HOUSTON's shape

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
hey guys, i read that Allan houston said that he feels better day after day, but his body tells him to go step by step... he also said that he is where he wants to be at this time. He said he feels confident about being at 100% for the start of the training camp in October.

My question is :
Do you, guys, think that Houston will be really OK for next season ? And if he is ok, do you think he will finish the season at 100% ? How do you see him and his shape for season 2004/2005 ?

i hope he will be 120%.

go ny, go knicks

e_D

Benchwarmer
i think Houston will be good to go for next season. He wont be the Houston we've seen in past years, but he'll be much better than last year. And if by chance he gets reinjured or something, that just means more minutes for Crawford. It's a $155 million win win situation.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i heard that allan is going to start running up and down on a track like at the end of august. and if he can do that with out pain he is ganna start playing again. hope for the best.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree with e_D that Houston will certainly be improved physically over last year. I do think he will have some complications as the season persists. It won't have the same negative effect that his injuries of last season now that Crawford is in New York.
On offense we are set now, especially if players like Tim Thomas and Mike Sweetney find a way to mesh into the new system. Who knows, it's a possibility that Ariza may have a good rookie season too.

e_D

Benchwarmer
I think Ariza WILL have a great season IF he gets the time. I have a feeling that he is ready to contribute immediately, something about the way he plays exudes that. I doubt Wilkens will give him alot of play time though. (see FWill and Sweetney last season) Wilkens second option at SF seems to be Shandon ( :evil: ) and now that we have a solid backcourt, Penny will be seeing more SF minutes as well. As much as I want to see Ariza get the time, I doubt he will. Even though I feel he can make an impact immediately.

Man, I'm way off topic. :lol:

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think he will see time. sweetney got alot of playing time last year. (not in the playoffs though). and this new guy i think will be one of the best 2nd round rookies this year.

JJtheKnick

Starter
Starbury3Marbury said:
Im new around here...but Allan Houston still is a big part of the team...I just hope he is healthy

Welcome. You and every other knick fan hopes the same. But I take Houston's word that he will be ready for start of the season. I think the real question is that will he last a whole season??

idk...i realy hope he dont play at all dont hate but i neva liked houston afta al he dont 4 me n us yea i no its wrong but i just cant like him i dont no y..i rather let crawford play and develop fasta hes quick,young and fast hosutons geting old all he cn do is shoot 3's and free trows

ARKATECH

Rookie
You better hope he's healthy and plays well, because that's the only way to ght rid of him for something quality in return. Personaly i hope he returns in better form. I like houston, he got game. He also has more heart than given credit for. But he still needs to work on his D! A healthy and determine houston is a dangerious wepon in the leauge. Every one will see that this season, with our younger more athletic team. We gotta really pray that he's gonna be 120% this year.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I know this is gonna sound nuts, but I know this psychic and she told me that the Knicks are going to be better this season... which we all knew that. But she also said that they are going to be off the hook and really good on the 2005 - 2006 season. I know this doesn't mean squat and its probably all bologne but I wanted to share it with you guys.

And now back to the topic: I don't think Houston is gonna be fully ready this season. He is definetely gonna be playing more but I don't see him going alot of minutes. He is gonna take it slow and let Crawford do his thing. I wish Ariza would get some minutes too, but he will probably be on the injury list cause he still developing. Remember that the roster can only have 12 active players and 3 on the injury list. Who you guys think are going to be on the injury list???

e_D

Benchwarmer
I say put Shandon on IR since it looks like with playing time, Ariza will be better than him by season's end. We could also put Brewer or Moochie on the IR. The last spot is up in the air so I dunno what could be done.. but I really wanna see Ariza play this year.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I as I'm sure everybody would love to see Houston Healthy. If he is, He really could be a difference maker. I think the Knicks sould just buyout Moochie and Anderson. Brewer and Crawford both can back up Starbury or Houston, so the other guys are just a waste of resoures. If the Knicks feel like wasting less money, why don't they put ME on the roster. I'd probably play as much minutes as Shandon Anderson will...which is like ZERO!! I could use the money and the fame. Isiah, if you're listening holla at a playa!! LOL!!!

newmove

Rotation player
Haha, Dr. dat wuz nice!
Yeah it looks like we're wasting money but Houston is still a question. We pay him big money and his health ain't in apropriate mode. Much more, he's getting old. I wish we could trade him BUT if he steps up healthy it'll make me and all Knicks' fans happy.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Are you kidding me Dr., if I had a chance to play for the Knicks I would play for FREE...well actually make that I WOULD PAY to play for them...ok thats better. I say don't waste the money buying out anderson and moochie... use them in the package with Penny's or Tim Thomas expiring contracts. Teams are going to be trying to get them and the Knicks can use that to their advantage to get rid of Anderson and Moochie.

kay

Rookie
First of all, his health (houston) means absolutely nothing because he is a sometimes good, most of the time scrub millionare, who's getting rich while their stats stay under what the fans and team would expect from the highest paid player on the team.. If u ask me, they desperately need to get rid of houston and bring in some fresh legs!!!!!!!!!!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Ummm they did bring in some fresh legs (Crawford) and they kept Houston, one: because he is not very movable with injury, second: If healthy you can guarantee 20 pts a game from him. If you call 20 pts a game a scrub and an underachiever, man you must have some high goals set for yourself.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Dasilva, there isn't a team in the league that will take Shandon Anderson or Moochie Norris off our hands in any package. Isiah has tried to Deal them to GS and Chi-town, with the result of them both still on the roster. I would take the money only because to be on the roster, you have to be paid. So the buyout seems to be the only logical conclusion. Houston is still a really big question mark, on that Newmove is totally 100% dead on. If Houston isn't gonna be the same, it might be time to move him on. I personally hope he's healthy, because he'd definetly benefit from Starbury's passing ability. Plus he's the only one the can't hit an open jumper with consistency.