Do these 'experts' know something we dont?

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Ok so i just listened to over 2.5 hrs of Simmons playoff podcast and he had on the so called NBA experts from Bucher, Stein, Hollinger to like 4 other guys. And what surprised me wasnt that everyone of them picked the Cs (I have come to accept that NO ONE IN THE MEDIA LIKES THE NYK). But how blatantly they dismissed us and gave us absolutely no chance. They were talking about how the C's are gonna do in round 2 and they're potential round 2 opponent. Like seriously, not even a 'oh the NYK can beat the Cs if this happens or i can see a scenario where NYK come out on top' Nothing! Are you freakin serious.
I know we got our flaws:
- we dont play playoff intensity defense
- we dont rebound consistently to get deep into the playoffs
But we still have a former Finals MVP and 2 scoring machines. 2 of the top 10 ballers in the NBA and in my mind 2 of the top 5 offensive players in melo and stat. So at the very least we will have a punchers chance and give the Cs a run real real scare in my mind.

If for nuthing else, i wanna beat the Cs just so these know it all experts can shove it. But whats gonna end up happening even if we do win is they're gonna bring up excuses on why the Cs lost instead of why we won. They do that constantly its unbelievable....during december jon barry picked the Cs to win it all, ask him now and hes not gonna pick em, and he'll make the excuse oh they traded Perkins. Well bald genius, when you picked em in december did you say im picking the Cs because perkins is gonna get em over the top? NO! Idiot! Damn i cant stand ESPN and their bullcrap, sadly i have no other alternative!

Im so sick of these so called experts thinking they have some secret inside info or more knowledge than us fans and so what they say is whats gonna happen. It would be refreshing to have a local show to listen to that is pro NYK and gives us our proper due for more than just 20 mins. :gony:

I hear ya.. If we happen to win this series you know they'll find a win to spin and and credit it more toward the Celtics beating themselves rather than us beating them. :/

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Feeling your pain

allDay I know what you're saying man.

I am a HUGE Saints fan. I lived and breathed Saints for years and years. I went to all Saints home games when Aaron Brooks was QB, and Joe Horn was the #1 WR. Back then tickets on the 50yd-line in the lower bowl were $30 a pop (now they are $1,200+).

Anyway, 2 years ago, the year of the Saints superbowl, I had to deal with every single ESPN analyst dogging the Saints. John Clayton consistently had them ranked in the bottom of his top 5 despite the fact they were owning every team above them.

When the playoffs came, we had to beat:
Warner / Larry Fitz
Farve / Peterson
PEYTON MANNING

Needless to say, nobody gave us a shot in any of those games.... You may think they did, but if so, it was constantly an 5/1 split in favor of whatever team was playing the Saints.

With each win, I felt so much emotion, not only for beating the other team, but also beating the analysts, my douchebag skeptical friends, and every other hater out there.

I can't describe how it felt to be on Bourbon Street as the Saints won the superbowl... It was an indescribable experience, and one that will certainly make all of this Knicks drama worth it in the end.

The Knicks may win, and they may not. It may be this year, or it may not be for 2 or 3 years.... But we WILL be a force to reckon with, we WILL address our issues, and Charles Barkley WILL suck us off... Take it to the bank.

I guarantee that we are closer now than we have been in awhile, and despite whatever the analysts say, we have hope, and that's more than we could say for the last xx years. It WILL be worth the wait.:gony:

come on man im a die hard knicks fan, i love my team , no expert but etc etc

and if I was to put my car, house and collection of knicks jerseys on the line for a bet

I would take the celtics as well

if the knicks win this series i dont think any one here realizes the ultimate upset and historic aptitude that victory would establish.

we arent supposed to win

picking the celtics who are the defending EC champs is not hating on the knicks

its picking the better team

with that being said

in my gut i wanna believe we can pull this out

but I have to be honest with myself

the celtics

are

really

good.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
cmon man are you serious. ultimate upset and historic victory'? i suggest you save those words for the knicks teams of H20 and Spree that dethroned the #1 seeded Heat after being the 8th seed and well all the way to the finals GAME 6. Im not saying they are wrong in picking the Cs, but to not even mention us, to dismiss us and already talk about who the Cs will face in round 2 is pathetic. To call us beating the Cs an ultimate upset is a disrespecting our talent. Im not saying we're winning no question but can isee us winning? yes!

come on man im a die hard knicks fan, i love my team , no expert but etc etc

and if I was to put my car, house and collection of knicks jerseys on the line for a bet

I would take the celtics as well

if the knicks win this series i dont think any one here realizes the ultimate upset and historic aptitude that victory would establish.

we arent supposed to win

picking the celtics who are the defending EC champs is not hating on the knicks

its picking the better team

with that being said

in my gut i wanna believe we can pull this out

but I have to be honest with myself

the celtics

are

really

good.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
yep exactly.....and like with someone like chuck i dont mind the bs that comes out his mouth and sometimes its informative and always entertaining. and also, hes won! playoff games, mvp, rebounding titles, etc. so for someone like him to say that you can b like aigh man u gonna regret tha crap you jus spilled out ya mouth. or even kenny smith the guy won back to back championships and he always gives you reason and explanation of why hes sayin what hes sayin.
but fkin jon barry? r you serious? legler? these guys were beggin and prayin that they would stay in the league and eeked their existence out on the bench as the 8-10th man! bucher? before espn started doing nba games, where was this guy? i had heard of mike wilbon, i had heard of peter vecey and the likes. but these local guys who got lucky once espn started to do nba really need to back off cuz the little respect they get, they gonna lose that too.
allDay I know what you're saying man.

I am a HUGE Saints fan. I lived and breathed Saints for years and years. I went to all Saints home games when Aaron Brooks was QB, and Joe Horn was the #1 WR. Back then tickets on the 50yd-line in the lower bowl were $30 a pop (now they are $1,200+).

Anyway, 2 years ago, the year of the Saints superbowl, I had to deal with every single ESPN analyst dogging the Saints. John Clayton consistently had them ranked in the bottom of his top 5 despite the fact they were owning every team above them.

When the playoffs came, we had to beat:
Warner / Larry Fitz
Farve / Peterson
PEYTON MANNING

Needless to say, nobody gave us a shot in any of those games.... You may think they did, but if so, it was constantly an 5/1 split in favor of whatever team was playing the Saints.

With each win, I felt so much emotion, not only for beating the other team, but also beating the analysts, my douchebag skeptical friends, and every other hater out there.

I can't describe how it felt to be on Bourbon Street as the Saints won the superbowl... It was an indescribable experience, and one that will certainly make all of this Knicks drama worth it in the end.

The Knicks may win, and they may not. It may be this year, or it may not be for 2 or 3 years.... But we WILL be a force to reckon with, we WILL address our issues, and Charles Barkley WILL suck us off... Take it to the bank.

I guarantee that we are closer now than we have been in awhile, and despite whatever the analysts say, we have hope, and that's more than we could say for the last xx years. It WILL be worth the wait.:gony:

Tinkoo7

Rookie
I been listening for days of Podcasts, ESPN radio along with Mike and Mike and my theory is I have figure that the Media and so called Espn experts dont hate Our Knicks they hate the coach Mike D' Antoni. Nobody is going to respect a Team or Coach that plays "no defense" or enforce it.Chris Broussard was on the mike and mike show and said that hes a talk to players that played for D'Antoni and said that he would go weeks/months without talking about defense in practice. Did anybody hear D'Antoni on the mike and mike show by any chance???..well if you didn't heres the link to the whole interview

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=ESPNRADIO&id=6352707&autoplay=1

In a nutshell when asked about defense mike D' antoni got defensive (once again about outscoring and no defense) and he said that everybody don't know what theyre talking about.
Also he talks about his style is high tempo up and down the court scoring and no defense gets played and he says with this style the other team gets in a good rhythm and scores a lot.Now you freaking tell me what "Winning" coach ever will say "well my system we score and because of that the other team will being scoring a lot to" You have to be kidding me stuff like this is why people write Us off winning in the 1st Round.

Mike talks abour his system works like it did on the Suns with there 60+ wins season but did they win it all? or make it to the finals? Hell No!! Those Suns players did fit perfect in his system but We do not.Mike is changing Melo and Billups style of play that makes them who they are.Has Billups be playing like he won a Finals MVP? No he gets like 5 TOs a game with 10 Threes taken some days all the shots he takes are only threes thats all, and Melo takes like 10 threes a game now to ,and doesnt post up and take it to the rack anymore and plays like how we know he can play.

Futher, The celtics play defense, They won a championship together , They were in the nba finals. Basically everybody is depending on the celtics to be "hurt from perkins trade" in order for us to win..really?? a team has to be hurt in order for us to win..thats just sad.

LOOK AT HOW THE KNICKS PLAY! The knicks style of play well..D'antoni style/system is weak and beyond boring. I don't care if you can shoot just threes back after back I wanna know that you can defend the other team and make sure you contest every single one of their shots. not just outscore. When we bringing the ball down the court I already know what we gonna do keep passing the ball untill somebody open at the 3 then shoot!..What happens when the 3 ball isn't dropping? plus no rebounds..you can just call that a automatic turnover. D' antoni don't realize that rebounding is defense,fouling means you dont know how to defend. Play defense means so much more and it should be enforced , it shows the team toughness , it gets the crowd on their feet , It shows that you want to stop the other team.

Nobody likes the coach or his system. Why do you think Tom Thibodeau gets so many praise and respect? Defense.

FINALLY, Mike D'Antoni should be a college coach not a nba coach.When your a NBA coach you teach Defense (Spurs,Celtics,Bulls,Lakers) As a NBA coach you dont teach offense every team can score 120 points if theres no Defense.College Coaches must teach Offense as we can see (Butler and Uconn) nobody could score crap. As long as hes coach of the knicks...we wont be seeing much Defense.

Mike Must go!! :fire:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The so-called experts have a collective point. By them all writing us off they're highlighting the main reasons we probably won't win the series -- weak bench, small along the front line, still jelling/ finding an identity and to an extent, the fact our defense is not legit yet.

The "experts" have to look at the series objectively, not with the cautious or notso cautious optimism of us homers.

As I've said before I believe this team has the potential to make it to the ECF. But having the potential and realistically being able to make it happen are two different things. Alot has to happen (go right) for them to maximize that potential this year, so while an upset is possible it's not all that likely.

The fact we have two top ten players is the main reason why we could shock the sports world and beat the Celts. It happens to be one of the only things in our favor though.

For even a few NBA analysts to go out on a limb and pick the Knicks in a series against the Celts we'd have to look like a much more complete team. We're realistically a yr away from that imo. Everyone knows we need a center, a younger point guard and a few bench pieces so why the surprise?

The so-called experts are just doing what they do. You haven't missed anything.

Call me a snake, a merchant of doom - but I really don't know why ya'll so positive on this series?!

We don't have a center and our bench is pretty mediocre.

Melo will have to score 40 each game and defend like an animal, the same goes for STAT. Our star players have to carry the rest with almost inhuman performances, while the Boston players just need to play slid, good basketball and they'll beat us because of their depth, size and strategy.

I can see us winning game 3 and possibly even 1 of the first 2 games in Boston, but 4 out of 7? Not with this roster.

I think we made life harder for ourselves with some roster moves.

Keeping Mason - Cutting Azubuike???
Cutting Brewer - Signing Brown???
Including Mozgov and his 7'1 body in the trade
Not Signing Earl Barron, a decent 7'1 center and picking up Jeffries instead.

The Azubuike one makes me feel bad, I think he could have been the next Allan Houston for us.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Here's how I see this matchup.

Our X-factors are Douglass/Walker/Williams.

If Billups/Melo/Stat all have good games then we only need 1 of our x factors to step up and play big.

If One of our Big 3 have an off game then we need 2 of our x factors to step up and play big.

This is why we have so little margin of error with this series. Our big 3 needs to be on the entire time. If not then our bench has to step up big.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
After watching the chicago game, i realised Jon Barry is the biggest douche with a capital BAG ever! He rode Rose's nuts harder than marv albert used to do jordan.

Its cool to give props to a tem or player, but it got to the point where he didnt give credit to the pacers for anything they did. All I heard was: "Rose has to take over" "Give rose the ball at the top and clear out" "Chicago has to play defense like they were all year and they will win" GTFOH!

Chicago was losing the WHOLE game until like 48: seconds left, why keep talking about them. They're are 2 teams on the court ashhh holeeee!

I hope he NEVER does an ESPN televised knicks game, i will probably throw my remote through my tv if I have to listen to him lol

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Lol
Yep. Barry is a dk ridin h0m0!
I'm tellin u all these dks don't kno shyt. It doesn't take a genius to say defense wins games, need so stop fastbreak pts or limit turnovers. That's BASIC shyt u dumb mofos. Gimme some real insight which proves u were in the nba and know something tangible that fans don't. I don't care if espn is broadcastin the nyk. I'm watching msg or listening to the radio!

After watching the chicago game, i realised Jon Barry is the biggest douche with a capital BAG ever! He rode Rose's nuts harder than marv albert used to do jordan.

Its cool to give props to a tem or player, but it got to the point where he didnt give credit to the pacers for anything they did. All I heard was: "Rose has to take over" "Give rose the ball at the top and clear out" "Chicago has to play defense like they were all year and they will win" GTFOH!

Chicago was losing the WHOLE game until like 48: seconds left, why keep talking about them. They're are 2 teams on the court ashhh holeeee!

I hope he NEVER does an ESPN televised knicks game, i will probably throw my remote through my tv if I have to listen to him lol

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Lol
Yep. Barry is a dk ridin h0m0!
I'm tellin u all these dks don't kno shyt. It doesn't take a genius to say defense wins games, need so stop fastbreak pts or limit turnovers. That's BASIC shyt u dumb mofos. Gimme some real insight which proves u were in the nba and know something tangible that fans don't. I don't care if espn is broadcastin the nyk. I'm watching msg or listening to the radio!

petescud

Starter
I'm not a expert, but i picked us to win 42 games over a month ago. Not tooting my horn, but these same experts are the reason for upsets. THen you'll hear them say nothing but positive reviews for the Knicks or any other team they trashed. You know there will be upsets. There always are. I think all of the east losers will give the big guys all they can handle. I don't see any of these teams doing a walk in the park. Michael Jordan is retired.

KingofNy

Starter
Get ready for the refs to call the game like the Celtics are supposed to win... Because they'll be calling us for everything... Get ready.

petescud

Starter
God, your probably right...Pray we're both wrong though. Breaks my heart when the guys play as they should win, and the NBA thinks otherwise

Get ready for the refs to call the game like the Celtics are supposed to win... Because they'll be calling us for everything... Get ready.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

Called it a mile away......

You got the winning Power Ball numbers this week as well?

Man this loss hurts.