Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Mike D'Antoni appreciation thread as we're heading into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    MDA critics can only post about two things. Defensive coaching & Anthony Randolph. I have over 100 reasons & ways to support Mike D'Antoni. I don't talk about MDA in other threads unless other posters bring him into the convo. This is my way of supporting him.

MDA won with the pre-team trade that lacked any type of team chemistry. Gallo was our only returning starter from last year & had us 8 games above .500 before the trade rumors starts to fly when Chandler was an unproven NBA talent, Fields & Mozgov were both rookies, had the worst 5 hole in the league, Gallo was & is still a developing player & Felton had a career year under MDA's offensive system + Amare Stoudemire. He won with that pre-trade team that was put together during the offseason. Toney Douglas was also an unproven talent.

He's also winning with this post-trade team that features Douglas as our longest tenured Knick. Melo, Billups, JJ, Shelden, Carter & Brown have yet to have an offseason of gainin chemistry with time to GEL. 6 straight W's.

Enough is enough already
    Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Enough is enough already? As soon as people stop attacking MDA left & right is the day I'll stop showing my support for the coach. The day people stop talking negative about our coach; is the day I'll stop talking about our coach as well. I never troll other threads & talk off topic adding MDA into the convo. When it's a playoff thread I talk about the playoffs. When it's a Melo or Amare thread I talk about Melo & Amare. When it's a gameday thread I talk about the game. When it's a draft thread I talk about the draft. When it's an injury releated topic about Billups I talk about Billups & trying to move on without him. When it's playoff matchup threads; I talk about the matchup's. When it's an offseason thread I talk about the offseason & future/potential upgrades. I don't troll threads with MDA talk. This is my way of supporting him & I have every right to do so. It's a message board. You all seen this was an MDA appreciation thread. No one forced you to click, read & post.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Enough is enough already? As soon as people stop attacking MDA left & right is the day I'll stop showing my support for the coach. The day people stop talking negative about our coach; is the day I'll stop talking about our coach as well. I never troll other threads & talk off topic adding MDA into the convo. When it's a playoff thread I talk about the playoffs. When it's a Melo or Amare thread I talk about Melo & Amare. When it's a gameday thread I talk about the game. When it's a draft thread I talk about the draft. When it's an injury releated topic about Billups I talk about Billups & trying to move on without him. When it's playoff matchup threads; I talk about the matchup's. When it's an offseason thread I talk about the offseason & future/potential upgrades. I don't troll threads with MDA talk. This is my way of supporting him & I have every right to do so. It's a message board. You all seen this was an MDA appreciation thread. No one forced you to click, read & post.
    Will you still support him if he gets replaced?

As fans, talking negatively about a coach is a right fans have. Just because he is our coach doesn't mean he should be free from any criticism.

Meanwhile the only reason you seem to stick up for him is because he's our coach, and because our record improved.

If you really are as much of a fan as you say you are, then you should worry about the Knicks trying to field the best team they possibly can in order to ensure success and having this success culminating in a championship in the long run.

Fact of the matter is, there are major holes in D'Antoni's methods of coaching, and these holes are weaknesses which will put a great detriment on any title aspirations we have, and these are holes you are choosing to ignore completely. What does this say about you as a fan?

Banned

Negative MDA talk has been going on for years before I ever joined this site. As soon as people stop talkiing about the coach; I'll do the same. I support the coach and some of you don't. I support the coach when some of you cant. I'm a die hard Knicks fan who joined this site to talk about the Knicks. Not the coach. My first thread I created was about building around Melo & Amare instead of adding a MAX contract. I quickly seen that others go off topic during every other thread & mention "O'Antoni". I quickly seen all the MDA talk that went around with every other thread non-coach-related. Instead of doing the same? I'll make a thread supporting him instead of doing it in every other thread. Posters bashing MDA & our defense 24-7/365 is allowed but a poster supporting him 110% isn't? Funny how that works. Just because you all hate him doesn't mean others have to do the same. You all hate MDA... I support him. Stop talking MDA for the first time in years & I'll stop support for the 1st time since joining.

Also, I don't know why you've taken such a liking to the activity of defending D'Antoni.

None of this criticism affects him, and no matter what is said about him or what he hears, he won't care because all that matters to him at the end of the day is that he's getting paid paid. Cash Money is an army, MDA is the sergeant.

Banned

Talking negative is your right but you REFUSE to give him credit. Supporting the coach is also a right & I've made it known that we need to improve on defense under MDA & we have improved since the trade. I also believe that results don't come over night. He never talked defense in PHX & now he's stressing the importance of defense here in NY. He's improving. Yeah, I support his as our coach & for more reasons that one. I like what he did in PHX with a winning % of .650, 4 consecutive trips to the playoffs, two seasons of 54+ wins & two with 60+. That was done in a great Western Conf. PHX beat LAL x2, Dallas, MEM & LAC. Also lost to SA 3 times; but I don't consider him a career loser for that. I love our top 2 offensive attack under MDA's offensive system & feel our defense is; & will continue to improve with roster upgrades under MDA. I LOVE how stars wanna play for MDA. They don't refuse or leave. Amare followed him here. I enjoy how he's led us to the playoffs & rebuilt us with Walsh in LESS than 3 years.