The Official Mike D'Antoni appreciation thread as we're heading into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect Amare for becoming a true team leader & helping his coach turn around our franchise. Without Amare; this year wasn't possible. Most good to great coaches need a great star or two inorder to contend though. Amare & Melo time.

I appreciate MDA for accepting rebuilding mode three years ago (just) for a chance to win this year; as well as seriously contend during his contract year of 2012.

I don't understand how some say coach doesn't deserve a chance next year, when he's the coach that led us to the playoffs for the fist time in 7 years. He's stressing team defense & we're much improved from last year.

We could finish with a 44-38 record after 29-53 last year. We're 18-21 on the road after finishing 11-30 away from MSG last year. Teams such as INDY, MIL, TOR & CHA all finished with much better records than us last year. ATL & ORL finished 24 & 30 games ahead of us! Ther're only 3 & 9 ahead of us right now.

We're a team on the rise under MDA. The best of the Knicks under this man has yet to come.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
14xl63c.jpg

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I respect Amare for becoming a true team leader & helping his coach turn around our franchise. Without Amare; this year wasn't possible. Most good to great coaches need a great star or two inorder to contend though. Amare & Melo time.

I appreciate MDA for accepting rebuilding mode three years ago (just) for a chance to win this year; as well as seriously contend during his contract year of 2012.

I don't understand how some say coach doesn't deserve a chance next year, when he's the coach that led us to the playoffs for the fist time in 7 years. He's stressing team defense & we're much improved from last year.

We could finish with a 44-38 record after 29-53 last year. We're 18-21 on the road after finishing 11-30 away from MSG last year. Teams such as INDY, MIL, TOR & CHA all finished with much better records than us last year. ATL & ORL finished 24 & 30 games ahead of us! Ther're only 3 & 9 ahead of us right now.

We're a team on the rise under MDA. The best of the Knicks under this man has yet to come.

I am tired of the same threads with the same posts riddled with the same opinion over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

We. Get. It.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

1gupt5tb.gif

"I'm tired of the same threads with the same posts over and over again"

Thats funny, considering that I've never once made a post or thread showing the improvements of the Knicks under MDA from last year compared to this year in terms of overall records, away records, ORL & ATL records or the fact that INDY, CHA, MIL, TOR all finished with better records that NY last year. Or the fact that the Pistons only finished 2 games above us last year.

I continue to support MDA with different facts & opinions on why he deserves a chance next year & you all can't handle the truth of a fan that supports a winning head coach. You don't like it? Fine. Good for you. You don't have to post about it.

TakMan

Rotation player
I'm starting to like the way the Knicks play (particularly going forward); but it's early days and I refuse to give anyone credit until some consistency kicks in.

Last edited:
MDA critics can only post about two things. Defensive coaching & Anthony Randolph. I have over 100 reasons & ways to support Mike D'Antoni. I don't talk about MDA in other threads unless other posters bring him into the convo. This is my way of supporting him.

MDA won with the pre-team trade that lacked any type of team chemistry. Gallo was our only returning starter from last year & had us 8 games above .500 before the trade rumors starts to fly when Chandler was an unproven NBA talent, Fields & Mozgov were both rookies, had the worst 5 hole in the league, Gallo was & is still a developing player & Felton had a career year under MDA's offensive system + Amare Stoudemire. He won with that pre-trade team that was put together during the offseason. Toney Douglas was also an unproven talent.

He's also winning with this post-trade team that features Douglas as our longest tenured Knick. Melo, Billups, JJ, Shelden, Carter & Brown have yet to have an offseason of gainin chemistry with time to GEL. 6 straight W's.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
MDA critics can only post about two things. Defensive coaching & Anthony Randolph. I have over 100 reasons & ways to support Mike D'Antoni. I don't talk about MDA in other threads unless other posters bring him into the convo. This is my way of supporting him.

MDA won with the pre-team trade that lacked any type of team chemistry. Gallo was our only returning starter from last year & had us 8 games above .500 before the trade rumors starts to fly when Chandler was an unproven NBA talent, Fields & Mozgov were both rookies, had the worst 5 hole in the league, Gallo was & is still a developing player & Felton had a career year under MDA's offensive system + Amare Stoudemire. He won with that pre-trade team that was put together during the offseason. Toney Douglas was also an unproven talent.

He's also winning with this post-trade team that features Douglas as our longest tenured Knick. Melo, Billups, JJ, Shelden, Carter & Brown have yet to have an offseason of gainin chemistry with time to GEL. 6 straight W's.

weird_kid_fap.gif

nuckles2k2

Superstar

who-gives-a.jpg

Enough is enough already? As soon as people stop attacking MDA left & right is the day I'll stop showing my support for the coach. The day people stop talking negative about our coach; is the day I'll stop talking about our coach as well. I never troll other threads & talk off topic adding MDA into the convo. When it's a playoff thread I talk about the playoffs. When it's a Melo or Amare thread I talk about Melo & Amare. When it's a gameday thread I talk about the game. When it's a draft thread I talk about the draft. When it's an injury releated topic about Billups I talk about Billups & trying to move on without him. When it's playoff matchup threads; I talk about the matchup's. When it's an offseason thread I talk about the offseason & future/potential upgrades. I don't troll threads with MDA talk. This is my way of supporting him & I have every right to do so. It's a message board. You all seen this was an MDA appreciation thread. No one forced you to click, read & post.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
Enough is enough already? As soon as people stop attacking MDA left & right is the day I'll stop showing my support for the coach. The day people stop talking negative about our coach; is the day I'll stop talking about our coach as well. I never troll other threads & talk off topic adding MDA into the convo. When it's a playoff thread I talk about the playoffs. When it's a Melo or Amare thread I talk about Melo & Amare. When it's a gameday thread I talk about the game. When it's a draft thread I talk about the draft. When it's an injury releated topic about Billups I talk about Billups & trying to move on without him. When it's playoff matchup threads; I talk about the matchup's. When it's an offseason thread I talk about the offseason & future/potential upgrades. I don't troll threads with MDA talk. This is my way of supporting him & I have every right to do so. It's a message board. You all seen this was an MDA appreciation thread. No one forced you to click, read & post.

Will you still support him if he gets replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.