Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally World a Knick???

Default Wally World a Knick???

I just saw this...does anyone know anything about it????

The T-Wolves are considering trading Wally Szczerbiak and the $55 million he has remaining on his contract for the next five years to the Knicks for 33-year-old Kurt Thomas.
    -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

no i would not do that. fist of all wally has had injurys and the knicks dont want more of that. and 2nd the most important thing is if we trade kurt this will be a very small team. we need size. we traded deke and the other tall guys. we need height and trade kurt for wally would be a mistake.

i found an interesting article on that on twincities.com the article needs registration so i'll just pot the most important paragraphs:

Now that the Timberwolves have officially signed point guard Troy Hudson, don't be surprised if they trade Wally Szczerbiak and the $55 million he has remaining on his contract for the next five years to the New York Knicks for 6-foot-9, 230-pound Kurt Thomas, who is 33.

With Hudson back and healthy, Szczerbiak, 27, is making too much money to justify the relatively limited playing time he would be expected to get alongside Trenton Hassell, Sam Cassell, Fred Hoiberg and Latrell Sprewell. Szczerbiak was raised in New York.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    a deal like this would have suited nice a while ago, but now it won't help at all..

wally is not what the knicks need we need a big man.trading away kurt for wally doesnt make much sense unless a third that has a usable big man is involved like wally to golden state,kurt to minnasota,and dampier to us unless it that trade. i would nt do it

This doesnt make sense. We have a 3 guard rotation and TT/Penny at the small forward. Right now, Nazr, Baker, Sweetny, Kurt, JYD is an adequate front line. Trading one of them for Wally would make it belwoe average.

Wally Szczerbiak is soft! Why would anyone take a bloated contract we could never get rid of. Kurt Thomas has been over the past few seasons a reliable Knick, and the only guy that really seems to want to rebound. We get Szczerbiak, and goodbye playoffs. That like a mini KVH. Kurt plays D, Wally's a sieve.

I don't see any sense in this trade from a Knick standpoint...unless a third team got involved...but who would want Wally for that contract? Has Scott Layden taken over a team again?????

Rumors are rumors.. Treat it as that. Theres alot of fuss being made about this topic.

Trust me, Isiah is not stupid enough to do it.

Good point e_D this is just a bad rumor...maybe IT is putting it out there to get Golden State going on a sign and trade...at least that will be my new spin on this whole Wally thing

That would be a great deal for the Wolves and a horrible deal for the Knicks. Kurt Thomas is a valuable big man in the East. Why would the Knicks want a starting SF, when they already have Tim Thomas, unless Isiah is planning on moving Tim. Having Wally come off the bench would be a waste and same goes for Tim. This deal would make no sense at all for the Knicks.

How about we try to get a 3 team deal working and get rid of Allan Houston or Hardaway for Wally?.

Trading H20 and Penny is tough... remember the contract issues.

And lets all remember.. The wolves "Offered" the Knicks have not agreed on anything so settle down

Kurt got mad heart I would hate to see him get traded for Wally which been injured lately. Anyways its just a rumor. I seriously would rather see the Knicks keep Kurt and then get a center when they get some money to play with when pennie's contract expires.

Originally Posted by nycefnl
    How about we try to get a 3 team deal working and get rid of Allan Houston or Hardaway for Wally?.
    I'll pass. I'd take a healthy (maybe even a hobbled) H20 over Wally anyday. While alot of ppl have been hating on H20 recently, I appreciate what he's done for our team, and still think he's got something left in him.

Penny, while no where what he used to be is still a key contributor, has a basketball mind and can lead by experience if need be.

All that being said, what about Wally? When he's not riding the bench with an injury, he'll ride the bench to come in and drop anywhere from 10-20, 25 on a good night. We dont need this guy, we're good with what we got.

I say we should trade KT and Moochie for Wally.

Our team could have a LOADED 10-man lineup:

PG:Marbury/Penny
    SG:Houston/Crawford
    SF:T.Thomas/Szczerbiak
    PF:Sweetney/JYD
    C: Mohammed/Baker

I would much rather give each frontcourt player around 24 minutes per game rather than have Kurt Thomas take around 34 minutes per game.

KT got exposed in the Nets series, it's time to trade him and move on from him. Sweetney and Baker deserved more minutes.

If Sweetney explodes next season, this team is definitely a contender.

With a lineup like this, no player would ever get tired.

Our backcourt will compliment the frontcourt.

The rebounding and defense will be covered by the frontcourt. The offense could be covered by the backcourt.