This Could Be Us One Day So Support These Guys!

la2ny

Starter
NY Support These Guys!

Hopefully you all know the story by now, if not watch Sonicsgate on YT. Any city can lose it's team in this NBA climate we have.

Its sad how Howard Shultz still hasn't even put something in the newspaper of why he sold the team to Clay Bennett instead of Steve Ballmer. He also didn't explain why he just decided one morning to drop his lawsuit against the OKC Group buying the team.

This is a coward of a man to not own up to what happened by resulting to throwing someone else out just by having Sonics gear on. Now I ask you Knicks fans, wouldn't you do the same if James Dolan sold the team to someone in Kansas City and they moved them?

Last edited:

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Hopefully you all know the story by now, if not watch Sonicsgate on YT. Any city can lose it's team in this NBA climate we have.

Its sad how Howard Shultz still hasn't even put something in the newspaper of why he sold the team to Clay Bennett instead of Steve Ballmer. He also didn't explain why he just decided one morning to drop his lawsuit against the OKC Group buying the team.

This is a coward of a man to not own up to what happened by resulting to throwing someone else out just by having Sonics gear on. Now I ask you Knicks fans, wouldn't you do the same if James Dolan sold the team to someone in Kansas City and they moved them?

That would never happen .. Because from a business perspective why would you move the franchise from the biggest city in the country to another place in the country?? If a guy was smart enough to make enough money to be able to buy the team.. They wouldnt be stupid enough to move the team away from NYC with a fan base that still had the Knicks ticket sales top 5 in the league during 20 something win seasons

la2ny

Starter
That would never happen .. Because from a business perspective why would you move the franchise from the biggest city in the country to another place in the country?? If a guy was smart enough to make enough money to be able to buy the team.. They wouldnt be stupid enough to move the team away from NYC with a fan base that still had the Knicks ticket sales top 5 in the league during 20 something win seasons
Hypothetical situation I was providing so we could relate.

I mean honestly did it make sense to go from the 13th largest market to the 35th when that team had 41 years of history where it was with a really passionate fanbase?

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Hypothetical situation I was providing so we could relate.

I mean honestly did it make sense to go from the 13th largest market to the 35th when that team had 41 years of history where it was with a really passionate fanbase?

I hear ya but.. I dont want anyone to worry about the KNicks possibly moving because it aint gonna happen.. and the nics at that time were not doing good financially at that time.. Sonics were bad for a while and Seattle s the type of city that doesnt hold tgheir teams down when they suck for a while.. look at the seattle mariners.. they talk about moving them all the time

Kiyaman

Legend
Take a Bussiness management class.....

The Knicks are.....the Wall st. Mecca of Basketball who "gross" in the
top-3 highest $$$-made teams in the league the past decade with
consistent losing seasons, paying the highest luxury tax.

The poster of this thread is thinking Kansas.....when the population of
upper middle-class income families in Brooklyn out ways the state of Kansas.

la2ny

Starter
Guys you are missing the point Im making with the OP. This wasn't to start a debate as to why NY will always have a team or why NY isn't Kansas City. Im only making an example of the Sonics fan in the videos situation. I asked if that was Dolan would you do the same?

Im Just asking you to support these guys because that was one of the many wrongs the NBA has made over the last decade. Moving the Sonics, the Hornets from Charlotte, expanding to 30 teams, and ref scandals are just some of the mistakes.

Just got done watching thw whole documentary. That was really sad. It just goes to show you no matter what you do the game is run by rich white men in suits.

I get where your coming from but the Knicks are never leaving the bright lights of Manhattan with the worlds most famous arena of Madison Square Garden. The Knicks will always be New York. Silly to even think they'll ever move.

If anything, you should feel bad for the NJ Nets fans who are losing their franchise NJ for their hated rivals of New York. That would make any true Nets fan turn their back on the NBA until the day they die.

Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bulls
New York Knicks

Those are the 4 major huge NBA marketing teams. They'll always be in their respected cities until the NBA is no more.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
Yeah, I don't think the Knicks are going anywhere for a long time. If they can be a consistent playoff team they'll get more national media.

la2ny

Starter
KFFQ and Harsh read my last post. I clearly stated what my intentions were with the post. I wasn't trying to stir up the Knicks leaving debate. Everyone knows media market,MSG, etc., etc.

Just support Sonics fans and the city of Seattle.
www.SonicsCentral.com

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
I get where your coming from but the Knicks are never leaving the bright lights of Manhattan with the worlds most famous arena of Madison Square Garden. The Knicks will always be New York. Silly to even think they'll ever move.

If anything, you should feel bad for the NJ Nets fans who are losing their franchise NJ for their hated rivals of New York. That would make any true Nets fan turn their back on the NBA until the day they die.

Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bulls
New York Knicks

Those are the 4 major huge NBA marketing teams. They'll always be in their respected cities until the NBA is no more.

Well in fairness the Nets started out in New York

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'll give you a personal perspective. I was born in NJ and lived here all my my life. I'm not as much of a fan of them as the Knicks, but they are one of my teams. Obviously being a big Knicks fan and living in New Jersey the cross-river rivalry means nothing to me.

I don't want them to move to Brooklyn. I'm a fan of the Nets because of them being in New Jersey. They even removed the name New Jersey from the jerseys and court.

They should have moved New Jersey to The Prudential Center a long time ago.

I don't know why there needs needs to be another team in New York City. Brooklyn is IN New York City. The Knicks have that covered.

Also, I loved the Hornets since the days of Muggsy Bogues, my favorite player. Even though I'm still a fan of them and watch them a lot, it's not the same. If it wasn't for me having no ties to Charlotte I don't know how I'd feel. New Orleans seems like a nice place and all, and still has sweet colors, but they've dropped the original Hugo The Hornet, dropped the teal, etc.

We're fortunate to be fans of the Knicks. I feel bad for any fan and city who loses their team.

p0nder

Starter
I hope the Hornets move to Seattle. They really deserve a team. There like the old Dodger fans after the Dodgers left BK to go to LA.

I agree and think this is one way the NBA can do right by the fans. Seattle is one of the larger markets, could certainly support the team and have the infrastructure to do so. While OKC is a great city and now a blossoming franchise in it's own right, the city of Seattle and the history contained there deserve recognition and redemption.

I don't really care about sonicsgate or any of that bullshit, it's a business and that is the reality of things. But certainly an opportunity is presenting itself here for the league to do something tremendous for the fans of the game, the city of seattle and the game of basketball as an integrable sport. It would be one of the feel good stories that could help Stern cement his legacy as a pragmatic businessman while also showing that he cares about the fans.

And no, of course the Knicks would never leave. Along with the Lakers and Celtics we are almost guaranteed to never lose our team.

After watching this movie i feel bad for Seattle fans i mean i was stationed there during this time and i knew talks were going on about getting a new building and them possibly leaving and ownership threatening to leave to get a new building built like every owner in major sports trying to hold a city hostage i never knew they would actually pack the team up and leave

I didnt know it was that in depth I hope Stern does right b thse fans and grants them their Sonics back thats truly messed up If OKC wante a franchise that bad they should of jsut gone thru expansion..i mean to this day is still refer to the thunder as the OKC Supersonics it just dose not feel right to have an NBA without them

I know that the Maloofs are wanting to remove the SAC Kings to Anehiem so i guess this is de ja vu again but if fans don't stand up for their franchise until the 11th hour what do you expect, but i hope this dosn't happen to the Kings which is seems has already happened

la2ny

Starter
I know that the Maloofs are wanting to remove the SAC Kings to Anehiem so i guess this is de ja vu again but if fans don't stand up for their franchise until the 11th hour what do you expect, but i hope this dosn't happen to the Kings which is seems has already happened
But see thats where the problem lies. If the teams are in small markets they aren't going to have the money and infrastructure NY or some big city has. The Kings were the only major draw in Sac-Town for 26 years. They are small market and are cashed strapped in California who's in a defecit. The owners basically tell fans of cities build an arena or we're gone and thats ****ed up. How are these people who are tired of being taxed to death in these small markets supposed to build these 500 million dollar arenas they want because the leagues model is so broken they have to have other revenue streams or they cant survive. There is no reason why they shouldn't have money stored somewhere when ever a team needs a new arena built.

The Kings and Sonics basically had the same theme to them. Break up a pretty great core because you don't want to pay for a great product, fans lose interest because they suck so the owners use that as an excuse to the rest of the league that they don't support their team, then say build us a new arena because we don't want to be here anymore.