Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swizz Beats to remix knicks theme song

Veteran

Not impressed at all. However, I think he was trying to make something for people of all ages to listen to. I doubt he was trying to make the billboards with this...

hopefully it's not the finished product and the vids sound quality was part of the problem.
    wishing thinking...i know.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Please dude. I am born and raised in Queens and been disliking Swizz since Ruff Riders debuted. He went from wack horns to hipster hop. Doo doo...
    Not trying to argue but swizz gets mad love in the hood. I be in the Bronx n Brooklyn and noooobodyyy hates on swizz cas they know how ill he really is. The man is a genius in the studio nobody is talkin about his voice. Idk about queens where people be saying dude but swizz definitely gets hood love I be in the streets bra. No disrespect maybe I'm just the minority on this topic.
    But i will continue to defend my nig9a swizz just like any NYC rapper would cas they know how he puts **** together and does master work in the studio.

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Not trying to argue but swizz gets mad love in the hood. I be in the Bronx n Brooklyn and noooobodyyy hates on swizz cas they know how ill he really is. The man is a genius in the studio nobody is talkin about his voice. Idk about queens where people be saying dude but swizz definitely gets hood love I be in the streets bra. No disrespect maybe I'm just the minority on this topic.
    But i will continue to defend my nig9a swizz just like any NYC rapper would cas they know how he puts **** together and does master work in the studio.
    Meh I was in the hood and streets back in the 90's. Now I'm in my office making real paper. No worries.

Meh I was in the hood and streets back in 90's. Now I'm in my office making real paper. No worries.
    I guessssss. Good for u homie. No swizz paper tho

I guessssss. Good for u homie. No swizz paper tho
    True. I ain't hating...let dude make his paper and do his thing. I'm just not a fan and it started with this puke inducing track:

To this day I can't listen to that trash. I know it was a hit but just was never my thing. I think those were dark days for hip hop after a golden age. Just my

True. I ain't hating...let dude make his paper and do his thing. I'm just not a fan and it started with this puke inducing track:

To this day I can't listen to that trash. I know it was a hit but just was never my thing. I think those were dark days for hip hop after a golden age. Just my
    Hahahahaha everyone has their own opinion. At least u got ur office n u doing ur thing trills. Better then me I'm stuck in da street as a waiter and a part time construction worker, praying to get Sunday night off.

Hahahahaha everyone has their own opinion. At least u got ur office n u doing ur thing trills. Better then me I'm stuck in da street as a waiter and a part time construction worker, praying to get Sunday night off.
    No worries. In this economy you should be glad to have a paycheck period.

BTW, Swizz is biting hard from this "classic"!

Lmfaoooooooooo

Its not Swizz Beatz producing it, its actually Jared Jeffries. He actually remixed the Ruff Ryders anthem based on his basketball skill.

Stop. Brick. Take a Shot, You know it wont Drop. Oh. No. Thats why Jared Jeffries Blows.

ITS JARED BITCHES! Chillin in Isiah's Beemer, Listenin to Ether.

Originally Posted by StarksOverJordan
    Its not Swizz Beatz producing it, its actually Jared Jeffries. He actually remixed the Ruff Ryders anthem based on his basketball skill.

Stop. Brick. Take a Shot, You know it wont Drop. Oh. No. Thats why Jared Jeffries Blows.

ITS JARED BITCHES! Chillin in Isiah's Beemer, Listenin to Ether.
    WOW! Never realized that! It's uncanny.

A "little more spicy"? Rightttt. Q-Tip also claimed his Knicks theme was more of an anthem.

Look, there will never be a Go, New York, Go theme like that. At least bring the same feel to it. Not some weak modern day version. Kids will love the original theme. Just update the lyrics or get someone who will do it right.

Robert Randolph And The Family Band with old school rap artists such as DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince would have been so much better for a new theme, or a version of the original with new verses.

can i hear this yet or what?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    A "little more spicy"? Rightttt. Q-Tip also claimed his Knicks theme was more of an anthem.

Look, there will never be a Go, New York, Go theme like that. At least bring the same feel to it. Not some weak modern day version. Kids will love the original theme. Just update the lyrics or get someone who will do it right.

Robert Randolph And The Family Band with old school rap artists such as DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince would have been so much better for a new theme, or a version of the original with new verses.
    Lol FResh Prince and Jazzy Jeff?? LmAo.. Nah they should throw Kiss on that ish..