Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Where Art Thou Amar'eo?

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Where Art Thou Amar'eo?

    CAN I PLAY WITH YOU GUYS?


    Our cornerstone and leader, Amar'e Stoudemire, doesn't have a set play in crunch time of a big game? Does that seem a bit odd to you?


    It does to me!

    Where was STAT, on the offensive end, in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter in what very nearly became one of the most disappointing losses of the season?

    He made 2 crucial defensive plays in the last 6 minutes of the game. Plays worthy of reciprocating an opportunity to once again deliver offensively with momentum on his side.

    You'd have to assume there was something amiss, wouldn't you? Something a bit awry about the factor of him being a non-factor.

    There was something amiss. Actually it was one thing amiss, and another that went missing.

    #1 Was the fact that Billups suffered a contusion to his right thigh and did not return to the game after his assessment. The result of his absence was the quick precipitation of our team offence as Toney Douglas, who as good as he was, is and can be, is not a point guard.

    #2 Was the fact - and will remain the fact without adulteration - that this team doesn't run plays for STAT to get the ball in a motion set with the opportunity - provided by design or created by himself - to be aggressive offensively. Why!? WTF!?

    Now before I go on, I'd like to say that I know my complaints (especially in game threads) become irritating, but if I see an issue, I stomp it! And this, to me, is a big warty, poopy, smelly issue.

    To really drive my point across, I went back and watched the 4th quarter of yesterday's game on my computer for the sake of backing up my claim. I've broken the quarter in to quarters: 4 3 minute sections separated in specific categories. Keep in mind that for the majority of the time, Amar'e was being guarded by Maurice Speights

    Here 'tis

    Minutes 12-9

    Legitimate Scoring Touches/Opportunities: 3

    Transition/Non Scoring Touches/Touches On Bad Possessions: 1 - Transition skip pass.

    Missed P&R Touches: 1 - off 1 pick


    Minutes 9-6

    Legitimate Scoring Touches/Opportunities: 1 - Called for a charge

    Transition/Non Scoring Touches/Touches On Bad Possessions: 1 got the ball with 2 on the clock for a brick. Almost got T7d for throwing the ball.

    P&R Passes/Opportunities: 1 - off 1 pick

    Overlooked On The High Post: 1

    mins 6-3: 15-4 run for Philly

    Legitimate Scoring Touches/Opportunities: 1 - 2 seconds left on the 24

    Missed P&R Touches/Opportunities: 1

    Transition/Non Scoring Touches/Touches On Bad Possessions: 1 - 3 point shot with 2 left on the 24.

    Missed High Post/Low post Opportunities: 1 - posted up once

    ● During this span we had 3 24 second violations and a turnover resulting in 7 points from Philly.

    Minutes 3-1: Lost lead on another TO at approx 2:50 (Meeks)

    Legitimate Scoring Touches: 0

    Missed P&R Opportunities: 2

    Missed High Post/Post Opportunities: 1 - high post

    FT attempts in 4th quarter by Captain STAT: 0

    NYK FGs Made in the 4th quarter: 2.

    NYK 3FGs made in the 4th quarter: 3


    WHEW!

    So how's that? That is not embellished in any way, either.

    ★ So what do you have to say about that knicksonline.com?

    We didn't run a play for Amar'e - leading 4th quarter scorer in the NBA - in the last 6 minutes of another game that almost slipped away from us in an attempt to relieve the very team we were playing of 6th seed.


    Are we really going to talk about jelling after 20+ games? Really?


    That's not cutting the mustard. I get that when the cogs are moving in the offence that MD's system really, really is successful.

    But come on! Draw up a play for Amar'e! Sheesh!

  2. #2
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    He got injjured. There saying he might miss the game friday. Billups to.

  3. #3
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    There's no way you just read all that!

    He looked alright on the defensive end

  4. #4
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Not to beat a dead horse but I have been saying that Amare relies on a PG who can get him the ball in his sweet spots. This thread is a perfect example of how Amare's game can be nullified in crunch time with out the ability of a playmaker who can penetrate and hit Amare in motion. Without that Amre is relegated to a jump shot from the perimeter since teams look to double him when the game is on the line forcing other players to beat them. Fortunately we have Melo who is a true ISO player that can score without being fed the ball in motion.

  5. #5
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Not to beat a dead horse but I have been saying that Amare relies on a PG who can get him the ball in his sweet spots. This thread is a perfect example of how Amare's game can be nullified in crunch time with out the ability of a playmaker who can penetrate and hit Amare in motion. Without that Amre is relegated to a jump shot from the perimeter since teams look to double him when the game is on the line forcing other players to beat them. Fortunately we have Melo who is a true ISO player that can score without being fed the ball in motion.
    So are you saying that STAT and Melo/Douglas/Fields are incapable of any sort of symbiosis on the offensive end?

    And isn't Amar'e an ISO capable player?

    Can't we run a V Cut for our Captain?

    Post him up on a deliberate mismatch?

    ie: Run a play.

  6. #6
    Member NYallDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    i agree that TD is not a pure 1 and so he probably missed stat in some situations late in the game. but stat's game by definition is effective either in pick and roll or motion. if those 2 arent available he'll have to settle for a elbow jumper from 16ft out....and no knock on stat but we have a gunner who specialty is that midrange game so i'd rather have melo take that midrange shot.

  7. #7
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    So are you saying that STAT and Melo/Douglas/Fields are incapable of any sort of symbiosis on the offensive end?

    And isn't Amar'e an ISO capable player?

    Can't we run a V Cut for our Captain?

    Post him up on a deliberate mismatch?

    ie: Run a play.
    Capable? Sure, he is an elite athlete and star and could be capable of just about anything. He could be capable of shooting the 3 pointer nightly but I don't think anyone would advocate that. It's about maximizing what stars do best and Amare is one of the best finishers in the game. He is not a back to the basket post player and his face the basket ISO game often leads to a turnover.

    For Amare to truly be effective beyond the mid range jumper especially in crunch time when the defense is locked in he needs a PG that can get him the ball in motion in the PnR or after breaking down the defense. I base that assertion on Amare's entire career and how he struggled early this season before Felton settled into the offense.

  8. #8
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYallDay
    i agree that TD is not a pure 1 and so he probably missed stat in some situations late in the game. but stat's game by definition is effective either in pick and roll or motion. if those 2 arent available he'll have to settle for a elbow jumper from 16ft out....and no knock on stat but we have a gunner who specialty is that midrange game so i'd rather have melo take that midrange shot.

    Perfect post that echoes what I have said time and again. Welcome to KO.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    He was HURT! If he didn't turn his ankle, sure I feel you. But they're saying he's even questionable for tomorrow's game against NJ, so it must have been enough to keep him in check during those last 6 min.

    People on here are worse than the media, I swear if some of you wrote for the papers, we would be DOOMED. That's what online forums are for though!! =)

  10. #10
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Capable? Sure, he is an elite athlete and star and could be capable of just about anything. He could be capable of shooting the 3 pointer nightly but I don't think anyone would advocate that. It's about maximizing what stars do best and Amare is one of the best finishers in the game. He is not a back to the basket post player and his face the basket ISO game often leads to a turnover.

    For Amare to truly be effective beyond the mid range jumper especially in crunch time when the defense is locked in he needs a PG that can get him the ball in motion in the PnR or after breaking down the defense. I base that assertion on Amare's entire career and how he struggled early this season before Felton settled into the offense.
    Why is it so difficult for you to at least point out the fact that a play should have been run from the bench ie COACH. Dantoni did nothing. Not even a timeout to get the troops together while PHI was on that crazy run. IS it not the coach's job, especially when our starter goes down, to help facilitate things with a few plays?

  11. #11
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Why is it so difficult for you to at least point out the fact that a play should have been run from the bench ie COACH. Dantoni did nothing. Not even a timeout to get the troops together while PHI was on that crazy run. IS it not the coach's job, especially when our starter goes down, to help facilitate things with a few plays?
    I was talking about Amare and our lack of a playmaking PG. If you wish to talk about the coach you are free to do so. Stop trying to tell me what I should post and do you dude.

  12. #12
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I criticized Amar'e a couple of weeks ago and got crucified for it.

  13. #13
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Only thing I have noticed drop off about Amar'e is his 4th quarter scoring. I don't know if it is fatigue or what, but he was leading the league in 4th qt. points earlier this year and has dropped in that stat dramatically.

    This last game goes to show you how the teams mentality has been focused on D a lot more, from Amar'e on down.

    Amar'e expended his effort on defense and wasn't able to get it going in motion in the 4th. he was injured so you can chalk that up right there, but he still put a lot of his effort on defense this game around.

  14. #14
    Member NYallDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    i aint tryna correct you but i think i heard an annoucer say stat is still leading the L in 4th quarter scoring at 6 something a game.
    and not for nuthin but i kinda liked amare's game last nite. we should consistently have at least one knick who has a will chandler typa all around game. amare came thru with the points, the assists, the rebs (well mabey not so much the rebs , he is amare after all ) and def the blocks at the end.
    Originally Posted by p0nder
    Only thing I have noticed drop off about Amar'e is his 4th quarter scoring. I don't know if it is fatigue or what, but he was leading the league in 4th qt. points earlier this year and has dropped in that stat dramatically.

    This last game goes to show you how the teams mentality has been focused on D a lot more, from Amar'e on down.

    Amar'e expended his effort on defense and wasn't able to get it going in motion in the 4th. he was injured so you can chalk that up right there, but he still put a lot of his effort on defense this game around.

  15. #15
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    i did enjoy the defensive intensity he brought and his assist numbers are up, showing that he is trying to facilitate more. that is something we saw ewing do a lot of, so it's encouraging for me to see that,

    I did not think he was still leading the league, maybe i just assumed that. It seems to me his scoring overall AND his 4th quarter points are down. If he's still leading the 4th quarter then color me impressed, especially considering the lack of offense on that 1-9 stretch

Similar Threads

  1. Christianity in 30 Seconds
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2008, 16:15
  2. Debunking Creationism with Genesis Book
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 27, 2008, 17:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •