August 01, 2007 - New usergroup for lurkers (#7)
June 28, 2008 - User ranks got less: Lurker, Newbie, Member, Superstar, Veteran (custom)
February 20th, 2012 - Moderator change
July 19th, 2012 - New moderators, slight change to new users
The moment you posted on our forum we consider that you read these rules fully and you totally agree with its content.
The forum is an effort of the community. In other words, this means that all users that are participating, are the community. If you want to contribute, always remember that you are a part of this community.
Our moderators are volunteers, therefore they won't tolerate users that are breaking the rules. The rules are simple and there are not excuses for their violation.
1. Know who has authority
- The administrator of this forum is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. He has full power, can ban and unban members. Besides him, there's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as Super Moderator and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] moderating the NY Knicks, NBA, Other Sports and the Hangout forums. They are able to edit or delete posts, split or merge topics, make sticky threads, warn users. In any scandals, the moderator has the last word.
2. Do not ask for..
- ..moderator privileges. If we feel like we need any help we will contact privately the person who we think it suits best for the job.
3. Be respectful
- If someone doesn't agree with you, respect his oppinion. And viceversa. Don't be impulsive or rude when you express your oppinion.
4. Topic titles
- Make your titles suggestive and in connection with the post. Don't make topics with titles such as Woooooooooooow or Look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Post Content
- Don't make one word posts that are just consuming the forum's space and makes it look ugly.
- If you don't have something inteligent to say, just remain on your position. Posts such as i agree, what a great idea, nope, what a stupid topic will not be tollerated.
- You will post in a constructive way and bring arguments in discussion.
Do not post false information. If you quote from outside KNICKSONLINE.COM, include a link to your source.
- Do not post in all caps!
- The ranks are:
Lurker 0-4 posts
Veteran (custom title)1000+
- do not post just for the love of posting or in order to get a higher rank.
- Do not make consecutive posts. If you posted something and 15 minutes after submitting the message you remember something you wanted to say but forgot, just use the button to edit your message
6. Posting an article
- Similar with rule no.5. An article from outside KNICKSONLINE.COM will not be fully posted. You will only select the most important paragraphs and ALWAYS with a link back to the original source. That way you will respect the author's work, and you won't be violating any copyright laws.
7. New users
- All the new users, are at first part of a usergroup called Lurkers that has certain limitations, among which the disability to start new threads (to prevent spammers and duplicate threads) or to use the private messaging system (to avoid spam in general). Once they make it to 20 posts they will be able to use the rest of the features of the forum.
- Don't abuse of this function and never use it if you're replying to the last message. You will only consume the forum's space and make it look ugly. However if you want to quote only a portion from the last post, quoting it is allowed.
- The forum also has a function suggestive called Search. This will save you to start a new topic on an issue already discussed.
10. Don't abuse of sigs and avatars
- A graphic signature that is too big will impede users with a lower connection to load the page quickly. Don't use inappropriate avatars.
- A troll is a person that is looking for trouble. If you feel you are one of them, leave us alone, we are not interested in you.
- If you have something to share with someone, don't trash the forums. We have the Private Messages use them with confidence. There's also the Beefs forum, especially created for that purpose. It is hidden for guests, so whatever happens there, it remains between us.
13. Multiple Usernames
- KO is against multiple usernames. If you feel your username is outdated or you simply want to change it, you can ask rady to change it for you. In order to do that, you must have at least 100 posts.
- A lot of our members are from outside USA and their english is not perfect. However, we noticed remarkable mistakes from our fellow American members. Try to make as little as you can if you want to keep the conversation easy going.
Also, learn the correct names of the players, coaches, positions and cities. That's Allan Houston not Alen Housten, Wilkens not Wilkins, Boston not Bosten, guard not garud, coach not cauch, etc.
- Cursing and using bad words is not tollerated here. However if you think you can't avoid them, we do have a word filter that is replacing specific letters with astericks(*). Please don't make a habit out of cursing, and don't try to cheat the censorship.
16. The Hangout Forum
- The Hangout forum is for off-topic discussions. Please use it and don't post in the main forum (NY Knicks) messages that have nothing to do with the Knicks organization.
17. Warnings / Bans
- If you were warned by the admin or the moderator, please take the advice for good. Multiple warnings will get you close to a temp or a permanent ban. That means that you will be excluded from this community
18. Do Not Spam
- Assuming you know what spam is, i'll just say it like this: Spam and you'll get banned.
- Same thing applies for spamming via PM
That's all, modifications may appear in the near future, so keep an eye on this topic.
The KNICKSONLINE.COM team
Last edited by rady; Jul 19, 2012 at 02:44.