Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Where is everybody?

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    4

    Default We need 1 in Boston!

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    We alll up in heree
    We already know they can beat us at MSG. They have done it time and time again. IN a playoff atmosphere, not yet, but the last thing we want is to give them a bunch of confidence by letting them take the first 2. especially if they blow us out. We need them limping into MSG a little scared tied 1-1 OR REALLY doubting themselves down 0-2. Sure they have not played all that well last 20 games at about .500 ball. but they have been there and know how to turn it on when it counts. they did it last year.
    With that said we have to guard against what happened to us early in season when we were beating them all game with chandler felton hitting 3s and gallo dunking on them. then we let it slip right at the end and they won when amare came a fraction of a second from beating them. Same deal with the New York Rangers the other night. Had shut out the Number 1 Caps 2 and 3/4ths Periods and held that 1-0 lead giving hope of stealing one in Washington to all of us fans. what happend> one of the top scorers in the NHL for one of the best teams got a questionable goal that prob should have been blown dead. But they get the benefit of the doubt bec of who they are. And then about a little over a minute from shuting them out in the OT and pushing it to a Shootout that anyone can win, we give up a goal to lose it. Thats what good teams do. find a way to win when it counts in the playoffs. we need to make sure that does not happen with Celts.

  2. #17
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by miked1958
    We already know they can beat us at MSG. They have done it time and time again. IN a playoff atmosphere, not yet, but the last thing we want is to give them a bunch of confidence by letting them take the first 2. especially if they blow us out. We need them limping into MSG a little scared tied 1-1 OR REALLY doubting themselves down 0-2. Sure they have not played all that well last 20 games at about .500 ball. but they have been there and know how to turn it on when it counts. they did it last year.
    With that said we have to guard against what happened to us early in season when we were beating them all game with chandler felton hitting 3s and gallo dunking on them. then we let it slip right at the end and they won when amare came a fraction of a second from beating them. Same deal with the New York Rangers the other night. Had shut out the Number 1 Caps 2 and 3/4ths Periods and held that 1-0 lead giving hope of stealing one in Washington to all of us fans. what happend> one of the top scorers in the NHL for one of the best teams got a questionable goal that prob should have been blown dead. But they get the benefit of the doubt bec of who they are. And then about a little over a minute from shuting them out in the OT and pushing it to a Shootout that anyone can win, we give up a goal to lose it. Thats what good teams do. find a way to win when it counts in the playoffs. we need to make sure that does not happen with Celts.
    In our first meeting with them this season we came back in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter because we attacked the basket fast. Defense is big, but even if we have a defensive slump, we can give them trouble by attacking.

  3. #18
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    just waiting for a playoff edition of DFDH volume (1).

    theres really nothing to talk about

    its the celtics

    we either talk our team up for an upset

    and get upset

    or stay quiet and let the game do the talking and get amped up

    ITs kind of like a kid who gets locked in a closet for 10 years

    imagine how quiet he would be the first time he gets let out...
    Surely he'll be dead. Can't get much quieter than that.

  4. #19
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I noticed the forum had gone from frantic to dead quiet since the end of the regular season. A lot of quiet contemplation going on. it's been 7 years since the last time the knicks were in the playoffs.

    I was 18 years old, going into my first year of university. A lot has changed for me personally in that time. I am finished school, i've started a family, I've got a career now. In all of that time few things have stayed the same for me.

    One of which is my love of basketball, i've played it every day of my life since i was about 6 years old. My love of the knicks has never wavered.

    Now I get to watch playoff basketball and cheer for my team again. Against our bitter rival the celtics no less. It's a beautiful thing to be here and to enjoy the game like this. You don't really get to appreciate having a good team until you've gone through what we've been through since the Ewing Era. During the 90's I took for granted that we had a good team. Playoffs were garunteed with Pat. But spending the first part of this century as a terrible team made me yearn for those days in the 90's when i could look forward to spring time games, playing on the playgrounds with my friends pretending it was jordan vs ewing or David robinson vs. ewing. Those memories stay with me and now it's time to relive the excitement and the hype. Amar'e vs. KG.... here we go!

  5. #20
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have been taking a break and have been talking to #knicksfam on twitter... Hit me @KnicksFan4Life_ . I will be here on Sunday to talk some **** with you guys

  6. #21
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Crazy⑧s reporting for pooty

  7. #22
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Just imagine..............

    Game 3.....................

    NBA Playoffs logo on the court............

    And you hear.................the crowd
    I'll be there....

    It's gonna be something...I don't think there's any other way to describe it.

    By the way, I'm also checking in. Just trying to not get too hyped up too early over the series. That only makes the wait unbearable.

  8. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This looks to be a very nice Knicks site. Nice overall look and setup. Members around here also seem to have strong insight which is what should keep me around. I'm a long time member of the ESPN boards so I hope to enjoy some strong Knicks talk heading into the playoffs.

  9. #24
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by NewYorkStateOfMind
    This looks to be a very nice Knicks site. Nice overall look and setup. Members around here also seem to have strong insight which is what should keep me around. I'm a long time member of the ESPN boards so I hope to enjoy some strong Knicks talk heading into the playoffs.
    Welcome to the board man. You got some good folks overall on KO
    Last edited by Knicks4Life_1985; Apr 15, 2011 at 10:27. Reason: I am a moron

  10. #25
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Welcome to the board man. You got some good folks overall on KO
    Yeah, just reading and lurking inside of a bunch of threads, trying to get a better feel for the posters of KnicksOnline... But so far I'm enjoying what I'm reading and seems to be a place where posters bring their A-Game with every post. See you around K4L and cant wait for this Knicks-Celtics soon to be war.

  11. #26
    Member StarksOverJordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Knicks Fan From Queens reporting for duty... Wait What? Haha

    Yeah its been dead quiet. Im on here all day everyday at work, but there hasnt been much. I tried to get a Knicks grade thread going but it flopped

  12. #27
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I think everybody hopes we go through, a few even believe we'll do it, but most (including myself) think our playoff run will be over soon.

    That might be the reason it's so quiet. My memories of the New Jersey sweep in 2004 are still fresh and boy did it hurt, I thought Marbury was going to destroy Kidd and we're alright with Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas and Mutombo.

    A first round playoff loss sucks...it's like you wanna take another ride in a great rollercoaster but it's already shut down after the first one.

    4-6 games is so little.

    Can't wait till next year, when we might have a realistic chance to play in the Conference Finals.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    actions are speakin louder than words right now... i wanna see a game 1 upset

  14. #29
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Just imagine..............

    Game 3.....................

    NBA Playoffs logo on the court............

    And you hear.................the crowd

    its gonna be insane brah i cant wait. its been a long time coming.


    question am i gonna be the only one with his t.v volume at that max or close to it??? *damn i wish i had a sound system*

    **** if we make the ECF im buying a sound system and ill stop procrastinating about it loll

  15. #30
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Present & accounted for.

    just waiting for the time I can pop the top on this Hendog and enjoy the spanking the Knicks will be putting on the hated Celts.

    I dont see anyway we lose this series unless MOA completely F's up.

    C's are even without Shaq. Even if Shaq comes back he has played like 10 games this entire year.

    PF Edge KNICKS. Slight edge but STAT should own Garnett.

    SF Edge Knicks. Also slight. Who'd you rather have Melo or Pierce?

    SG Edge Celts. Jesus is good. We may see more of Billups at the SG to offset Allens production.

    PG Edge Celts. SLIGHTLY. Thats right SLIGHTLY. Rondo is good, but if we defense against his drives to the hoop it could render him completely useless.

    Bench- C's if we arent hitting our shots, if we are Knicks. The Celts have players that can play in the paint on both ends of the floor. Knicks dont. Its imperative that we hit our open shots at a reasonable clip. At least. The entire series could hinge on bench play.

    Coach-Doc. I'm really not sold on Doc because he was given 3 top three players at their positions when he won his chip. These guys are all aging now and are no way near as effective. He'll have to work miracles to get back to the finals. MOA? You guys know how I feel. Now is the time to put aside philosophies that dont work and play to win games BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. One misstep can cost us a game in this series.

    I really cant see how we lose fellas. But then again I had the Knicks winning 50 to start the year...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •