Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Some say TD23 doesn't have what it takes or the potential to become a starting PG...

TD doesn't need to turn into Steve Nash, you don't see Billups,Parker ,and Baron Davis averaging 10 assists per game and by learning from Billups,TD will become a solid pg.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Exactly Amare. It's more than just CB4 though; it's MDA & CB4 both developing, teaching & showing him the ropes of the NBA. It's already starting to pay off during the 1st year that he's gained & earned playing time. He could be on the verge of improving big time.

Another strong game for TD23. Bad NJ team with D-Will or no D-Williams.... We were also without Amare but that couldn't stop Douglas from putting up 10 points, 4 boards & NINE assist's (as a backup to Billups who put up I believe 20+ points). TD23 had 5 assist's alone heading into the half. Also had at least 2 or 3 nice passes that led to another pass for an assist from the guy he led the ball to in the first place.

I dream of a top 15-10 defense with our offensive attack. TD23 is the PG I want. He could seriously become an All-NBA 1st team defensive player out of the PG position; his defense is that good.

Douglas is also starting to see the court, react & read opposing D's much better too. He's made some OUTSTANDING passes as of late!

Recently Douglas has finally stopped looking for his shot too much. Again, that was RECENTLY. Already he has developed some fancy passing (in a good way) and some play making. To go from looking to pass to making plays in such a short amount of time is impressive. Scorer, passer, AND defender? Has a lot of potential.

KFFQ, please stop calling Billups CB4. Reminds me of Bosh lol.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Don't let it get to you Jumper... We all know CB4 is the real CB4. The other "CB4" can only dream of leading his team to a chip as a Finals MVP ahah.

I agree with everything you've stated. He's developing, progressing & improving by the week/month. He's starting to pass more instead of taking foolish shot attempts. He's begining to see the floor better with court vision & he's also starting to look for the easy passes a lot more. As we've both mentioned? Kid is starting to drop some DIMES with excellent play-making passes. His talent, heart, skill set, ability, potential & fight is scary good for only a 2nd year player! He can drive & finish @ the rim. He has passing ability. He's an explosive scorer & also plays defense like them throw-back Knicks of the 90's that I loved.

Even during his off night during the 2nd half vs Philly... He still came up clutch & saved his best for last scoring 7 under 1:45. Draining those pressure free throws were key. He's all NY heart & will never quit on himself or a game.