me to educate you another concept that obviosuly alludes you...IRONY. It IRONIC that you accuse me of trying to control what you post AFTER the following exchange between us in another thread:

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Why is it so difficult for you to at least point out the fact that a play should have been run from the bench ie COACH. Dantoni did nothing. Not even a timeout to get the troops together while PHI was on that crazy run. IS it not the coach's job, especially when our starter goes down, to help facilitate things with a few plays?
    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I was talking about Amare and our lack of a playmaking PG. If you wish to talk about the coach you are free to do so. Stop trying to tell me what I should post and do you dude.
    Since I'm sure you are too stupid to see why this is IRONIC allow me to explain. You are accusing me of the very thing I pointed out that you were doing...hence the IRONY.

    I hope you are writing this all down as it may help you if you want to change careers from your current crash test dummy job.



    ^^nyk_nyk frustrated at his computer after trying to debate me

    D
    U
    M
    M
    Y
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Apr 07, 2011 at 11:49.

  5. #20
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I like billups. He's a good guard with a good pedigree. He takes responsibility and never shy's from the important game or shot or decision.

    I don't think he's worth the 14 mill. but then i don't think ANYONE is worth 14 million dollars a year. Billups would be smart to stay with the knicks, regardless of making 14 million or taking a more reasonable 2 year 10 million dollar contract. I think the knicks will keep him as i expect that the run we make this playoffs will be enough for EVERYONE to want melo, billups and amar'e to play together for a while.

  6. #21
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    I like billups. He's a good guard with a good pedigree. He takes responsibility and never shy's from the important game or shot or decision.

    I don't think he's worth the 14 mill. but then i don't think ANYONE is worth 14 million dollars a year. Billups would be smart to stay with the knicks, regardless of making 14 million or taking a more reasonable 2 year 10 million dollar contract. I think the knicks will keep him as i expect that the run we make this playoffs will be enough for EVERYONE to want melo, billups and amar'e to play together for a while.
    Good post.

    This is the reason why Trill would rather focus on the finer points of a debate. Hardly anyone agrees with him when it comes to Billups ability to be the starting PG on this team past this year.

    He's alone on this so he has to try that much harder. Oh and please Trill no mentioning of the contract because as I and others have already mentioned, WE DON'T THINK HE'S WORTH 14 MIL (please leave that aspect of it alone already). However, we'd happily accept him for a lower salary.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Buy out his 14M contract for 2M. Sign him to 5M & thats a savings of 7M.

    TD23 would also have an entire playoffs (this year), a full offseason of working with Billups, all of next season + next years playoffs of learning behind one hell of a veteran PG. That could become a blessing for both the Knicks & especially TD23 himself. We've all seen his raw talents, but as of right now? The sky is the limit for Toney Douglas being DEVELOPED behind two excellent leaders of the PG position in Mike D'Antoni & Chauncey Billups.

    Move Turiaf on draft night for a late 1st, early 2nd rounder or to trade up to draft Kenneth Faried. If Turiaf picks up his player-option worth 4M? Thats a saving of 11M with Billups & Turiaf combined.

    I'd hate to lose Turiaf as a high energy guy but he'd be replaced by a proven FA starting Center. That 11M is savings could be enough for Marc Gasol & no question DeAndre Jordan.

    C- Gasol / Shelden
    PF- Amare / Faried
    SF- Melo / Shawne
    SG- Fields / Walker
    PG- Billups / TD23

    Instant Contender

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Buy out his 14M contract for 2M. Sign him to 5M & thats a savings of 7M.

    TD23 would also have an entire playoffs (this year), a full offseason of working with Billups, all of next season + next years playoffs of learning behind one hell of a veteran PG. That could become a blessing for both the Knicks & especially TD23 himself. We've all seen his raw talents, but as of right now? The sky is the limit for Toney Douglas being DEVELOPED behind two excellent leaders of the PG position in Mike D'Antoni & Chauncey Billups.

    Move Turiaf on draft night for a late 1st, early 2nd rounder or to trade up to draft Kenneth Faried. If Turiaf picks up his player-option worth 4M? Thats a saving of 11M with Billups & Turiaf combined.

    I'd hate to lose Turiaf as a high energy guy but he'd be replaced by a proven FA starting Center. That 11M is savings could be enough for Marc Gasol & no question DeAndre Jordan.

    C- Gasol / Shelden
    PF- Amare / Faried
    SF- Melo / Shawne
    SG- Fields / Walker
    PG- Billups / TD23

    Instant Contender
    Turiaf for a late first? Absolutely no chance of any team trading a first round pick for Turiaf.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I also said a 2nd rounder or trade Turiaf & our 1st to move up to around 12-14 to land Faried (Nations leading rebounder).

  10. #25
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Buy out his 14M contract for 2M. Sign him to 5M & thats a savings of 7M.

    TD23 would also have an entire playoffs (this year), a full offseason of working with Billups, all of next season + next years playoffs of learning behind one hell of a veteran PG. That could become a blessing for both the Knicks & especially TD23 himself. We've all seen his raw talents, but as of right now? The sky is the limit for Toney Douglas being DEVELOPED behind two excellent leaders of the PG position in Mike D'Antoni & Chauncey Billups.

    Move Turiaf on draft night for a late 1st, early 2nd rounder or to trade up to draft Kenneth Faried. If Turiaf picks up his player-option worth 4M? Thats a saving of 11M with Billups & Turiaf combined.

    I'd hate to lose Turiaf as a high energy guy but he'd be replaced by a proven FA starting Center. That 11M is savings could be enough for Marc Gasol & no question DeAndre Jordan.

    C- Gasol / Shelden
    PF- Amare / Faried
    SF- Melo / Shawne
    SG- Fields / Walker
    PG- Billups / TD23

    Instant Contender
    Well we can only speculate seeing as a new CBA is on the horizon.

    Although, I don't. Believe its a coincidence that Dougie has performed better with Billups as a mentor, especially from 3pt distance. He needs to learn the true nuances of being a pg, which is feel for the game, an smart decisions.

    Yes, CB only had only 3pts before getting injured- yet we were +19 with him doing so. That says a lot.

    And remember Felt was on the books for $6mil (I believe) so that has to be taken into account next year.

    Let's hope there's even bb next year too- this could all be moot.

  11. #26
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^ have been avoiding the possibility of a lock out because that would be DEVESTATING to this team, for the love of god, everyone pray to GOD ALLAH, THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER, THE DALI LAMA and grover that this does not happen.

  12. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Stats do matter, but not with last night's situation.

    Not when Billups was running an excellent offensive attack & the offensive flow of the game was perfect.

    "Stats"? I don't need to look @ the box-score, I seen the game; & seen EXACTLY what happened after CB got hurt.

    Up by 19 & CRUSHING with CB. TD23 had much better #'s than Billups, but numbers never tell the truth or the whole story. I've loved TD23 since his FSU days (my team), I enjoy his talents & potential & look forward to his future with the Knicks; but that still doesn't change the fact he's a 3 on a scale of 1-10 when compared to CB in terms of running, leading & controlling an offense from the PG position.

    Only two turnovers last night. The ball movement was excellent with CB running point. CB wasn't looking to score, & instead, was passing to the man that actually passed to another player for an easy assist. Even Amare had like 7 or 8 assist's night. The ball movement & flow was awsome with Billups running a strong half court offense.

  13. #28
    Member JeffVanGundyPLEASE!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    unfortunately i was in the hospital these last couple of days but just reading trillions rants i cant help but crack a smile

    I understand where he is coming from going on about how aged veteran pg is not worth 14-15 mil per year for the future of the knicks because "stats don't show" he is worth the money however, i was able to watch knicks in 60 when i got home and from my assessment i feel the point about the value of billups stats aside has been missed

    For all the statics and advance metrics and show its dosent show the intangibles that billiups brings to this team, as repeated before everyone agreees at his age billups is certanilty not worth that much and cerneltay not for 14-15 per but to to go off on a tangent and say he is not the correct pg for this job how so? The man sat out for quite sometime due to a deep thigh bruise came back and oghrestates our offense quite well now that he is building chemistry with the team keep in mind it took felton some time as well

    This offense is predicated on ball movement and taking the best available open shot. I like the way billups sets up the half court offense/ with dribble penetration, either looking for the pnr if the defense gives it to him looks for melo or stat in the iso creates for himself then the kcik out to the open shooter, or keeps the flow of the offense at times it becomes stagnant but he always seems to make the savvy intelligent move not every possession but most....im sorry your not going to get that with TD23 he often flounders on the perimeter that's and has trouble orchestrating the offensive making sure players are in correct position to receive the ball. To me i feel he just looks for the 3 ball more than anything instead of breaking the defense down the way billups does which led to various 24 sec violations

    Does Billups take ill advised shots at times , most of the times he makes them,..yes but you have to ask your self why......its to keep the opposing teams defense honest we do have a triple scoring threats in melo stat and billups he is making everyone around him thrive that's why you need him on our team, thats why i feel for the next year or two he will be fine for a reasonable price

Similar Threads

  1. Do we pick up Billups $14M option for next season?
    By JoHnNyBoXeR in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2011, 18:34
  2. Billups: I hope to be a Knick in 2012
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2011, 09:44
  3. Let The Billups Debate begin!!!!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2011, 11:14
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 13, 2011, 11:36
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2008, 21:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •