We Return: Knicks @ Boston - Sun, April 17 @ 7:00pm

KingCharles34

All Star
Yea i dont mind melo taking the last shot either but i thought there were several shots that stoudemire shoulda taken instead of Melo prior to that.

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
Ronnie Brewer could have been useful down the stretch to guard Allen. Fields, the rookie, was taken to school.
Do you remember the first half when Allen was invisible? Yeah, I do too. There was absolutely no reason for us to have Billups + Douglas or Douglas + Carter in down the stretch.

Toons

is the Bo$$
If you can't see this offense needs a PG like Paul, then you sir are absolutely BEYOND BLIND. Ridiculous that you keep spouting this nonsense. Did you see how he toyed w the Lakers???? Smmfh..

our needs are a defensive big man and a defensive sg to balance the offense. if we get paul, we have no flexability for a quality big or sg (unless we rely on fields' development) go after howard. if orlando gets embarrassed this post season, its his best bet to come to new york for his chance at a ring.

if you still think that

paul
melo
amare

is a better big 3 for the knicks than

melo
amare
howard

then you are blind

TakMan

Rotation player
Blaming MDA? Seriously? Get over it. He got us here. I love Melo but if he'd knocked down even close to a third of the open looks he had we win that game. If we have any paint presence at all and don't once again make a player over the hilll look like the on form all star we win that game.

MDA did what he could with what he had.

THE CELTICS HAVE A BETTER TEAM.

The fact we got so close to them in game one in their own backyard is credit to MDA and a lot of our players.

By the way that flop by Pierce that led to a bullshit call on Melo, I know "soccer" players who'd be happy with that shit.

Nah mate. Celtics don't have a better team. If their players were in their prime then they'd probably walk past the Knicks, but right now they are pensioners in the making and had either Billups or Anthony played their usual game then this would be a comprehensive victory for the Knicks. Should have won this one.

STAT1

Starter
I'll live w Melo taking the last shot. He's proven himself in those situations. The main problems were the refs f-ing us, not having a timeout at the end of the game, and being out-coached when it mattered most.

So will I. No one's complaining about anything if Melo hits that shot. He's proven himself in clutch moments his entire career, nobody can make them all not even MJ. You go to your best player in that case when TD had no freakin' idea what to do w/the ball with the clock winding down & down by 2 with no timeouts, he was looking for anyone to get rid of that like it was a hot tamale. STAT was hot & I can see how he should have gotten the ball but you if I have to live & die with Melo taking the last shot of a close game I don't have a problem with that.

This team cant play with us without help from the refs. Our bench will play better next game. Melo will play better. I'm hoping Billups just had a cramp. Looks like he extended himself too much on that play. Game 2 we wont let the refs decide who wins.

Now Docs punk ass is answering questions. God I hate the Celtics...

smokes

Huge Member
I'll live w Melo taking the last shot. He's proven himself in those situations. The main problems were the refs f-ing us, not having a timeout at the end of the game, and being out-coached when it mattered most.

I don't mind Melo taking the last shot but seriously why a deep 3 he had another few seconds on the clock and did not really try to get it to midrange where he is most dangerous.

The Celtics were tired, you could see it the entire last 5 minutes was a struggle for them but they do have what it takes down the stretch. If we had stretched the game out another 5 minutes we would have had the advantage. Still. Bleh

That call was BS but it's not fixed guys, that's home court advantage for you. If we beat them next game we will have 3 chances to win games on those kinds of calls.

I can't believe I'm saying this but if we get eliminated i want Miami to eliminate Boston just so they can wipe that fkn smirk off of Pierce's face.

mafra

Legend
Nah mate. Celtics don't have a better team. If their players were in their prime then they'd probably walk past the Knicks, but right now they are pensioners in the making and had either Billups or Anthony played their usual game then this would be a comprehensive victory for the Knicks. Should have won this one.

The Knicks needed this game if they were going to win the series. NOW, all we can hope for is a Game-6 at MSG. There's no way NYK win 3 of the next 4... So, most likely, it's 3-2 BOS. AND, NYK have almost zero chance winning Game-7 in BOS.

So, that whistle basically cost NYK their shot at advancing. Hope Stern pulls him from the series. He ws going to blow that whistle on that possession no matter what happened. Pretty pathetic.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I really think we should trade Bilups+Fields for CP3 while Fields' trade value is still high.

CP3 has Bellineli, Oke, Ariza, and undersized PF in Landry. He controlled that game today and got all of those guys involved and clicking.

Can you imagine him on this team w Amare, Melo and our role guys???

It wouldn't even have been close. Smf @ these fools.

Getting Paul is a no-brainer people!

WrongIslander

Rotation player

Melo sucked balls tonight and I love the guy but let's have it right. There's nothing MDA can do other than get him the looks he did.

That game came down to luck and a terrible call at the end. Boston fought back to make it a one possession game and Stat made sure that's all it was.

We're not good enough. O'Neal beasted because we have no presence in the paint. I still want CP3 more than any superstar C but I want a big body in there just to stop it being SO easy to go through us.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
CP3 has Bellineli, Oke, Ariza, and undersized PF in Landry. He controlled that game today and got all of those guys involved and clicking.

Can you imagine him on this team w Amare, Melo and our role guys???

It wouldn't even have been close. Smf @ these fools.

Getting Paul is a no-brainer people!

I'm gonna keep saying it cos it's true. We'll do everything we can to get CP3 and if the package is right there's no doubt CP3 wants to be here.

As for this year, a game 7 v Boston is all I wanted, how it goes is down to fate but to get to it shows our growth.

skisloper

Starter
If the ref is going to call a bullshit offensive on that possession he needs to call a techinical with Rivers on the court playing a 6th defender right behind Melo as he shoots....since when is that allowed.

really? would you trade cp3 for billups and fields if u were NOs GM?
we might as well trade anthony carter for dirk and tyson chandler
Well cp3 doesn't want to be in NO and at least they would get something in return instead of getting Lebron'd

EDIT: Also the NBA is the GM of NO and why wouldn't Stern want his richest franchise playing well?

miked1958

Rotation player
Cant Blame the Refs

I don't mind Melo taking the last shot but seriously why a deep 3 he had another few seconds on the clock and did not really try to get it to midrange where he is most dangerous.

The Celtics were tired, you could see it the entire last 5 minutes was a struggle for them but they do have what it takes down the stretch. If we had stretched the game out another 5 minutes we would have had the advantage. Still. Bleh

That call was BS but it's not fixed guys, that's home court advantage for you. If we beat them next game we will have 3 chances to win games on those kinds of calls.

When you are up 51-39 at halftime and only score 85 in the game (thats only 34 pts in the whole 2nd half 17p quarter avg) and say what you want thats either a CLAMP Down Defense by the Celts (playoff BB Defense) or we STUNK on Offense in 2nd half. We are the team that is supposed to be able to put up at least a 100ppg at least every game. Even all the ESPN guys and Media figured we would put up at least a 100 and said the Celt would avg to come way up over their avg of 90 to win series. So yes those were both bad calls at end of game with Melo on the Offensive foul and TD not getting any call when he was knocked down.