Official Knicks/Celtics Series Predictions

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokes

Huge Member
You are right, anything could happen as the records switch to 0-0 in the playoffs but I don't think anyone could seriously say they'd like us to face the Celtics over the Bulls, Miami or Orlando. We just don't match up well with the guys in green. If we were facing any of those other team as a first round matchup I would be a little more optimistic because we've played well against them this season.

Don't worry so much about what's on paper. Yeah they swept us 4-0. Two of those games were pre-trade (and close games), and one was a garbage time game last day of the season. You can't just say we lost to them 4-0 so we don't match up well against them.

FYI Tyler Hansborough is absolutely destroying the Bulls right now... Don't feel so bad about him having those all-star games against us now :lol:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
You are right, anything could happen as the records switch to 0-0 in the playoffs but I don't think anyone could seriously say they'd like us to face the Celtics over the Bulls, Miami or Orlando. We just don't match up well with the guys in green. If we were facing any of those other team as a first round matchup I would be a little more optimistic because we've played well against them this season.

Yeah I would definatley like our chances better against Chicago or Miami than Boston as well. Boston is tough, probably one of if not the best road playoff team the last few seasons. To win this series we will probably need to take 2 games in Boston, which isnt impossible but not probable either.

I would be happy with a competitive series, winning atleast 2 games. Ofcourse I want to win, but just dont see it happening with this team this season, hope I am dead wrong though.

smokes

Huge Member
Positivity guys seriously it goes a long way! Are we underdogs? Yeah... Deservedly? Hell yeah...

But do we have a legit shot at getting to the ECF this year? We have one of the best big 3 in the league, so yeah we do.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I say knicks in 6 or 7. I know the C's have alot of experience and a great coach, but they are not the sme boston of 3 years ago.

The key to beating boston is shtting down rondo. Period! He RUNS the offense without him, we will murder them.

Its gonna take some scheming to stop or slow rondo down, but thats where coaching comes in to play.

If we have solid schemes on both ends we win the series. The will to win wll get a team along way. As long as we want it, we can win it!

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Knicks in 5.

Split with Boston during the first two. Win our two home games with MSG going nuts and head into game 5 up 3-1 against a shocked Celtics team. Knicks go for the kill during game 5.

I just have a strong feeling the Knicks shock the sports world.
you certainly have a nystateofmind

KingofNy

Starter
Yeah I would definatley like our chances better against Chicago or Miami than Boston as well. Boston is tough, probably one of if not the best road playoff team the last few seasons. To win this series we will probably need to take 2 games in Boston, which isnt impossible but not probable either.

I would be happy with a competitive series, winning atleast 2 games. Ofcourse I want to win, but just dont see it happening with this team this season, hope I am dead wrong though.

I hope we're both dead wrong as well.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
we're totally inexperienced, have a horrific bench (aside from t-doug and MAYBE shawne williams), we're going against a team who has great playoff/championship experience..oh yeah, and we play NO defense. what are we gonna score 130 points each game?

celtics in 5 or 6

I think he meant as in a collective unit. Our 3 hasn't been threw the wars TOGETHER like the Celts have. But I think the tons of playoffs experience they have individually should make up for that.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
true, but my thing is those guys are too experienced NOT to carry the other guys you know. like Billups will help Douglas huge during these playoffs. our 3 and their experience will carry everyone and with that everyone else will fall into place. as for the battles together, as you mentioned they've all been there enough for that to be a serious factor you know