Mike Antoni is God... hello winning season!

CoolClyde

i'm kidding! However, I gotta give props to Mr. Pringles for the best coaching of his Knicks career. Letting Melo have the ball in crunch time is genius, allowing him to thrive in the NYC spotlight. Capt Mustachio is doing almost as good a job as coach Polestruck in Miami, the way he's getting el BJ, Duh-Wayne and the mighty Boosh to achieve greater heights. Who's the better coach? the one who utilizes the better players or the one who coaches the team he has?

Seriously, opening up the rotation in order to see who's going to make the playoff roster was a genius move, instead of 7-8 players getting winded, we've got a full-on Knick TEAM going on a 7-game winning streak. Is it any wonder the team is playing better defense, coming from behind in the 4th quarter, kicking ass on the offensive and defensive end? Even Girafferies is stretching his neck towards excellence against Indianapenis!! 3 1/2 minutes in the 4Q and 0 points for Larry the Birds team!!! fantastic game!

I have to hand it to Mike, if he keeps this up, and doesn't go back to a small rotation for the playoffs, he gets MAJOR props for doing what he should've done years ago. Letting the bench play, allowing players rest, and doing what a good coach does... substitute on the offensive and defensive end.

Billups - Carter
Fields - Douglas - Brown
Melo - Shawilliams - Walker
STAT - Tinyface Williams
Turiaf - Girafferies

ALL of these players deserve to play, a dirty dozen with the option of putting in Junior Mase for the 3 ball. All of these Knicks have been doing an excellent job, whether they're auditioning for the playoff roster or not, Antoni has stumbled across a winning formula for success by expanding the roster and clearing the bench. Let's hope he keeps it up!!!! Go Mike Go!

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
No thanks

The only props I'll give Dantoni is being a players coach. We very well may not have had Amare or Carmelo without Dantoni being here. They have high regards for him, and love to play in his system. Melo's thriving from the 3 point line. Without him we may be a mediocre team.

That being said...... Thanks for making NY relevant again Mike...... Now please kindly leave! I just don't think he's a championship coach with the lack of defense he preaches. I say we throw our money at Doc or Phil this offseason and see if one of them bites the hook.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
forget that... dantonio brought up this far we ride him until the end, if doc leaves boston its not going to be ny itll be closer to home for his kids hes been saying that all along... as for phil if he wanted to be here he would have already, dantonio has changed our team when no one else would no way we sandbag him the first year he brings us to the playoffs.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
forget that... dantonio brought up this far we ride him until the end, if doc leaves boston its not going to be ny itll be closer to home for his kids hes been saying that all along... as for phil if he wanted to be here he would have already, dantonio has changed our team when no one else would no way we sandbag him the first year he brings us to the playoffs.

I feel you man, it's just that we've seen Dantoni's system fail in a 7 game playoff series. It's just too easy to adjust to after awhile. If shots don't fall consistently then we're going to lose. So basically in his style we have to make shots consistently for 4 straight playoff series to win a title. I'm not taking a chance on that. 2 weeks ago all Knicks fans were asking for Dantoni's head when it looked like the season was crumbling, and nobody was playing with passion.

Phil wants to retire because he knows the days of the Laker dynasty are coming to a temporary end. He'll return to coaching again if he believes the team can win it all. I honestly do see the possibility of him being lured to the bright lights of NY with Melo for the next potential dynasty and 3+ more rings. He wants to add to his legacy.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
I feel you man, it's just that we've seen Dantoni's system fail in a 7 game playoff series. It's just too easy to adjust to after awhile. If shots don't fall consistently then we're going to lose. So basically in his style we have to make shots consistently for 4 straight playoff series to win a title. I'm not taking a chance on that. 2 weeks ago all Knicks fans were asking for Dantoni's head when it looked like the season was crumbling, and nobody was playing with passion.

Phil wants to retire because he knows the days of the Laker dynasty are coming to a temporary end. He'll return to coaching again if he believes the team can win it all. I honestly do see the possibility of him being lured to the bright lights of NY with Melo for the next potential dynasty and 3+ more rings. He wants to add to his legacy.

yeah thats a good point about phil i do see a chance of him coming here...im just gonna hope dantonio can do what he came here to do and thats win us a championship, if it doesnt look like its gonna happen then yeah hes gotta go i just think its to soon to be axing him.

TakMan

Rotation player
There can't be many who would have D'Antoni over Phil Jackson. Still though the Knicks have been playing some decent basketball recently. The Coach has to take some credit for this. Anthony has been immense. Hopefully this is the team that takes his game to the next level.